Wizard quest

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Cinexa, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Cinexa Guest

1. does it start at 19-20ish?
    2. same gnome as sorcerer?
    3. if not where & who?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ballefjong Guest

1. Yes you can start it at lvl 19.
    2. No
    3. You gotta talk to one of the npc's inside the mage tower in SQ.

/Pukk
  3. ARCHIVED-Dean Guest

where does the quest for wizard start in freeport?

same place as sorcerer etc.?
  4. ARCHIVED-Ironcleaver Guest

started and completed it at level 18.
  5. ARCHIVED-chaosangel Guest

in freeport its a gnome inside the academy, forgot the name
    and ya can start it at 18 already, then you complete it and once you ding 20 youll be a wizzlemedizzlenofizzle
    Message Edited by chaosangel on 11-18-2004 07:14 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Jays567 Guest

Im currently lvl 18...who (where is he) do I talk to in the mages tower in SQ to start the hallmark quest? Please help.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kimpe Guest

Speak to Telamina in the mage tower. She's up the leftmost portal.
  8. ARCHIVED-Fearchar Guest

What is the point of completing it early? You don't actually become a Wizard until you ding 20, and you more than likely will not be able to equip the reward until then either.
  9. ARCHIVED-bmlavall Guest

The staff can be equipped at 19. I did the trials/quest shortly after I dinged 18 and had little problem. The gnolls were the toughest part on the qeynos side of things, but even they were easily soloable at 18.
    One reason to do it earlier is for the extra xp boost you get for completing the trails, gets you to 20 that much faster. Other reasons include impatience, curiosity, boredom, fun, etc. etc.
    Message Edited by bmlavall on 11-21-2004 05:42 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Fearchar Guest

Thanks, good to know. I remember finishing my Shaman quest in beta and not having enough exp to ding 10. I was unable to equip the new breastplate until I did.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jays567 Guest

Thanks for the info...I'm now almost level 21.

Here are some answers to questions I had prior to completing this quest:

Where: You need to take the BLUE portal inside the S. Qeynos Mage tower. From there, speak to the girl who in the room directly in front of you.

What level: You can start and complete this quest at level 18.

Why: This is a required quest to become a Wizard. Complete as early as possible because you need all the XP boosts you can get.

Mission: The first part requires you to kill different types of gnolls. I went to Black Burrow and ran along the rock wall (toward the ocean) and the gnolls spawned on me in groups of 2. The second part requires you to kill 4 elementals in the mage tower. Do NOT attack the earth elemental when u first zone into your trial, instead take one of the three portals and kill each elemental individually. When all three are dead, go back to the main hall and kill that earth elemental. If you run into trouble, use a portal, the earth elemental can't reach you up there.
    One more thing, common sense would tell you not to use blaze on the fire elemental, use Ice Spike.

Reward: Wizard staff and the ability to have the Wizard tag once you ding to level 20.

I hope this helps, good luck!
  12. ARCHIVED-Benir Guest

The gnoll part of the wizard quest can be a real pain the the backside. By running along the rockwall near BB you cause all 3 mobs you need to spawn in random. The main problem is that you find a lot of the time you spawn Diviners and only the occaisonal Oracles or Chanters (or I did last night). I got around the Oracle problem by killing them inside BB but the Chanters I had to repeatedly spawn Diviners before Chanter mobs spawned. Even then I had to kill about 10 lots of chanters before the stone dropped.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lavii Guest

When you say run along the wall, what are you talking about? Do you zone into BB first? or are youtalking about from the entrance outside running along the cliff wall towards the ocean? I don't understand where this is.

Thanks

Lavii
  14. ARCHIVED-bmlavall Guest

I found 2 places outside of BB to get them to spawn regularly. It is random as far as which one (chanters, oracles, diviners) spawns, but they do share the same spawn points.

1st location - on the islands off the southern coast of Antonica: the log bridges to get to the next island or to the back entrance of BB. As you walk across the logs they will spawn in groups of 2. One spawns on one end of the log, the other spawns on the other end. I have seen all 3 varieties spawn on the logs, though oracles are much more rare.

2nd location - from the islands mentioned in #1 head back to mainland. As soon as you get back to shore turn to your right (east) and head towards BB entrance. As you walk toward the entrance there are 2 spawn points. They will spawn in groups of 2 one on your left and one on your right. All 3 varieties spawn here as well.

Note: these spawns are most often hidden/invisable until you cross an imaginary line (trigger point) to get them to spawn. Occasionally you can see the mobs before hand, but only if someone else has passed through the trigger point recently.
    Also, invis does not work to get the mob to spawn without aggro. They will see through your invis as soon as you cross the trigger point and you will be engaged in battle at that moment.

I believe the spawn timer for all 4 spawn points to be approximately 5-7 minutes. I had time to walk through all 4 spawn points, kill the mobs and return to the first spawn point only to have to wait a short time. So take your time, they do spawn on a regular cycle as you cross the trigger points.

edit: one more thing, that probably goes without saying, but.... You might not receive the quest pieces on your first kill of an oracle, chanter, or diviner. You may have to kill several of each type before you get the quest pieces you need to return to the mage's towers in SQ.
    Message Edited by bmlavall on 11-25-2004 10:38 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Lavii Guest

Thx so much for the reply, this will be a great help.

Cheers,
    Lavii
  16. ARCHIVED-Cinexa Guest

The tip on getting diviners / enchanters on the wood bridges on islands is huge ~ they only spawn in pairs and are easy ~ can be soloed np.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dinamael Guest

This was difficult at level 18 for me. I died several times. One thing I learned to do is run trhough to trigger the quest mobs, and then sprint to Blackburrow. Then, come back out and attack them at my choosing, not theirs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Riny Guest

I've been killing chanters and diviners outside BB w/o seeing a single Oracle pop. I'm now at 37 pairs spawned w/o a single Oracle. Tried wall and tree bridges. Tried to get a group in BB, but no interest. Not sure what to do. Sigh.
    Message Edited by Riny on 11-28-2004 05:24 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-bmlavall Guest

I'm not sure what to recommend, other than maybe going to Antonica 2 or 3 or any other instance and try your luck there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Riny Guest