Wizard Mythical - Dragon's Marrow (TLE)

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zenji, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Chrexx Active Member

Caith, will you disappoint Al'Kabor?
  2. Tetley Member

I am not a Wizard and I support this message.

P.S. Tweak Rangers as well
    KaitlynnAM101 and Naavin like this.
  3. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Well Al'Kabor has been disappointed 4 times before so... will Al'Kabor finally not be shamed for the first time on a TLE?
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  4. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Make Wizards Great Again.

Rangers only really need a little bit of a tweak. Their individual DPS may not be as high but Searing Shot's debuff is 4.5% increased raid damage which is a ton of dps. If ppl started observing raidwide instead of individual parses, I personally think more people would be running rangers. I guess this is the topic for Wizards so I'm gonna stop here, but Run Rangers in 2023 is definitely a worthwhile slogan.
  5. Chrexx Active Member

Here's some data from our wizard, who gets just about every buff in the game (because why run a wizard if you aren't giving them everything). He has Jcap, primal fury, synergism, time compression, regular animal forms, and more!

If you added just 10 doublecast to a fully buffed and geared wizard right now and changed nothing else, their DPS would have increased by 663, or a 6.6% increase, for the following Avatar of Fear fight detailed below:

Avatar of Fear fight (Original):
    Necro | 13.90K
    Necro | 13.63K
    Swash | 10.51K
    Wizard | 10.05K
    Brigand | 9.90K
    Swash | 9.24K
    Illy | 7.84K
    Illy | 6.39K

Avatar of Fear fight (with 10 doublecast on wizard)
    Necro | 13.90K
    Necro | 13.63K
    Wizard | 10.71K
    Swash | 10.51K
    Brigand | 9.90K
    Swash | 9.24K
    Illy | 7.84K
    Illy | 6.39K

Conclusion: Wizard would have gained about 663 DPS from doublecast, and they would have still be several thousand DPS behind the necromancers. This change would not make wizards overpowered.

Below is the detail for the calculation (for reference). The Rows highlighted in Green are the ones that would have been affected by doublecast. More examples to come.

[IMG]
    digital dice online
  6. Chrexx Active Member

In the following Emerald Halls zonewide, the wizard's DPS would have increased by 998.56 if you added 10 doublecast. A proper buff for a class that should be much higher on DPS given that's all they do, and it wouldn't be overpowered in the slightest.

Emerald Halls (Original)
    Swash | 17.40K
    Necro | 15.96K
    Wizard | 14.64K
    Necro | 13.55K
    Brigand | 10.18K
    Illy | 9.63K
    Illy | 9.62K

Emerald Halls (with 10 doublecast on Wizard)
    Swash | 17.40K
    Necro | 15.96K
    Wizard | 15.64K
    Necro | 13.55K
    Brigand | 10.18K
    Illy | 9.63K
    Illy | 9.62K
  7. Chrexx Active Member

Here's an example from Freethinker's Hideout. The wizard's DPS would have increased by 1,140 if you added 10 doublecast.

Freethinker's Hideout (Original)
    Swash | 22.54K
    Necro | 19.34K
    Wizard | 18.37K
    Assassin | 17.40K
    Necro | 17.23K
    Brigand | 12.42K
    Illy | 11.34K
    Illy | 10.17K

Freethinker's Hideout (with 10 doublecast on Wizard)
    Swash | 22.54K
    Wizard | 19.51K
    Necro | 19.34K
    Assassin | 17.40K
    Necro | 17.23K
    Brigand | 12.42K
    Illy | 11.34K
    Illy | 10.17K
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

in before the take away from all these posts pleading for Wizard Mythical buff (fix) ends up with just a nerf to Swashy. ;)
  9. Liberal Active Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

See above images, this is comparing wizard to swashbuckler. A swashbuckler has 10k (30%) of their parse from five AA points.

The wizard is gaining roughly 200 dps every 1% of ability doublecast, adding another 2k to this wizards parse, not accounting for the probability of the 2% already triggering, is not going to put them in the realm of swash/necro.

This wizard has TC, Bolster, Jcap, Synergism, Primal Fury, Animal Form. Really there isn't much left to buff them with. This player in question, also parsed above or with the necro's, swashbucklers, and other T1's on the last server. The balance is just so out of whack right now due to evade blame, and the pet changes since last EOF that wizards now seem to suck.

While I do enjoy our swashbuckler friends parsing extremely high, and our necromancer friends. I am confused why both sorcerer's seem to be tuned to parse less than Summoners/Rogues.

While this post was directed at wizards getting their myth back to its original state, I think a close look at the balance of T1's is also something that should be inspected, and I hope this gives clarity on why so many are asking for a buff to wizards.
    KaitlynnAM101 and Zenji like this.
  10. Liberal Active Member

I think the debuff is neat, but on all the content that the debuff could add more dps than a swashbuckler, I can run any class in the game and still successfully clear it as it's tuned super easy. On "hard" things, like mayong and avatars - this just simply isn't true.

A swashbuckler will actually out parse the searing shot debuff on a fight like Contested Mayong, the swash would be at nearly 35k, and a ranger at maybe 20k, on a 200k raid wide.

Add cleaving which is all the hardest content, Avatars, Contested Mayong, all favor a swashbuckler damage wise. A additional swashbuckler also offers swipe, another lung puncture - which stacks with swashbuckler 1, a AOE blocker, physical mit debuffs for the add cleave, and they can easily blue aoe adds with warding ebb for even more magical debuffs. I wouldn't run a ranger.
  11. Chrexx Active Member

RoK is a great time to try to balance some classes through their mythicals tbh. This way you can change TLE balance without potentially affecting live.
  12. Unnattural Member

I really wish @caith would look at this and not only for the Wiz class, many classes need major buffs, Dont nerf swash or necro just elevate other classes to be competitive... Wiz Sin and Ranger, are not competitive atm. Not even within 20% in most instances.

Wizards are asking for a buff of less than 10% 10adc yields 6-8% dps. Why is this even a question? Hell if anything give them 15 ADC instead of 10!

PS Dont nerf anything just buff the 3-4 classes that really need it! thnx
  13. Chrexx Active Member

Bump because we're about a month away from RoK, and I've been posting about this issue for several years now. Let's make some class balance progress and make a change the entire community would welcome.
    KaitlynnAM101 and Naavin like this.
  14. Zare New Member

I would like to join the Wizard support group. Bring back their ADC.
  15. Liberal Active Member

I don't think having six classes that parse 4-5x higher than bards/enchanters/fighters is very healthy for the overall game.

It's already outrageous how out of balance damage is from a T1 DPS to a "T2"/"T3". This is not live, we do not need classes parsing 30% off of one button or a random proc.

As it currently stands, loot is mostly worthless on bards as they just don't do enough damage to compensate being given loot. This will only exacerbate the issue.

Edit: Just checking some general parses, if my swashbuckler didn't have evade blame they would still be T1.5 or even T1 on harder fights, and T1 on anything in blue AOE. For a "rogue" this seems appropriate, especially with one as many debuffs as I previously mentioned. Necro should also be a T1.5.
    KaitlynnAM101, Rozyn and SolarFaire like this.
  16. kamini65 New Member

okey,,,,I thought so too. insta pro
  17. Chrexx Active Member

Don't mean to be that guy, but bump.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

10 ability doublecast is pretty reasonable. This would be an easy win for the Dev team.
    [IMG]
    oakmiser likes this.
  19. Crabbok Member

10% double cast makes perfect sense to me and would be easy.

But what if it were 3% QUAD_CAST! Mind=blown!
  20. Chimeron Member