[Wishlist] Loyalty Merchant v.2.0

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Sharann Well-Known Member

Glass tiles please! Just remove the frame from the vampiric mirror and I'm good. No need to design something super-complicated.

Gosh I'll probably be retired when those come out :(
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

If this item: Disused Ssraeshza Teleporter, is no longer available as someone suggested in AB Homeshow chat...I would truly like to see it end up on the loyalty merchant. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's still available. It's plundered from Ssraeshza Temple heroic.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; I've found the Misty Tiles do a fairly decent job of replicating the swirly solids in a regular Vamp Mirror, even though the Misties in their various forms are just translucent Cloudy Tiles (or the Cloudies are opaque versions of the Misties, with a background?). ;->

And the various Ice Tiles, the more transparent the merrier, aren't bad substitutes for glass, but yeah, it's really not the same. Of course, going by prior SOE standards, something that looks like thinly scraped parchment in a frame that might let in some light into a room is fine for a window... :-/ While it actually is quite period for the medieval/Renaissance times, the richer folks back then did have real window glass, and I'd like to think that us adventurer types, though we may be looked down on by merchants and nobles and all, would certainly be rich enough to be able to afford real glass. ;->

And as far as any arguments about the technological feasibility of mass-producing such, I have one word.......
    GNOMES. ;->

Uwk
    who, the more it's thought on, has another term in mind: CARPENTER RECIPES. To heck with having to spend tons of our Loyalty Tokens on a wall full of windows, LET US MAKE 'EM. Maybe of various sizes (square and rectangular) with various THIN (thin, do you hear, SOE?) frames on the edges that we could cover, if need be: Elm, Maple, Ash, Briarwood, Teak, Redwood, Eucalyptus, etc., you get the idea (and we would get more than 2 recipes per Carpenter book, sometimes; get 'em for the Mastercrafted materials, too). ;-> And if Loams are so vastly important to every craft on the planet, just like Roots, give them a separate node, too (Loamy Soils or whatever) and make the window recipes require some; it would make sense to use that as a material (and would get the frickin' Loams out of our real metal Ore nodes!). If people are worrying about cherry-picking, give us a loam guy like we have a shrub guy at the docks in Thundering Steppes. ;->
    Merriel likes this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thanks, Malleria, for that info, though it doesn't help me very much, since SOE seems to think decorators run heroics and/or raid and see fit to only put plundered furniture items in those dungeons these days. I can see putting better gear and mount drops in those dungeons, but what's wrong with putting the plundered items in the solo/adv solo dungeons? Seems to me that will make the items more available to those who would use them the most. Wish SOE would stop trying to 'nudge' us to play the game their way. :(

I agree with you, Uwk...thin borders would be so much better, as they would be a lot easier to 'hide' when trying to re-texture them to look differently than their original appearance. Why even put a border on them in the first place? What's the point, if people are going to try to hide the borders anyways. :)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely yes with that first paragraph, in every way (hey, SOE; enough with the soloer [and decorator, apparently] hate again, k?)! As for the second, the only reason I suggested the frames would be an excuse to get recipes for 'em in each tier: 1 = Elm, 2 = Maple (I think; don't quote me, but you get the idea), etc. Although, with loams as a separate thing, perhaps they could get different regular Glass Tile recipes for each tier, without the need for frames (maybe Tier 1 would be the equivalent of the "scraped parchment" default windows we have for Qeynos and Freeport; Tier, oh, say, 5 or 6 might be nice glass, but in small panes held together with leading, and Tier 10 might be large panes of modern-day level clear glass, whatever; make the current Stained Glass stuff somewhere in the middle, so a range of Carpies could make 'em [gah, I wish we had Domino still here; she'd Google the history of glass and window-making, and have ideas ready to go for each tier, Handcrafted and Mastercrafted, before her lunch break])...and glass-making also lends itself to things like porcelain-making, etc....even more new recipes! Tier 10 space shuttle tiles for the gnomes! Whatever! :D

Plus, here's the thing with frames: I think, though I don't know for sure, that without at least some textured background thing going on (like with the true Water Tiles; even they have a definite "current" and ripples), there needs to be some sort of "solid" border, somehow. I can't see making pure, clear, right out of the factory today glass as a tile without something like a frame. :-/

Uwk
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh I definitely agree with you, Uwk...a frame would actually be helpful for laying them as well. I know with the misty tiles you get from the moonlight enchantments, I have a horrible time laying them because I can't see the borders. I even tried what someone suggested, moving them after I've laid it so that the borders will light up...but on those tiles, the borders never light up for me and I cannot see where I am putting them. If they had some kind of a border...even just a minute pixel sized border around the edges...I might actually be able to place those tiles accurately.

No worries though...come the New Year I'll be downloading the layout editor, and hopefully that will solve my issues with those tiles. :D
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah...those Misty things are the banes of my decorating existence, and even the Water Tiles, much as I love them, don't play nicely until after the second time you move them; the first time, they're completely invisible. :-/

Uwk
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Love's Golden Defense! A must have on the loyalty merchant, please! :)
  10. Dukune New Member

The house item jewels you could purchase from the druid ring event.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hrm, do you have an official name for those, or can we find 'em on EQ2 Furniture under "Gems" or such...?
    Ah! Looks like Jewel of Growth and Jewel of the Balance?

Uwk
  12. Jexi Well-Known Member

Can you add all the defunct Frostfell music boxes that have the EQ1 game music in them? They looked like jewelry boxes. I miss those so much.

Here's the list of their names:

Ak'anon Beats music box
    Evil Dirge music box
    Faydark Melody music box
    Felwithe Aria music box
    Freeport Theme music box
    Legendary Theme music box
    Qeynos Theme music box
    Rivervale Shanty music box
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I skimmed this posting and the [Wishlist] Loyalty Merchant and the last two sets of added house items weren't in any of the postings that I could find anyway. Do we have to resubmit the lists 1.0 and 2.0 for them to actually listen to the items we really want to see? The first batch of house items actually were most of the frequently requested items so its disappointing to see items that decorators weren't requesting.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

I'd rather see these added back to Frostfell. They'd be great to add to the new cube race quest - pick one each time you finish it.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, Lera...what's your take on the Cube Race? ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  16. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

Please add 2010's fan-made paintings!!! i missed those as i had issue with returning back as active status as i bought "Fate" expansion before launched and frostfell of 2010 event started.
    i got 2011's paintings, but i want 2010's version, Please!
  17. Lera Well-Known Member

Someone has to help the cubes escape with their candy canes.
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

They can't, unfortunately. Those were part of a contest, where the prize was getting your painting added permanently. So there's legal reasons why they can't keep those. Boo. I've asked about this at Fan Faire multiple times.
  19. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

bummer, not even for 100 loyal tokens each?
    i tried to reactivate during those days and had to wait 2 weeks and missed all that, and just in time for 2010's frostfell event.

i was hopefully for "replicia" paintings in different frames instead of originals. there one painting that i want the most of all, that "white-haired with trim beard" knight, "Humble Beginning", i think it what it was called.
    dont know if anyone on Butcherblock has any extras.

Replicias should be available and it is in different form away from the "originals" that we know.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

I would like to see the following two items added to the loyalty merchant as well (though I'm not sure the second one can be, but if it can, that would be awesome).

[IMG]