Will You Be the April Fool When the Pink Meatbeasts Return?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Losadunai Active Member

Yeah, neat mounts- except that price! I have been (and still am) stunned at the price of SC mounts. I mean, sure, they are neat, but only being redeemable on one character makes $25 or $30 bucks for a vanity item kind of ludicrous to me. I'm all for buying mercs, reforging, classes or races - but even if I did save my 500 SC every month, I would not blow that much on something only one toon could use.

I work hard for my money and I am more than willing to support this game with my sub, and buy SC for the occasional fun item, but I really don't see me ever spending that much on a mount. I would be over the moon if there were more mounts I could quest for, that are as cool or funny as these (and others in the marketplace). Wish you guys would consider making a quest version of the duck mount.

(then again, part of me is convinced this is an early april fools prank and duck mounts will never happen anyway lol)
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sish there is no pleasing you guy for a long time people were pleading with the devs to get them a duck mount and now you say hum di doo I don't care
    people also wanted the pink bovoch mount back you got your wish
    Be happy for those people that wanted this things nobody forces you to go on a shopping spree.
    Hijinx likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Y'know, as many warts (heck, running sores) as WoW has, the one thing I always liked about them was their "out-game" economy, in other words, their version of the Marketplace here (as opposed to their "in-game" economy [like with the Auction House, the bank, buying stuff from NPCs, the mail system, etc.], which pretty much always SUCKED...one of the reasons I love this game is for the in-game economy!). For $25, you could basically buy an "unlock" of an SC sort of mount...for your entire account, and they had up to 50 character slots (limit 10 per server). Any character you made after buying that, any character you already had, any server anywhere, would get a mount token in the in-game mail, and the minute you received it and examined it, boom, you got a new mount. You still had to be a certain level to ride/fly it (they'd finally lowered it to 20th for ground mounts by the time I left, and like 60th for flyers), but dang it, it was there. And, frequently, they were beautiful; Google any screenshots on the Pegasus mount they had back then, the one that was basically the constellation itself as a living, breathing mount. Gorgeous. :)

Uwk
    Belenos and Losadunai like this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

1950 SC is a bargain. I was expecting 3k each.
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Thimdirran Active Member

Most, if not ALL, mounts purchased on the Marketplace are non-attunable but are heirloom and usable by all characters that have access to the same shared bank.
  6. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure before I grab a meatbeast on 4/1. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...remember when these things were first introduced? At first, they actually had a straight face when they said the price was 50,000 SC (basically, $500.00), then when everyone either freaked out or laughed their butts off (but in either case, refused to buy them), then they giggled and admitted there was a slipped decimal, so they were only $50.00 each. Such a bargain! :D

Must be why they're down around a regular mount price these days. ;->

EDIT: oh, you were talking about the perhaps-mythical duck mounts; I thought you were talking about the meat beasts, until I looked at the official entry on that again and realized nope, they STILL aren't the price of regular mounts, even though they won't be around as long. Way to go, devs.

Uwk
    Belenos and Feldon like this.
  8. Achirin Active Member

I don't know Errrorr... I smell a terrible early April fools joke here. I'm going to remain skeptical until I purchase mine.
  9. floofloobunny Active Member

If that duck has a waddle in its walk, Im gonna die happy :)
  10. Kytos New Member

When I clicked this thread, I was actually hopeful it was referring to the return of the pink meatbeast warders, whom my beastlord has been longing to tame one of for ages...I don't suppose they'll be coming back as well? It would certainly make this a wonderful Bristlebane Day! :D
  11. Vader(>*.*)> New Member

Or I could just do the Altar of Malice questline and get a mount that doesn't cost 30 bucks to ride a flying cow, how stupid do you think people are?
  12. Csipi Active Member

30 bucks for a mount!!! o_O

guess daybreak needs money to make up for all the lost subs of late.
    Belenos likes this.
  13. Lexxiii Active Member

Can't wait to buy them.
  14. Whiterose New Member

I have to agree with Wizen on that the game seems to be dying. I have played Everquest from day one and I remember when it was just a player marketplace, questing Wurmslayers on your horse which you had to buy "Oats" to keep it fed. Now it seems to be getting a little silly what with all the mounts, house items and tons of other market items. I mean c'mon, questing for a bucket to wear on your head? I like the old school way of questing for a good piece of armor or weapon, not seeing "pretty houses" or "pink cows" . Lay off on all the trendy junk and bring back EQ to how it used to be ;)
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  15. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Why post things like this ? They are fluff items, and people like looks, you don't like it, you don't buy it ! Said about SC items million times before me.
    Also they are the same price they been before for years.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

I have two flying meatbeast mounts, and an IQ over 130. *shrugs*
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

But there are two uber pieces of gear as quest rewards. It's just some mischievious complications that make them unequipable as gear. ROFL!
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I will be buying 2-3 duckmounts and maybe a flying pink cow.

I've got over 15000SC over two accounts, all from double SC promotion or monthly grant, so those prices are effectively more than half the actual fee.

I spend more on a couple of drinks, and it gives me some laughs.
  19. Sylvain Member

I get it. I feel the same. It is far better an accomplishment to earn the mount (and more fun as well), than to purchase it.
    I too am a member, however account wide features would be my first choice as well to spend my SC.

Then again, the last account wide feature I purchased was the Dungeon Maker that SOE shut down the following month. :eek: :mad: :(
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I lucked out with those, sort of...I only got the Dungeon Maker to use the dungeons for bigger stuff-storage areas for decorating (though I SO wish they'd at least let us have our Dungeon Tokens back!); haven't gotten the Mercs and never will (really, people; the only characters that stink at soloing [that I know of; also haven't gotten the Channeler yet] are the Templars and Inquisitors and Coercers [but they only really have problems in the center of the Hedge Maze thing at Nights of the Dead before level 65]); and bought the unlock for the Freeblood race...about an expansion before they became free content on the /claim menu. /face_palm

Uwk
    who has an abiding lust for character slots...but who can stop at any time. Really. Honest! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.