Will You Be the April Fool When the Pink Meatbeasts Return?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldorn Member

No CAPES!

Sorry, all the cape requests reminded me of this!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I want to do this room up in EQ2 somehow...fortunately, we have the Cloudy Tiles, and big statues, and fountains/water features, and things to use for that impossible staircase...I think the trickiest part would be the bas-relief panel in the background at the beginning of that clip. The very first time Da Spouse and I saw that in the theater and Edna lamented, "I used to design for GODS..." we lost it. We shoulda known: always, always take Kleenex to a Brad Bird movie. ;->

Uwk
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  3. Knight Member

4. Maryellen New Member

I hope that you can float on water with it instead of having it disappear. Ducks do float on water =P
  5. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Yes, because everything here makes perfect Norrathian sense...which is why I was on my old main toon this weekend in New Halas, decked out in my Bunny ears and riding my Horse of a Different Color.
    Makes sense to meeeee ;)

Bring on the Duck Mounts!

Kitty
  6. beagley Well-Known Member

Is this true? You're effectively buying a mount for one day a year?

I recall in 2013 when the controversy then was that they were priced at 5,000SC and people bought them expecting the price to be a joke and that a SC rebate would follow, which never happened. This is the first time that I've heard the mount disappeared the day after purchase. Can anyone who actually bought one verify (rather than a "I know people who" source) or would a dev comment on the facts of the matter please?
    Naramsin likes this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this happening. Ever. And if it did, customer service would fix it. Even now with the sad mass layoffs they would fix such a thing as quick as they were able to do it.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Foretold Well-Known Member

Not true at all. Someone let the crazies out of the asylum this morning, apparently.
    Naramsin, Kittybock and Regolas like this.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a stupid price last year, but it won't have disappeared the next day. Now it's slightly less stupid a price. Still high though.
    Belenos likes this.
  10. Thimdirran Active Member

I think this is a case of miscommunication. I would guess, based on what I know actually happened, is that the author of the post meant the mount was available for PURCHASE one day out of the year and was gone from the market thereafter.
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Why?
  12. beagley Well-Known Member

If you're responding to me, I know the mount was only available for purchase on marketplace one day last year. It's was an April Fools day special. Sounds like its available for a slightly longer period this year.

I was questioning Knights assertion that if you buy one, it isn't then available to use as a mount following the expiry of the bristlebane event for the rest of the year. That and the fairly strident statements on people "losing their Station Cash" isn't a miscommunication on the ability to only buy one of these on one particular day only, this seems to be more an opaquely worded warning of a percieved scam. I was attemting to find if that was actually true, especally as the original posting was "buried" in an edited quote within another quote of the same message.
  13. Belenos Well-Known Member

For me, 1950 for a mount is fairly high, but do-able. It does seem very high when compared to the cost (1350) for a prestige home, some of which are not only very large, but also very beautiful. $30.00 US for a mount just ain't gonna happen! No way, no how!

It is strange to me when I see one of the "Oddball" items on the marketplace that seems priced all out of proportion for what it is. My favorite one to pick on, as it is the one that seems not just a bit overpriced, but rather, stupidly overpriced, is the unattuner. $9.00 US to unattune one item? Never, ever, ever gonna happen! Here's the way I see it:
    $17.99 US for one krono = 3000 plat when sold on the broker (sometimes more).
    So, $9.00 US for one unattuner = 1500 plat
    Cost of a Mastercrafted Fabled piece of gear on broker = anywhere from 30-75 plat.
    So do I pay 1500 plat to hand-me-down one piece of gear to an alt, or do I just buy another one from the broker for ~50 plat? The answer seems obvious.
    I can see it, maybe, if used for a top-end piece of gear that is heirloom, but even some top-end gear sells for as little as 1.5k on Auction channel (some do sell for a lot less too--as little as 300-500 plat).
    Losadunai likes this.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Duck mounts should swim, please!

I can confirm I bought a berry-fed bovoch mount last year (when the price was reduced to current), and have been riding it ever since.

Warder version should be tameable on the 1st - at least it was when they activated the 1st on Test server Just remember they only spawn in certain areas and only when a beastlord comes by. And out of all the possible spawn locations in Norrath, only a selection of them can be activated at any given time. So you get to pick whether you camp one area and hope it shows up next on the spawn table, or circulate between a few areas and risk one of your preferred spots getting activated by someone else while you're not there. Or, like my friend and I did, we grouped our beastlord's together and she camped while I circulated.

The winged berry-fed bovoch temps me greatly, but I'm not getting paid until after it's gone. Next year, perhaps.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Are the berry bovich warders up yet? They don't seem to in the game as of 3AM Pacific.
  16. Caameron New Member

I was in Windstalker Village where I'd been camping days hoping he'd appear. Decided to leave and run back one last time before abandoning the effort to go finish leveling, when behold....

[IMG]

Got it this morning! (4/4/2015 around 10:30am Central)
  17. Roshen Well-Known Member

Reminder: Today is the last day for pink meatbeasts. Don't miss your chance to pick up Berry-Fed Bovochs mounts.
  18. Simparri Active Member

Originally it said the Duck mounts were going to be in during April & now they've backed it into May. Are they really intending to bring them in or are they as usual blowing smoke up?
  19. Simparri Active Member

I see I must eat my words just two days later:oops:! The ducks are here & they're even flying! (O'course they can charge more that way;)) My dwarven 'zerker is going to be So happy!:D
  20. Roshen Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.