Will future raid content be tuned?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Everything is too easy on Kaladim and if DoF/KoS/EoF raid content remains the same as T5, most raiders I have knowledge of says their guilds will collapse.

But I'm sure the players who dont even raid doesn't care about a lot fewer players on their server.
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

Not a single fix for anything on Nagafen. 'This time it will be different.' Nope, see you guys, I'm done. Enjoy your stuff around in 3 months when they do the same to you.
  3. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Can I have your stuff?
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not playing on Nagafen, but was really sad to see no fixes for you guys.

Reality is, probably not enough players there to warrant the time spent on it given their resource cap. But I know how passionate the players are on the server and really wish more could be done.

I was resolved even before this event server, the next good EQ2 pvp experience will be crowdsourced / emulator community.
  5. ShastaDietRaspberrySoda New Member

I'm not surprised at this. You have an organization that lacks the resources to do anything the right way. Then they gave their player base a bucket of false promises all in order to get a quick cash grab from the naive. Congrats and welcome to the TLE model of 'Screw you neighbor.'
  6. Ghorast Active Member

Project 06 when?
  7. Greene Active Member

I hope at this point no-one is surprised. We had the exact same issue on all 5 of the TLE servers (I think its 5, counting the event servers :p )

Not sure what anyone was expecting this time around. They came CLOSE on Fallen Gate, but would fix it when the current expansion was almost done. What an odd company.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

We just did half of the prisma with 14 peoples, 3 were not even 50 and not many were geared; so it can probably be done but a single group.

It is really fine if you can raid with a very reduced roaster.

If you love army like organisation, raiding X times a week at fixed hours (this is so ridiculous), playing with peoples who think they are "awesome"while they are jut the average Joe with good gear; in summary if you enjoy all the crap that Eq2 enforced for years ... well just ask for levels of difficulty. It is a simple way to accommodate the different play styles.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

No it isn't, this is not WoW, mobs do not scale to the number of people in the raid. So they need to be designed for either 1 group, 2 groups, or 4 groups. If 1 or 2 groups can kill it, it is not x4 content.

You mean having a scheduled time for people to meet up and play together? As an adult with multiple obligations it is actually a good thing to have things scheduled. Also when the content in game requires multiple groups of people, you kind of want to play with people that are available the same times you are. If you do that, then BOOM the evil raid schedule is created.

Also the "average Joes" had to do something to get that good gear, they didn't just log in and have it one day.

In summary if you enjoy playing Eq2 the way it was designed and has been played for the last 15 years, then it is fair to expect that to continue on this server. If you want multiple levels of difficulty, and flexible raid mobs that adjust to your raid size because you can't commit to playing the same 5 hours every week, then go to WoW, it is already there waiting for you.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The pinnacle of end game content, designed for full raids of 24 people yet being easily completed with a force at half power or less, is the very definition of broken content. Your statement just adds further proof that the content is broken.
    Zenji likes this.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Most raid guild I have knowledge of are full and not even recruiting except 1 or 2 healer/util classes.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Raiding base game is easy, but it was also easy on FG and the server did fine. And no, Fire and Ice is not the pinnacle of end game content.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It is for Shattered Lands, or at least it's supposed to be. It's the original raid signature line and the culmination of the primary launch-era storyline.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes raiding in classic has always been simple, but the ease of FG is no where near how easy Kaladim is. Pugs were not 2 - 3 grouping contested x4 mobs or Darathar on FG.

Both lore and progression wise, Darathar is suppose to be the end of classic content. (until Splitpaw / Bloodlines)
    MightyMeaghan likes this.
  15. JikkoActually New Member

Re: splitpaw/bloodlines, apparently the entirety of the raid loot from both of the adventure packs is level 40 aside from a couple weapons in the bloodlines raid
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    MightyMeaghan and JikkoActually like this.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Kal said they did half the prismatic, it's not like they 2 group pugged Darathar. Fire and ice the devs could make it harder, but it has never been hard any time I have done it. I think the main sig quest lines should be achievable by most raid guilds on the server. And have a couple really hard encounters that only a couple guilds can kill... and I think that's pretty much how it's always been, and what we have now with Vox.

It would not hurt my feelings to make stuff harder, but it would be another situation where the early bird gets it easy while the less leet up commers in the middle of progression get slowed down.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

There have been 2 group pugs that killed Darathar, they were talking about it in the official discord just a week or so ago. I agree the main sig line should be doable by most raid guilds absolutely, as long as it is requiring ~4 groups of players not 2 groups of pugs. What really gets me frustrated is the x4 contested mobs being total push over (minus Vox). They are not part of a sig line, they have no achievements tide to them. They are purely there for the challenge and for the rewards. Not to mention with a 4 month server along side the 8-12 hour respawns. There was no reason for them to be "this easy".

This never happens, but I do agree with Sixgauge, it is too late to make classic harder for Kaladim. Now Splitpaw and Bloodlines is a different conversation.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a 2 group pug killing Darathar over an hour and a half fight that we had on fallen gate.

I also enjoyed them buffing the mob up to SF raid encounter level's of HP than asking why it hadn't been killed yet.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

In the case of those 2 extremes, yes I agree. I guess it was a foolish hope that it landed somewhere in the middle.