Will future raid content be tuned?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people who likes to raid in EQ2 would also like to know if raid content past Shattered Lands and Splitpaw will be tuned so it feels like raid content or if we can expect no changes and expect the same quality of raid content as we currently have available on Kaladim.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

I agree with the concern, and it is a fair question. However, I think we need to push for a 2 phase beta, give us a week to test content, review feedback /patch, then a week to test again. I know that is unlikely to happen, but it is still worth asking for.

We got 3 months of Shattered Lands left, so they have plenty of time for something like that to happen.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

What is needed is various raid modes, at least 2 with of course different rewards. The easy mode should be very flexible on the team composition but should require decent gameplay, the normal mode would require a well build roaster and focused plater, the hard mode would require an optimized roaster, signet, miracles and a well trained team.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

If I wanted to do the same raid zone on 3 different difficulties, I would play WoW.
    Finwen and Pixistik like this.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

How do the raids look on Nagafen? Because those are the same raids we're getting.
  6. Dezz u New Member

the multi difficulty thing sucks on wow.. not everyone needs to see all the content, make it harder please
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Content that doesn't fall over and die would be the death of the ultra-casual playerbase that dominates Kaladim.

This isn't the server your looking for *waveshand*
    Pixistik likes this.
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

Terrible. Nagafen is being used as a beta for Kaladim. Calls on Kaladim to increase the difficulty on Kaladim have meant they've done for DoF what they've always done when they make things difficult, increase mob HP and auto-attack out to a ridiculous level so that content clears are die rolls and are terribly long. PPR as an example would be unclearable, and noone is bothering to raid. The gear is all awful, there is one good item in the entire expansion pack before Pedestal of Sky (the healer orb) and the best gear is farmed out of Living Tombs. So thanks.
    Finwen and Adoninilol like this.
  9. Satyr Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Black Queen (Courts)

[IMG]

Siyamak (Maj'Dul)

[IMG]

Lathana (PPR)

[IMG]

Pedestal 1

[IMG]

Pedestal 2

Given current mob HP pools doing any raiding is pointless, since it takes hours to clear for maybe 5-7 upgrade pieces across the entire expansion, excluding DMP.

The majority of armor is strictly worse than 30 stat gear dropping in living tombs, all jewelry is worse than 30 stat gear you can buy off the vendor.

I'm very mad at all the smug PVE players who carrying on about our server failing because of 'toxicity' when we are effectively a broken server being used as a beta for your content.
    Finwen likes this.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

Oh, and they didn't bother uplifting any of the Shattered Lands zone gear from 40 to 50 like Commune, Echoes of Time etc. So I just assume that's never getting fixed. I'm angry that I wasted my time and money on this game again. All they literally had to do was release the game as is with some small tinkers to PVP balance, and instead they've destroyed all raiding, all items and a whole swathe of abilities in PVP by just arbitrarily applying scripts across everything.
  11. Frid Member

Oh my god those items are so terribly lazy, how did they even dare releasing the expansion like that?
  12. Frid Member

Can you link some items off living tombs please? You mean the actual living tombs, the lvl 50+ contested group zone, or you mean tombs of ak en or whatever its called the raid zone?
  13. Satyr Well-Known Member

Not much point until Tuesday. Hopefully things will be fixed. Will provide feedback then.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

At least skills are finally on gear, I laughed every time that +12 spell skills was supposed to = 7% crit chance on Fallen Gate. At least some things were fixed.

(Please send message as consultant for tle)
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

From what I'm seeing from Nagafen...

Raiding is pointless primarily due to itemization. Everything is just green stats, so anything that drops equivalent primary stat is pretty much on par with raid gear.

I'm not sure how much I want to comment on the HP, as Lockjaw died in 4.5 minutes with a raid force using mostly app1's. That will probably be closer to 3 mins with a geared force. And on Kaladim where we have some blue stats, that is closer to a 1min to 1.5 min fight.

It's a TLE, if you ask for 'harder' or 'tuning' that is exactly what your going to get, HP pools and buff packages set to a point to extend the fight and have it hit harder. I don't think re-scripting encounters for a TLE really holds up to the expectation or really the intended delivery of a TLE experience.

Most of these mobs have/had very little mechanics. Nothing is suddenly going to make them 'hard'.

I do agree named fights shouldn't be less then 3-4 mins. And I strongly believe raid mobs should be for the most part dropping the best loot. It's fine for some good things or even a few BiS things to be sprinked in other content, but raiding has been and should be the top tier loot path for PvE servers.

People can make an argument on PVP, but that really belongs in the other forum.
    Finwen likes this.
  16. Satyr Well-Known Member

As an aside, Bloodline Chronicles wasn't released on Nagafen, nor was Splitpaw (presumably, I've only checked Bloodlines), which is unfortunate since we would have liked a shot at the mythics and the items are kind of useful for raid. Possibly something worth confirming RE: Kaladim
  17. Medicinal Active Member

To be fair, Nagafen doesn't have blue stats, for PvP balance or some such reason, so while that may reflect the green stats found on the items, ours will likely have blue stats as well.
  18. Satyr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately noone has worked out why we don't have blue stats, I think it's for the 'genuine TLE experience' or something.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

While true, there is no rhyme or reason why mobs dropping good blue stat gear are dropping them vs not. Often times the best gear is available outside of raid zones, and much of what drops in raids is trash.

Similar to on Nagafen how best / better gear is droping off heroic names in silent city. If you can get 30/31 stat gear from nameds on 10 min spawn timers in a heroic zone, why would you ever hit the raid zones that take a long time to kill and drop worse gear?

Maybe that is ok for a PVP server, but will be awful for a PVE server. I can maybe accept it on PVP as if the better gear is in a contested space, go contest it. I could accept that instance raiding on a pvp server maybe shouldn't be the path to good gear. It would be a deviation from the original PVP, but I could understand that choice.

Here on Kaladim, I expect an exodus of players if this isn't addressed for DoF. It is pretty bad for T5, but everyone has accepted it for now. I don't see people hanging around if this experience keeps repeating.

From my viewpoint, both players and DBG are failing to learn from what killed previous TLEs.
  20. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

That was what ultimately killed Stormhold for me. After the roller coaster that was content balance, having VP sets be worse than what was dropping in lower Sebilis and Chelsith is what finally caused my guild to say F- it. It's always refreshing to know some things will never change. :rolleyes: