Wikia Wednesday: Blog From Your Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This. As a mom, and a wife, I am a confirmed casual player. I haven't the time to give a raid guild my evenings several days a week. My guild is mommy-friendly, and we will never be raiders, lol, simply due to jobs, and rt demands. I would looove to see more advanced solo type dungeons, as Merriel said, for those of us that would like to do the content.
    Charlice, Luperza and Ellphaba like this.
  2. Seabreeze New Member

First off, welcome to your new posting. No doubt you will get a severe case of feedback overload and need a vacation in Hawaii or something before the month is out. :)

I have been with EQ2 since it went live. I have seen many changes, some for the better, some that were pure crap, and some that actually sparked creativity among the community. I, like several others posting here, constantly create new alts to explore the old locations and run through the early content. Sadly, many of the details have either been ignored or let go back to nature. Example; voice overs. Sony has done little to nothing in getting the voice over issue taken care of. This isn't a new problem. Its been with EQ2 since the beginning. They either have not been completed or have actually been deleted over the years. Earlier in the week I ran through a starter series of quest and was very disappointed to see that almost all of the voice overs were no longer working. Text bubbles only. This isn't what I would call a "Rich playing experience". Boring console games have more body to them. You don't need celebrity voices to fill the void. Get some of your coworkers or family or friends to do it. Its a tiny thing that makes a world of difference. Sony has always been more concerned with putting out new content than finishing the content they already have. I don't expect that to change, but it needed to be said.

Another issue that should not exist is the constant lag build up. This has nothing to do with population, so don't go there. It occurs in every zone and on every server. It is not an issue with my computer as hundreds of players complain about it as well, and its getting to the point where its interfering with the game play. Simple fact is, Sony doesn't care. They continue to add faulty content that requires fixing the day after it goes live and it wouldn't surprise me if it was responsible for most of the other problems growing day by day.

The biggest slap in the face has been the new Full Access. I can now access all of Sony's games for the cost of the Gold membership. Translation; We have no intent on fixing whats broke, but here's something else you can go play with if you don't like what you already have. I'm sorry, but for all the progress EQ2 has made over the years, it is still becoming little more than a cheep console game with a chat option. It is hardly worth playing for free, why would I consider paying for the low quality? So I can have access to other low quality games as well? I Don't think so.

There will be others who read this and remark how wrong I am, but there will be others who agree with it. I guess it depends on what aspects of the game are important to the player. I personally have no intention of buying any further expansions until the core world has been brought up to speed. I'm not a power gamer like the majority of the members of my EQ2 guild. I have watched members make a new alt and go from level 1 to 95 in as little as 7 weeks. I still run one of my very first characters and it is only level 53. My highest level character is 85. I enjoy being a part of the "World" and I spend a large amount of time exploring it, but if Sony is going to keep deleting the little things that make the biggest difference to me, then I will more than likely walk away from Ever Quest, even with 10 years invested into it. I feel I have been patient long enough. Time for Sony to reward that patience, not just mine, but many others as well.

Personally, I don't see where creating more forums will help get things more enriching. I see them as being filters as to which player format Sony will to cater to. In any case, good luck in your new post and I hope you can have an impact for those of us who want to be part of a gaming word, not just a player in a game.
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Barral New Member

Welcome and I would like to see the crafter's more useful than they are now. I would like to see small group stuff to help smaller guilds that only have 5 or 6 member to the guild
    Luperza likes this.
  4. Fayrtria New Member

It has been only in the tail end of 2013 and in 2014 that I have forced myself to peek my head OUT of the game to take time to read and even comment on forums. It is so difficult as the game calls to me the whole time I skim over all the content. I too have played solo most of my game life since almost the beginning of the game. My lvl 95 guild is tiny with many alts of those who play like I do. We would love even more solo instances so what Merriel has suggested is something I really like. But, I must say with all our quested, cryptic, broker bought (group instance items), adornments, reforging and you name it, some of those advanced solo instances are NOT in my guild's opinion solo instances and we beat our heads in frustration. Sure wish they could be tweaked slightly so we can actually do them all. Its ok if we die and die, just not ok if in the end we cant finish the advanced solo dungeon :confused::( As a guild we are unable to do group instances and do not like raiding, so would love to finish our advanced solo instances. Hope in the future this issue can be addressed. Hope this is an okay place to bring it up.
    By the way Luperza "welcome!" and I will continue to pull my head out of the game to look at your page. I too love your look. There I have written a book, sorries bout that :eek:
    Luperza likes this.
  5. Tajar Well-Known Member

You have made such an impact in a very short time Luperza!

We have many more player run Role play events coming over the course of the year on Antonia Bayle, we will keep you up to date :)
    Luperza likes this.
  6. Naramsin Well-Known Member

That is some wicked shoulder armor you have there, Luperza!
    I agree that the lag issue needs fixing first. It is absolutely not right for the game to crash when you are zoning in to your house or guild hall. sure clearing all cache folders helps, but it's only temporary and doesn't really solve the problem.

That said, I like the idea of scaling lower level zones, drops, etc. to each player's level.

I wonder if anyone has yet come up with the idea of scaling TS levels, or if it'd even be useful to character development.

Another idea would be a spell/ trinket / potion that contacts a timeless chronomage, whom let's you chrono down from a location away from any city. Let's say you see that a named is up and you haven't killed him yet, but you are level 85, and the named is level 40 and you are not in a group. No worries, just pull out the item, right click and select use, and the chronomage's dialog appears, select the level and hit okay, saving time running back to the nearest city to chrono down.
    I'll take a blind stab in the dark and say:

Luperza's Legion

Once again Welcome to your the forum, and happy hunting!

Nara
    Ellphaba and Luperza like this.
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Didn't want to quote everything, but I did want to respond to you. Your comments really don't have anything to do with what this thread is about. :p

...But I shall respond! First, thanks for the warm welcome! :D Glad your guild is excited to have me aboard! In regards to your quest, gear and merc comments, I'll send your ideas over to the Developers, but in the end, it's up to them to do what they see fit. :)

My real hair color IS purple, but that is a wig. ;)

Great ideas! Thanks Mortisrpg! :D

When I scour the internet, the forums are OBVIOUSLY included in that and actually really easy for me to find data on. ;) So don't worry, I get a lot of feedback from the EQ2 forums as a lot of our community chats here.

I will be utilizing other social networks though as they do hit a large group of people who might not know about EQ2. That being said, like I stated in my previous thread, I will always keep the forums up to date on things even if Twitter gets in the info first (for example). :)

Your other requests were not really related to what this thread is about, but thank you for the suggestions and I'll pass that along to the Development Team!
    Hi Seabreeze!

Your post was very disturbing and quite confusing to me. D:

First of all, I have heard a few people talk about lag and it's usually due to their PC setup or something Techy-related. Can you please contact our Tech Team? We'd love to figure out what is going on on your end or if it truly is something on our end that is causing your issues. Thanks!

Secondly, I'm completely confused about your rationality about All Access. All Access prices aren't changing drastically (or possibly at all) and you'll actually be paying the normal price you have now, but you'll get access to more games and more benefits. It's a win-win situation. In regards to content staying broken because of All Access, that is completely untrue. We're always working to fix content, so please keep providing me with threads, putting in bug reports and whatever else you can do to keep me informed about the issues that you are seeing, so I can make sure they get resolved or at least let you know what is going on with them.

Thirdly, I have no idea what forums you're talking about. We aren't creating more forums.

Thanks for the luck and I agree, we are part of something much bigger than just a game. ;)

Although these requests are not exactly what the blog was about, I have heard quite a few people talk about solo content and that's something I'll definitely be chatting with the Dev Team about. :)
    This makes me so happy! Glad I could help out and that more people are getting involved! Please continue to let me know where I can supply aid in these efforts. :D
    Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like my shoulder armor. :D Pretty rad stuff.

In regards to the requests, my question about content was regarding the livestream not in-game, but I'll definitely forward your ideas over to the Developers.

As far as the name, I love the idea, but I would love to keep this more of a general thing and less of a spotlight on me. This show series is NOT about me. It's about US as a community! :)
  8. Endymion Developer

Speaking of that, when do you plan on returning my wig? I have a thing I need to be at this weekend!
    Charlice, Xillean, Avahlynn and 3 others like this.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

When you hand over the plat and extra SC! :p
    Xillean and The Jones like this.
  10. Naramsin Well-Known Member

No worries, like I said, just a random shot in the dark, and at best something to build on. Thank you for hearing us out. I can't speak for others on the forum, but as for myself, it is greatly appreciated.

Nara
    Ellphaba and Luperza like this.
  11. The Jones Active Member

Totally agree.

I enjoy the adv solo things, as I have a hectic schedule and can't commit to a block of a few hours at a time. But then again, sometimes I can... so I want to feel rewarded for both my soloing and grouping, when time permits. In my opinion, ToV did a nice job of this. People will always complain, but I think there is something for everyone in this expansion.
    Charlice, Luperza and Avahlynn like this.
  12. Endymion Developer

Whatever; I look better in pink anyway.
  13. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I agree, however, IMHO it would be even better if there were Advanced Solo, Heroic, and Epic versions of every instanced zone of ToV. Just wishful thinking aloud.

The thought did occur to me thoiugh: Are we starting to drift off-topic?
  14. Luperza Community Manager

Very much so. =P

----

Let's turn this ship back around! Think LIVESTREAMS! :D
  15. voodedoo Member

Hello and welcome
    Luperza likes this.
  16. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been done already or overdone already, but perhaps a section where players get to show off the houses they have decorated, with a subsection that gives others a monthly chance to vote on which is the best for each server, and which is the best all-around.
    Luperza likes this.
  17. Fayrtria New Member

Thank you Luperza for taking time to respond to my and other players comments! Obviously I love Norrath, all the different classes and tradeskills. Decorating houses is sooo fun too and I can't get enough of questing, well not true.. hehe I hunt for shinies and harvest for rares when I need a break. There is never enough time when it comes to doing all I want to do in my virtual world of Norrath with my virtual paperdolls. There are a tremendous amount of great people to meet through out the years on the game of EQ2, I am pleased to mention. I appreciate all the goodies and content in game that the developers bring to us. The techs have ALWAYS been very quick to respond and help me out no matter the issues. I am sure you have heard this all before, sooo this is a gratitude fest I am having ;).
    and OH!! As to this part of your reply " my question about content was regarding the livestream not in-game" (Luperza, community manager) now I understand .... hope I have it now, hehe :eek: Wow!! did you have an over load of n/a input !! Sooo thanks again for responding!!!
    Luperza likes this.
  18. Luperza Community Manager

We have the Norrathian Homeshow area on the forums, but I do like the idea of having a segment on the Livestream for a best of the best housing decor contest! :) As listed, I already have a Norrathian Homeshow segment in mind, so I'll try to incorporate something like this in that segment.
    Fayrtria, Naramsin and Ellphaba like this.
  19. Naramsin Well-Known Member

A few more name ideas:

Norrath's Finest
    Legends Live
    The Uplink
    Ulteran Uplink
    Luperza likes this.
  20. Kinya Active Member

Welcome Luperza once again to EQ2 community and I really hope you will stay with us for a long time :)

I like that you are full of ideas and I hope it won't change soon.
    What I miss the most is the EQ2 videos. We used to have lots of them showcasing zones, different changes in game or even items from MarketPlace like housing, mounts, etc. We even had videos where we could see how something is created, for example Yelinak - I loved those.

I think streaming every 2nd week at the beginning would be great. This could help people to get used to this series. About the day - I think Wednesday just before Landmark stream would be great. This way not only us veterans would be able to watch it but also other people who might decide to try EQ2? :)
    I also hope that you will be able to give away codes for some unique mounts or other items available only during watching and following EQ2 stream (it might encourage more people to watch it at the beginning).

Well English is not my native language but I was thinking about Norrathian [Thursday's] Chronicles or something like this?

Few thoughts about your ideas:
    • Dev Spotlights - please, I was really surprised when I discovered there is more than 10 devs in EQ2 team :)
    • Content Spotlights -
      • Throw Back Thursdays - Checking out old content - well journey to Nagafen while fighting on the way there was epic back in the days. It would be great to show it on proper level toons :D
    • Guild Spotlights - Including all types: PvP, PvE, crafting, etc - you should add alliances as well as there is many of them (for example RRC Raiders exist since the beginning of 2005 and still raiding successfully - just saying :D)
    • Event Spotlights
    • Fansite Spotlights - also please update FanSite list :)
    • Individual Player Spotlights
    • Discussion Panels - this would be great as sometimes there is so many questions how this mechanic works, and why devs decided this mob should have this script, not to mention we all would like to participate in some way in content development like it is done in Planetside 2 (RoadMap)
    • Guild Recruitment Videos
    • General Video Submission
    • Screenshot Submissions
    • Fanart Submission
    • Guide Program - this would be great if you could also announce and take part in guides events. Not many people know about them. I think guides need some more love.
    As others mentioned already you should also add showcasing players houses/ guild halls so people can see how amazing things we can build in EQ2 (not only in Landmark :D )

I have also few questions:
    • Not only PlanetSide 2 but also Landmark now have RoadMap - any chance we can see such thing on EQ2 forums? This could help devs to see which ideas players love and which not so much.
    • When will we see double or triple SC day? :D
    • Any chance we can see more "work in progress" from EQ2. I know that revealing new zones from future x-pac won't happen until SOE Live, but maybe showing us how old content is changed to level 95?
    • We used to have major GU every 3 months and basically we knew 1-2 month earlier what we could expect to see. Now there is silence about future plans for EQ2. Well we know about 2 heritage quests coming in March (no details and showing rewards unfortunately) , but any chance we can see and talk about what developers are working on currently? What are the plans for April, May, June, etc...
    I think that's all from me (for now) :D

<hugs>
    Luperza and Naramsin like this.