Wikia Wednesday: Blog From Your Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

I like these ideas. You're going in the right direction! Here's some feedback on the names:
    • Norrath's Finest - I like this one! What does everyone else think of this name?
    • Legends Live - We should avoid this as "Legends" is too close to the DCUO show and "Live" makes me think of "Landmark Live". :)
    • The Uplink/Ulteran Uplink - Not sure if I like the "Uplink" name. For some reason, it's not as catchy.
    Keep the name ideas coming!

Wow! I love these suggestions and comments. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this Kinya!

To answer your questions:
    • I will talk to the Dev Team about whether or not they want to do a "Roadmap" esq type of thing. I know the last time I brought it up, they seemed like they would be down. I'll check back in with them about this.
    • "Work in Progress" would be really cool! I don't know if they have time to do something like that, but I will ask about this. I know I would be super stoked to help with managing this kind of broadcast.
    • Currently, we are on a weekly schedule, so no longer doing the 3month release schedule. I know they try to release information when they can, but if we move to a "Roadmap" communication style that could help. We'll see how they feel about that whole deal.
    Again, thank you all for providing feedback! Keep it coming. :)
  2. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Never played DCUO, so that never occurred to me.

I have to admit, it doe sound a bit too Science Fictiony!

When it comes to name ideas, Norrath's Finest is fine, but I actually like Kinya's name, Norrathian Chronicles better. I had a feeling you'd like her suggestions, all of which were great ideas. It's is the shot in the arm that was needed, now we just need others to post with any other ideas they may have.
    Luperza likes this.
  3. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I'm not for certain if this is where you wanted to go with the livestream series, but here goes nothing (I know, this isn't SWG, lol):

The Tradesman's Source - Where the people hook up with Tradeskillers.

Tradeskillers -
    • Can list their TS professions and other contact info.
    • Can set their status to busy, available, AFK, out of town, on covert ops, etc.
    • Can list how many job orders he/she currently is working on.

Potential customers -
    • Can submit jobs they need done,
    • Can leave their contact info.
    • Can check the status of listed tradeskillers.
    • Can submit a list of specific needs.
  4. Moneo Member

will the young lady with purple hair come to my house and help me re-install
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

Look how cute you are! Don't give the wig back is my advice, purple is most definitely your colour.

It's nice to see the face behind the name. You're a great addition to EQ2.
    Luperza and Xillean like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

I must say SOE could not have picked a better person for the job, Luperza. You are very upbeat and positive and it is very refreshing to see someone as diligent and committed to her job as you are. Your exuberance actually helps to boost the morale of so many who were beginning to lose hope that things will ever get better in the game. I know you can only pass info along to the development team and don't make any final decisions on what is to come, but it's nice to have a rep who spends so much time and effort to actually communicate with us and let us know what's going on, and convey information to the dev team for us. I appreciate you taking the time out to respond to us, the players and to let us know when you've passed our suggestions along as well. It's been a long time coming for SOE to send someone like you our way.

I'm glad to hear you will continue to post here as well as those other sites that I prefer not to mention. I am fine with it if we are not the first to hear about it, as long as we hear about things in time to actually respond, if we feel it is necessary to do so. I look forward to hearing from you again, hopefully on positive changes to the game (don't like hearing that a game I play is being shut down, like FreeRealms...makes me sad).

Btw, every time I see that picture of you and Firiona Vie, I think of the blonde in that old TV sitcom, Three's Company. Not saying she looks ditzy, because she looks quite intelligent. Just her face and her hair looks so much like Chrissy, they could probably pass for sisters, hehe. You both have very lovely smiles. :)
    Naramsin, Luperza and Feldon like this.