Why No Vet Reward Makes Sense

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Occam, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

Pretty amusing post.

Day one vet here, on multiple accounts. People have complained about what they got for vet rewards since 2005. Every single year there have been posts complaining about what the vet rewards was.

Now, vets who continue to play, will continue getting rewards, just in a different form (loyalty token). You have to really go out of your way to avoid doing the objectives on the list to not actually complete them even in a short play session. Tokens will of course be used to choose your reward from the merchant.

I know as well as anyone, they need to add more items to the loyalty merchant. Lucky for us, they know they need to add stuff as well and plan on it. As I've mentioned before, they need to get cracking on getting some new items on the loyalty merchant. I know I've mentioned several sources they should tap for good items to add. I recommend other people making suggestions as well, because the best way to get something you would actually like to see made available, is to let them know you'd like to see it.
    Zeffran, Spindle, Xakrein and 3 others like this.
  2. Occam Well-Known Member

They first stated that they'd be getting rid of vet rewards 3 years ago, and it's been mentioned many times since then. Don't blame DBG for your lack of attention. Oh, and the word you're looking for is "expend", not "expell".
    As I stated in my OP, I've been playing since EQ2 beta, so I've been around from BEFORE day 1, and I'm an AllAccess member. Your argument is invalid. Just because you feel entitled doesn't mean everyone does. You know how you got rewarded for the money you spent? You got to play the game. That's how this works, exchange of money for goods and services. Anything else is a very nice gift, but nobody is entitled to extra gifts because you've already received the benefit promised for paying for the service.
  3. Occam Well-Known Member

4. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Your message was worth posting twice.
    Juraiya and Spindle like this.
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Not really sure why this threads going the devs already have done the change it's done and dusted.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

They've changed things before, so it's always worth a good discussion. Remember how the Isle of Refuge would never come back ... and then it did?
  7. d1anaw Well-Known Member

You'd be wrong on both counts. Not only am I not FTP, I don't even like FTP. And I've been her from the beginning and back to EQ. You paid $15/month and for that you got access to the game for as many hours as you wanted. You are not entitled to anything more. There is nothing in the contract that states otherwise. I know that millennials were raised to believe they are entitled to whatever they want. Well it's time for a reality check. In the real world, no one cares if you want what you want. One of the reasons they gave up on it is because those such as yourself are never satisfied. No matter what they give you, which is not something you are entitled to, whether or not you like it, you complain about it. So why should they? I wouldn't. If someone wants to dismiss anything I tried to do, I'd say oh well then you get nothing. You are getting what they promised. They don't OWE you any more than that.
    Tohopka, Spindle and Xakrein like this.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

The 10th Anniversary Statue from Blizzard was pretty real when FedEx dropped it off.

True to human nature there were tears and complaints about it. The statue is a replica of the statue outside Blizzard HQ, but it is an Orc, a race that is a member of The Horde. Some of the Alliance players were all bent out of shape over that, and very vocal regarding their disappointment.
    Some of us have to go out of our way to complete them since Daily Objectives are disabled on the TLE servers. Not sure why, since the tokens are account wide. Veteran rewards are also disabled.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I can understand the vet rewards are disabled there, and we all knew they would be when we rolled up on stormhold (or we should have since it was listed in the FAQ).

I agree that it's pretty silly they don't have the daily objectives there though, as like you said, tokens are account wide.
    Xakrein likes this.
  10. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Only people who are sure, would be the Devs. As for the rest of us, we can only guess. Here are my thoughts.

Daily objectives did not exist when RoK was the "live" expansion. If memory serves, they were introduced in CoE, making TLE 4 expansions shy of the mark before Daily Objectives should even be considered on TLE.

Those who "only returned to play TLE" would undoubtedly complain about being unable to use the tokens they "earned", on the server they earned them.

So to me, it makes sense that on a TLE server, people cant earn tokens that were not meant to exist at the relevant point in time, that can't be redeemed on the server they play.
  11. Yannos Member

man the white knights are out in force on this thread. of course a game company should reward those with long standing accounts, its a thank you from the company to those who put up with the ups and downs of this game from the beginning. we're asking for pixels not like i want them to send me a statue in real life its ****in pixels.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

They have made plenty of profit from our subscriptions, a few pixels and a pat on the back in game goes along ways to soothing ruffled feathers, after all.
    Ashandra and Dude like this.
  13. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Opening with an ad-hom, and lacking the intestinal fortitude to put names to your accusation? After such a stellar entrance, I hope you have an intelligent contribution to make to this discussion!

If they want to, sure. But should they? No.

They are under no obligation to provide any Veteran Rewards, morally or ethically. If someones patronage is so pathetically weak that the absence of a new Veteran Reward is a make or break situation, they were someone already looking for an excuse to /ragequit.

As someone who started in 2004, I maintain that Veteran Rewards should have never consisted of anything beyond fluff, with no game impact. However, players have routinely displayed their capacity to complain if their lofty expectations are not met.

By your definition, the 12 year Veteran Reward was pixels, and falls under the category you describe, but all people did was complain. There were plenty of complaints about the 11 and 10 year as well, along with many prior, which renders your position invalid.

If someones feathers are ruffled in a way that a 13 year Veteran Reward would somehow make a difference, the existence or absence of a Veteran Reward is neither the problem nor solution.
    Tohopka likes this.