Why is ZW parse so important?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Powerade, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Why is ZW parse so important?
    It isn't!
  2. ARCHIVED-tbone7777 Guest

ZW is important because (most) anyone can parse well when the conditions are right....all your biggest parsing spells, ca's are up and/or the encounter favors your particular class. Parsing well when a lot of your good stuff is down separates the great players from the average players and will be reflected in the ZW.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

tbone7777 wrote:
    That may be true but the conditions to allow sustained parsing must also be present at all times regardless of player skill otherwise the zonewide doesn't accurately show the effectiveness of one architype over the other.
    If you build a group or a raid to support mainly scout DPS the mage will fall off the zonewide. If you build the raid to support mainly mage DPS the scouts drop off the zone wide.
    The build affects the zonewide more than any amount of player skill. And if you build the raid or group right no one's "good stuff" stays down for very long.
  4. ARCHIVED-Carthington Guest

Just give me my troub with an upbeat tempo and a templar and I'm fine....
    a 10 minute 9k parse is just one fight though, if you would've showed an entire night of a 9k zonewide parse then it means something.
  5. ARCHIVED-Clywd Guest

Carthington wrote:
    Yes, would mean you could have almost beaten the bards, but you are already a better damager than the half-afk templar...
    It makes me cry everyday seeing someone here proudly posting a 6k-parse or something, and at the same time seeing in my raidparse that that would be place 22 in the dps-list (with two people being afk)...
  6. ARCHIVED-Kleitos Guest

Hmm, raiding is alot more then 'boss' fights or there would just be 'boss' fights right?

Personally I wouldn't care if my raid could burn down the 'boss' in 9min or 5 min if each trash mob before it took 2 minutes to kill compared to 20-30 seconds each.
    In general there are alot more trash then bosses and the trash is there just to take up time and slow you down so you have to play and pay more to get where you want to go. Unless your goal is to hang around in raid instances admiring the scenery I guess.

Lets do some theoryraiding:
    30 trash mobs
    1 boss

Raid1 kills a trash in 20 seconds consistantly
    Raid2 kills a trash in 60 seconds consistantly (trash isn't important right, so 4-6 people just auto follow some others and watch TV)

Raid1 cleared all the trash in 600 seconds (10 min) + movement time
    Raid2 cleared all the trash in 1800 seconds (30 min) + movement time

Raid1 kills the boss in 5 min
    Raid2 kills the boss in 3 min (for them only bosses count so here is where they really perform)

Total time:
    Raid1 15min
    Raid2 33min

ZW Parse Raid1 > Raid2

As you can see Raid1 would be able to do the zone twice before Raid2 is finished with one zone.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gedette Guest

In my opinion a lot of people get too fixated with ACT however. Whilst I agree that it's a fantastic tool it should only be used as an indicator and in conjunction with a lot of game knowledge. For instance, we have a dirge in the group/raid who regularly comes low on zwp's but only a fool would therefore leave him out and miss out on the masses of debuff's buff's CoB etc.
    Sure, go ahead and fire it up on each raid/group but remember to factor in more than just zwp totals or you'll be leaving out the healers and the buffers, so you'll parse 200k + for like......10 seconds, wipe, start over.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kleitos Guest

The question was "why is ZW parse so important?".

It is important as many people are pointing out and different reasons why.
    There are many factors to consider when raiding, many more then the ZW parse.

In this thread the underlaying question is why ZW parse is more important then the parse from one encounter.
    It has nothing to do if your raid parses 40k, 100k or 250k ZW.