Why is this game dying?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Desper, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tupperbeast Active Member

Malleria I believe you are the best example how beautiful man can talk all beautiful where is not exactly the point. Writing the codes is not as much of a hassle as you might think it is just a kind of time question. As I said it is your attitude as you think about the game and if you find everything great I have a different attitude.

And yes, I'm a 13 year old clientele here in the game, and I've been lost to the daybreak takeover of many people within the guild as well as long good friends because they are dissatisfied.

The game does not die because of lack of money there is sufficient enough in the pockets, it simply dies out of lack of unqualified work and ideas.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Believe me, I don't find everything great. I don't like the direction several aspects of the game have taken. They're not game-breakers for me yet though so not going to quit over them.

But at the same time people who sit here and claim all code would be bug free if the devs/coders did their jobs properly are deluding themselves. There's a reason software releases go through months and years of testing and QA. And it's exactly those kinds of statements that keep lines of communication closed.
    Juraiya likes this.
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

However, most of my issues with this game currently are in the choices being made, which has nothing to do with code. It boggles my mind that someone thought many of these current ideas were 'good' ideas that players would enjoy. This expansion has created some GREAT instances, some cool features, and is still fun to play. However, the insane pre-reqs, death of alts, severely clunky ascension mechanic, crazy gear itemization (like terrible other than potency stats on the mage updates) constant need to adjust stats and effects--usually resulting in making this difficult expansion even more difficult etc. are reasons why people are disappointed in the game.

Things can go weird with code sometimes. But when things are this far removed from what the playerbase would enjoy... well that's where the biggest problems exist right now. Game needs steer back towards the concept of fun above all, rather than trying to arbitrarily maintain a status of being a 'difficult' or 'complex' or 'hardcore' mmo. There are ways to make it challenging without making it tedious.
    Feldon, Zhaanish, Ixian and 3 others like this.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

You mean like a sufficient amount of time and numbers of players to test entire new systems and mechanics in an expansion? Not a scant month locked behind a pre-order ensuring the number of testers will be far too small to adequately test, no matter how diligent they are (make no mistake, those that did test are troopers, and much appreciated). Especially given that a very large portion of the content is real-time locked longer than the actual test period, so couldn't be tested.

Part of the aggravation lies in that at least some of the current issues could have been prevented if adequate testing had been done. And because it's not the first time in a handful of months, it exacerbates the aggravation. (prestige guildhalls come to mind)

Yeah, code will be buggy, or interact with itself in unexpected ways, that's why adequate testing is necessary, and it's not being done, and hasn't been for over a year.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
  6. rutro Well-Known Member

What I see is a very small portion of the player base crying because they got out of their comfort zone. This expansion is AWESOME :) Thanks DB and devs for bringing this awesomeness to Norrath.
    Darkale likes this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware bugs, broken and/or incomplete content and mechanics, lack of testing and lack of quality were a comfort zone.

Blind cheer leading helps no one. For the game to improve, content creators have to be accountable to those that pay for the product.
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

My god you people have short term memory loss. Trolls be trollin.......
    I Think I Am Finally Sunsetting

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussion' started by rutro, Jan 8, 2017.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Some where a bean counter for dbg has the stats for subscription comming and goings he's the dude that goes to a big boss and says yeah we are losing revenue and it feeds back down the chain again this is customer feed back to a thread by players noticing what seems to be a sharp decline in players so the ppl arguing against posts here read the thread title again.:).
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I'm not quitting, but this is a huge issue to me. I've always loved my alts. I just can't keep up more than one character anymore and I'm not even a raider! Thinking about playing makes me tired right now so other than logging in once a day to harvest my rare plant, I haven't been playing except when my husband wants me to work on something with him. It's got me looking into other games again. The problem is I never can find something that offers as much as EQ2, so I hope the current direction changes because for me personally aspects of this expansion are taking the fun out of the game.
    Feldon and Tekka like this.
  11. RadarX Community Manager

This seems to have just about run it's course so we're going to go ahead and close it.
    Dude likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.