Why is this game dying?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Desper, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LisciaSF Member

We may be Necromancers, but...

[IMG]

Yup, I realize the irony of bumping the thread again. :cool:
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

The answer is ascension, lockout timers on current dungeons, and everything that is now required to make a 'solid' character. ToT I had 5 characters who could group up and perform well in heroic dungeons. KA, I have 2--but really only 1, since my healer is pretty much sitting the bench full time until this epic 2.0 is completed. At that point, I may play him again if guild groups need a healer to fill a spot. However, even then, that is time wasted from improving my main in any way, however slight, possible with the limited time I have to play.

They made the game much more difficult. They made building characters much more difficult and time consuming. They have a wonderful game for us to play, but they are also killing it. I see no end to this trend.

But one fix that could help to get more activity at least is to lower the lockout timers by a few hours. At least then people could go for a dungeon run and not worry about whether their guild might need them for that same dungeon later.
    Mizgamer62, Zhaanish and Meneltel like this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The toxicity of WoW players helped drive me away. Being yelled at because my dps was lowest (someone has to be there...) and they tried to boot me from the group until the tank pointed out I was the healer. And said if she goes, I go with her. The other dps wandered off and didn't stay with the tank and he move onto the next room earlier and I stuck with him. The boss was activated, doors shut and they were locked out. I had to keep tank and me alive while doing what dps I could to help him kill the boss. Why he ended up on my friends list and I told him goodbye when I left the game. Just ONE example of the elitist attitude of PuG players.

Saw that a few times here in EQ2 so I don't bother with PuGs, but I don't blame them at all. I use to encourage PuGs but with KA, I don't now. Having seen my guild (our A team) take 2 hours and more to do ONE heroic showed me that PuGs would have a harder time. (No, we don't take as long now, but I still mentally reserve 2 hours for a single run).
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Short answer : Resolve , Tilthe, Ascension , No alts, limited content , buggy/broken mechanics, Poor customer relations.
    Conifur and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Tupperbeast Active Member

Many reasons were already mentioned why the game goes to death. It is the first line of Daybreak itself why it will happen the lack of entertainment with the players adds the end.

For example, Kunark Ascending would be a good addon because there are not the long timers on zones partially long drawn boss fights in T1 zones. In addition, the content is simply too small, the question should be asked what Daybreka has hired with all the money they take. Only the workers alone are not paid for this should be clear to the ideas influence of some Devs leaves a lot to be desired.

Man sees many failures in the Mechanic as still a lot of bugs which despite repeated requests to date are not fixed.

As we come to the Epic 2.0 case, the next Epic Fail because more or less Daybreak does, it can not be that with an Epic 2.0 an old content of lvl 1-60 or lvl 80 or six seven years ago lies for some still Once plays a role in an epic. Since you could have expected more since you would have to ask the nice oh so lustless Devs times times you actually change what you want or just want to cash the money and because people simply because play fun in their spare time.

Just like some fights from the Epic series it can not be that an X2 for a priest update is needed or even raid zones for any updates, Raid updates should only be questioned when it comes to the Mystical update.

So also the other point with hints or tips which partly does not make sense since you have to ask yourself what some devs have been there or have ever made a head over their Epic Storie.

Take as the best example here for the Fighter Epic 2.0 the Kander has written more or less many hints have so far zero sense in this Epic so we played several weeks of bingo in different zones, to its statement came only that we would be too stupid Just read the Texts.

Since you have to ask yourself as a player questions where the mind of that person is or why he must then also flames over forums with such attitudes of some devs one must doubt their minds much less mind whether this person is there at all bearable.

But best of all are still great statements we have tested everything on the live server and no errors could be discovered. Just funny that we all on live servers more or less play and we had in our quest series depending on the class error. This should not happen to a good team and if it should then be shipped within a short time and not a fixed day in 2-3 days.

This is the question of Daybreak what do you think we should look for, or will there be. What he is trying to do Russian entrepreneurs really wants to take only the customers or wants and he would like to satisfy them with everything an MMO can provide.

At the moment you would say it so you must try to milk the players out to the last. And that can not be the case with your change from Sony to Daybreak many mistakes were made also the service was strongly neglected. It also frightens many customers.

Especially here and also in the area of the game how are new players to find a place, for new entrants nothing is offered no help. I look at the situation 2-3 years more so the more and more accounts are canceled or players simply stop. I see the development on Thurgadin because less and less LFG players to be found are no that has nothing to do with the Epic 2.0 alone, it is quite simply the game itself.

And now would be synonymous times gladly wish some Devs or responsible would take here in the forum painting position and how man so beautiful says eggs in the trousers show and before the Gamer folk times talk and answer.
  6. Castles Active Member

what? are we getting poetic about our gaming? or is this RP?
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with: Something was lost in translation between native and English. I will be trying to puzzle out 'eggs in the trousers show' for the rest of the day. :D
    Feldon, Mensa, Conifur and 2 others like this.
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

TMI, Tekka!
  9. Skpamd Active Member

I believe the game is dying for lots of reasons, that go way back. The long down times is the first reason. Why is it taking 2 hours to do a small update, that most of the time breaks things? Resolve, infusers, ascension are all things that make no sense. The constant changing of stats and what you need and don't need and most of them make no sense. I like many others don't have the time or energy to sit here for hours and hours frustrated trying to figure out what is needed and what isn't. This is a game, it should be fun, not feel like a bloody job. Why does gearing have to be so complicated? The amount of adornments that could be grouped together instead of have 30 different ones. They added Ascension without even considering the hot bars. They keep making these dungeons for 6 man groups when it is hard to get a group as it is unless your doing a PQ. The expansions are getting more and more expensive and they zones are getting smaller and smaller, the dungeons they add are all claustrophobic. Poor customer service. You can't even get a hold of anyone by phone. The endless old quest that they don't update to match the games population. There are so many quest and HQ's that can't be done by yourself but no one does the old quest or raid zones so those quest are not able to be finished. Red shinnies that you can only have one of and even if you list it on the broker the game still considers you still have it. So it forces the constant back and forth trips to the guild hall to drop them off in the box. The lore shinnies that are no trade are just stupid. The constant heirloom gear drops that are going for ridiculous prices on auction. I don't understand why instead of opening a new server why they just didn't remove the restrictions from the regular servers allowing gear to be sold on the broker which would stabilize the market. I could go on and on, not everyone will agree with me, this is just my opinion.
  10. Ratala Active Member

The game may not be dying for everyone but it is for me. I used to love it and could find a million things to do on my main and alts. Now, I am logged out more than ever.

My husband and I get on in the morning and I log in both of my accounts and pick the rare flower in my house. Log out second account. Run my main character to Obulus and get the public quest and check on getting my Ascension scroll. Then I try to get the public quest done in OF, Fens and JW. So far so good. Then someone says fens 2 or JW2 is up. This is what soon has me logging. There are no 2's on the bell. When there is a public quest up why isn't that zone on the bell?

Faction grind for my necro. I even think of going to paineel and I go brain dead. I can't even force myself, yes, FORCE myself to go do it. All of a sudden housework, laundry or watching a movie, anything, sounds better and I log off.

Think of playing an alt? Not knowing what is facing me at level 100. I don't even have crafting to fall back on because all my girls are 100 crafters when they hit level 10 so they can fly.

For all of you that are enjoying the new expansion, I'm happy for you. My husband and I just aren't one of you this time.
    Feldon, Zhaanish, Poisonhawk and 4 others like this.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

This issue is most likely intentional - since Fens and JW habitually crash when there are more than 40 people in it.
    Rather than fixing the zone crash issues, removing jw2 / etc from the bell prevents a zerg rush of players to that zone thereby crashing it. If you watch carefully, you'll see that those zones will spin up a new instance pretty fast - I'd estimate it would only take 25-30 people to spawn a new instance...

Occasionally, you can get to JW2 from a city bell.... I've yet to see a Fens2 though.. /shrug
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

Not to diminish or devalue anyone's feedback here....but people have been claiming this game is dying since the day it launched yet here we are still alive and kicking. Some things have things changed for the better and some for the worse...yet the game still goes on and players still log in. We never had the population of WoW and never will (I hate that we are always compared to THAT game)....but we still have a solid group of players/community willing to shell out money and time on this game...and developers trying to make us happy....we whine the game is too hard to they make things easier...then we whine it is too easy so they make it harder....what are the devs supposed to do? It's got to be extremely frustrating for them to seldom get any positive feedback...even when they get things right so many people still focus on the negative. You can please some people all the time, you can please all the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all the time.
    Juraiya and Azian like this.
  13. Nixer Active Member

It looks like a case of 'the sky is falling' to me. And where many folks are good with letting someone else tell them what they are experiencing; similar to media feeding frenzies. I see folks playing everyday and enjoying what activities they find to do and I'm among that crowd.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Billyrayy Active Member

I would say that it this point it is. I am not even sure DBG can right this sinking ship. Anyone playing can see a very drastic lose in the overall playerbase recently.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's nothing as nefarious as what you suggest, it's just how their load balancing works. There is always a preference to have only one instance of a zone, but the game understands when a zone reaches a certain population it isn't designed to support it spins up a new instance and funnels new zone-ins to that one (JW2). What happens with PQs is once the JW1 is finished everyone leaves the zone and tries to get into JW2. So the game looks at JW1, sees there's almost no one in it anymore, and starts sending people back there because the preference is always to have JW over JW2/3/4/5/etc.

What they really ought to do is put one of those portals in JW, Fens and Obulus that let you teleport between instances of the zone.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

You are exactly right. To make matters worse there are people who go out of their way to sabotage ideas or concerns of others simply because they don't care about the state of the game or its progression. Lots of people going "well thanks for nothing I am leaving" and then you see their name months later slapping a new coat of paint onto their agenda. Devs won't ever know what to do following the ridiculousness that goes on in here. The concerns are now more about what benefits me more than the game. Good luck reviving anything with that attitude.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

Yes, claims have been made of EQ2's demise from very early in the game. And yes Sony kept SoE, and thus EQ2, going for years, before an offer came in they could accept and they sold off that division.

The major differences between previous claims and now is that they're no longer owned by Sony, and no/low profit games are being cancelled or closed. We're up to four.

The zones are empty, or nearly so, unless there is a PQ up. There's less chatter. A LOT of folks struggle to get into/get a group together. I've heard very few people that are genuinely enthusiastic about the game/expansion at this point and much more - well this is what we have, I'll do it because I have no choice if I want to keep playing. (many make the choice to not play rather than force themselves through content)

Gamers have always been a fickle and contrary bunch, long before MMOs or the internet. Is it frustrating? Probably, but nothing that anyone in the industry shouldn't be prepared for. The difference is in how it's handled.

Woeful claims and flailing don't help anyone, but neither does pretending that nothing is wrong, everything's fine, carry on smartly.
    Poisonhawk and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Ashandra Well-Known Member

For me I was more talking about why the sudden spike in people leaving there's always been end of the game threads.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Tupperbeast Active Member

I almost had to laugh at your statements here, why should we pay for people when they fix bugs. It would not be necessary what to fix if these people would make their work right or work together with players because there would be many bugs error not in the game.

And the question is why pay a customer service, EQ2 has been the takeover of Daybreaks hardly any support let alone if times times answers in up to three months gets. I know many people who have just this problem and are very dissatisfied.

And with the server merging it costs not more but less than before Problem here was however that they the old data speaks for garbage with have taken over instead of rather 2-3 days a day completely switch off everything nice again and also the servers simply times faster too do. We have now times the age of Win10 and Directx 12 does not like EQ2 still with Directx 9 works.

So as you see many comments or suggestions show it yes to what is not true, clearly can not do everything badly the game holds itself 13 years is still quite good but it simply loses the interest in people. For newcomers or old recurring players, it is difficult to find a place here and even get a game fun.

For us old players like it all as normal as the life, but straight to the view of the situation that the server constancy should have become so much lower down should be careful and finger tip feeling show how to deal with such a company and just what The customer wants and how the people react to it.
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

Obviously never written code before.
    Griffon Lady, Juraiya and harvash like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.