Why Is Inquisitor The Best Solo Class?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Exotwo, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Exotwo Member

Soooo... I was told that Inquisitor was the best soloing class, but why? I mean, they can wear plate and all that, but they really don't do enough damage. When I checked their AAs they have no advantage to DPS. So why is Inquisitor the best solo class?
    Input is appreciated!
  2. Treiko Active Member

If you are referring to lvling, all classes can solo just fine. I don't play an inquis at high lvl, but my wife does. The buffs they get at max lvl are much stronger, and lead to much higher damage output, thus, they solo faster. Inquis has always been a decent soloing class IMO, but the buffs they bring to a group are most welcome, so I would reason that is the logic behind the sentiment.
    Exotwo likes this.
  3. Exotwo Member

yes, but how does that help soloing?
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Inqs definitely aren't the best "solo" class, which in current content is kinda a pointless distinction because every class can do solo content basically afk. The "best" solo class would be, as always, a necromancer or shadowknight.
    Exotwo likes this.
  5. Exotwo Member

wait, so they really aren't the best solo class?
    Triad and Nazy like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No healer is the best solo class. It really depends on your definition... if you want fast, easy soloing, then play a pet class, Conjuror, Necromancer, Beastlord. With any mage class including summoners, you have to have a sense of humor about dying, since you're wearing basically kleenex for armor.

The scouts in general solo well. I don't like positional attacks, so they're not my personal cupo of tea, but lots of people love them, especially Assassins and Swashbucklers.

Tanks and healers are all lower DPS, for the most part, and so they solo slower.

If you really want to play a healer, I'd suggest a Channeler, Warden, or Fury, I guess. Plate healers are needed in raids, but they are sloooow to solo. Mystics and defilers are also needed in raids, and they solo faster than plate healers, but still not fast, and when you are in group you have to fight with damage bleedthrough ignoring your wards.
    Breanna and Exotwo like this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

All classes are solo friendly. How well you play the toon will determine if it's the best or not.
    Plus a well played Inq can do plenty of damage, for a healer.
    Exotwo, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Exotwo Member

wait so i should play a DpS class?
    Triad and Breanna like this.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Play whatever you want.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Play the class you have the most fun playing. You can play a toon to level 20 in an afternoon, so try a couple and see how you like them.
    Exotwo and Breanna like this.
  11. Nazy Well-Known Member

Yes. More DPS = Mob dead.
    Dead mob can't hurt you, therefore, DPS is better.
    (Isn't that what your Warlock is for?)

Inq has bad DPS. Fury is better for soloing healer-wise. Plus Inq has slow casting and Fury is nice and fast. Personally I prefer Warden because of Dawnstrike and melee.

But Mercs can power level you so choose any class! Some classes are faster at soloing so they are considered "better".
    Triad and Exotwo like this.
  12. Exotwo Member

Dawn strike looks like your are dancing...
    Nazy likes this.
  13. Exotwo Member

1. Having DPS doesn't matter if you're dead. being invincible but doing no damage is an nusense.
    2. Inqisitor does have bad DPS.
    3 I don't have any Xpacs so mercs are out of question
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

What is your goal for playing the game? There really isn't a "best" class for soloing, but there are some pretty bad ones out there. Either way, without any expansions, you're going to cap out at level 100 and the Altar of Malice expansion. Anything beyond that will require you to purchase the most recent expansion.
    Exotwo and Breanna like this.
  15. Nazy Well-Known Member

Don't you play Shadowknight?

"Solo" means "slow crawl to 50 unless you're me and delete charactera after 20 levels" and then "hopefully get to 85 before I quit" and then "YAY I hit 100... Let's spend money to get to 120!". Oh and "Nowp I'm 120... RAIDS!!".
    Or you be me: "ooh Illy sounds cool... Let's play that!" *Deletes when hits 20*

You can solo any class. But some classes have harder times and every class plays differently.
    Triad and Exotwo like this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

If you only want to solo...Necro, Conj are good choices. I haven't needed or used a merc yet on my lvl 40 Necro. SK's are fun to solo as well. There really is no "BEST" class....but there are plenty of opinions.

You are going to have to figure out what "you" want to play.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Inquis is one of the best solo classes now because properly geared, they just do insane autoattack damage and can heal/cure themselves to get around heroic mechanics that require that.
    Exotwo likes this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

At max level, in good gear. Not for getting there, however.
    Breanna, Exotwo and Raff like this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Indeed...good at end game, but slow leveler. And if you are not subbed and do not have control of your AA slider, its even worse.
  20. Exotwo Member

hmm... so Inquisitor is the best healer solo class. but they take long to solo? why?