Why Imbue .....

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-tooslow, Nov 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

Found some interesting links and posts to weapon related matters (mostly T6 sorry)

Archterra's T6 Weapon Stats Info:
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a8&message.id=4090

Crafted Weapons Screenshot Thread (weapons of all tiers):
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/...message.id=2024&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

T6 Rare Weapons (also has T4 & T5)
    http://www.eversor.com/public/ws/t6r.html

Note: on that last link, you can see the stats for ANY imbue DW, 1H and 2H (at the bottom of the table)
  2. ARCHIVED-brandi7920 Guest

Ok - I'm gonna beat this into the ground cause I'm kinda dense this am. 97% of my fighting is done with my bow (imbued ironwood). I have a dual wield prismatic and an imbued ebon sai. I am planning on upgrading the ebon sai to a cobalt weap (haven't decided which kind yet) but was thinking that I would skip the imbue and keep the nice stats. The reason I was thinking to skip the imbue is because I hardly ever actually use the melee weaps - which means no proc right? So they are pretty much just sitting pretty in my weap slots giving nice stats and a nice buff on the prismatic. Am I wrong? Will the weaps still proc even when nearly all of my fighting is done ranged? (yes, I so still move in with the cheap shot/longshank/direblade combo when my ranged are resetting)
    I think I'm officially way off topic and I know I've seen posts on this before..but is it worth imbueing and sacrificing the stats, when they won't proc that often?
    What do you guys think?
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Any weapon proc is -supposed- to only proc when that weapon hits. There was even a patch at one point that was specifically intended to address the BUG that allows the PGT to proc with a bow hit. If you are relying on the proc from one weapon to go off with another's hit, don't get too snug in that, they might actually get the proc code to work as designed when they realise that either the original fix got negated or that it didn't fully work. They have corrected (fixed or nerfed as perceptions go) most of the stacking issues with other stuff, so I am sure this will be addressed... again.

Yes, two imbued dual wield weapons will not proc more than an imbued 2-hander (because of normalisations and balance), but a single imbued dual wield weapon -should- proc less than two dual wield. It's not just a chance to proc on that weapon but chance to proc within a certain amount of time which is why their code (limiting it to only when -that- weapon hits) is a little.. umm.. screwy.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

<hugs his PGT>

MINE !!! Don't let the bad men from SOE take it away .... :smileysad:
  5. ARCHIVED-King Leoric Guest

Well, for now. any proc will go off on any given attack. Meaning the proc from my imbued dual wield will go off when I hit somethign with my prismatic or storyteller sabre, as the proc from the prismatic, storyteller and shield of striking will all go off using a bow. So at this point in time, I would imbue just one piercer and one slasher than have anohter piercer and another slasher not imbued. as you may as well get max benefit ftom stats. and lets hope that someday they will not make stats drop a bunch when stuff is imbued. Some people will say it's not really "losing" stats as were replacing the stats with a dmg proc. If that was true than ya shouldn't need an extract to imbue you should just get the option upon creation of your wep. But thats somethign completey off topic so i'll stop there :0)

Leoric
    Level 60 ranger
  6. ARCHIVED-GrayStorm Guest

Why imbue? Because like one poster said, what if they "fix" it. Regardless of what anyone here may think, or what they read somewhere, you can never be 100% sure of anything in this game. The only thing I know for sure is that things will not stay the same. They should have called this game Evertweaked.
    Unless you're strapped for coin, this shouldn't be an issue. I harvested all of my cobalt, vanadium and pearl, and found so many lambents stones along the way, that I always seem to have one any time I'm getting an imbueable item made. So what the h3ll right?
    I'm currently carrying 2 imbued cobalt leafblades, an imbued ironwood longbow, and now that I'm raiding every day, 2 imbued cresent axes.
    All I can say is be sure you can trust your weaponsmith. I went back to the guy who made my piercers and asked for the best slasher. He gave me an imbued sabre. I was too stupid (or trusting) to check it out and I actually attuned the thing before I realized it was a freekin piercer. BAh!!! I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, so I won't mention his name. We all make mistakes.
    I thought they fixed the pgt proc'ing from the bow, but if that still works, I'll have to toss that in my bag too.
    cheers!
  7. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Again, you are not "sacrificing" stats. For some reason imbuing currently just spreads nearly the same amount of stat "points" across more attributes - STR, AGI, and STA, instead of just STR and AGI. I know STA isn't as important to most of us as STR and AGI, but I want to correct the misconception that the stats are "worse" on T6 imbued DW weapons - they're just different, not less.
    To answer your question more directly: if you rarely use your melee weapons and you keep your focus strictly on STR and AGI, I wouldn't imbue. If you want to be prepared for a wider variety of situations and don't mind allocating some of those AGI or STR points to boost your STA , I'd imbue. Personally, I use two cobalt imbued DWs at the moment. :p
  8. ARCHIVED-Sulas Guest

It's kind of splitting hairs, but to expand on what Dasanhgul said:

An attuned weapon *can* be Imbued, but you will have to be the one to do it. So, if you're not a weaponsmith, you won't be able to hand it off to get it imbued. I'm a woodworker, so I have Attuned a bow, then later Imbued it for myself. Interestingly, the act of imbuing it also de-attuned it. I put that to use once too.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Quest-rewarded items can proc off of any attack...themselves...bow...other weapon(including player-crafted)..doesn't matter. Player-crafted items will only proc off of themselves. If they proc off of another weapon of any kind, it is a bug. And past tests have shown that using two imbued weapons does not significantly increase the % chance to proc. Notice I said 'significantly'.

To clarify, the stats on all t6 imbued dual-wield weapons is +10 Sta, +9 Agi, +9 Str. Non-imbued is +14 Str, +14 Agi. (+34 HP, +34 Pow on both versions btw)
    Sorry guys...wasn't thinking straight when I posted this. The +14, +14 numbers are for the imbued ironwood bow. T6 non-imbued stats vary greatly for dual-wield weapons.

So the question is a simple one. Do you prefer the small additional chance to proc, or the better str/agi stats on non-imbued? The reason I say have one imbued and one non-imbued of each is because it seems more of a good balance between the two.

However, a previous poster is correct when he said that this could change. Weaponsmiths, and most scout-types alike are not happy that the stats on these items change so drastically when they becomes imbued. Will SOE listen to it's customers? Who knows...

Edit: Corrected major error...
    Message Edited by Zholain on 11-03-2005 08:53 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-brandi7920 Guest

You guys have really given me a ton to think about as I shop for my next shiny new weapon. You are right that it's not really 'sacrificing' stats when you imbue (although I say that cause I'm greedy about my agi and str - hehe). Hmmm...I'll probably go with an un-imbued cobalt weapon so that I can keep the high str and agi and pair that with my prismatic (since I'm not giving that shiny up!). Gah - but then there is the chance of a proc for extra damage...decisions decisions.
    Alrighty - resident Gemini - gonna go attempt to make a decision. :smileytongue:
  11. ARCHIVED-Star Guest

I believe the TS Dev has mentioned giving the weapons and the stats they give when imbued another pass and giving them more diversity. I took the Cobalt I had saved and turned them into armor because I don't want to have something made now and be unhappy with the changes later.
  12. ARCHIVED-Boramyr Guest

I've said it once in another thread but I'll mention it again. We all agree two of the same proc doesn't stack. Now have a NON pristine weapon (IE Cobalt Leafblade instead of Pristine Cobalt Leafblade) made then have that imbued. The weapon has the exact same Damage Factor, maybe 1 or 2 points less stats and a PALEY gleaming strike that hits for about 10% less damage than Gleaming strike, and is in fact a different proc thus stacks.
  13. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

tested it and confirmed! proc % of both weapons are noted seperately and both proc around 5% sometimes a lil more sometimes a lil less! but it works!
  14. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

I looked in my log for over a week and confirm that the imbue procs do not proc for a DW non-imbued weapon.
    I have a normal short sword and an imbued dagger and the proc only happens after I did piercing damage. So my short sword never caused a proc.
    Will pick up a imbued short sword and run some more tests.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

This is one of the examples of me being a lazy ranger. The discussion is very informative, but in the end having one imbued and one unimbued of each (slasher and piercer) falls into the "more trouble than it's worth" category. Maybe once I'm 60 and have more plat than I know what to do with, I'll fine-tune to this degree, but I just don't have the resources to buy multiple pairs of cobalt DW weapons. :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Yea expense can hit you hard. I'm currently working with FeyIron. Any feysteel I find, has gone to armor.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Whoah, that old guardian instinct still kicking in? ;) We're DPS all the way, put those rares in your hands for maximum slicing and dicing! Armor is for the weak!

Hehe... kidding mostly, that's just my priority list - weapons first, armor second. Different strokes, etc.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

Right now as a high level ranger (55+) the best off hand weapon is the still the PGT.
    I have 2 cobalts imbued weapons but honestly the only time you should get in melee range is to use detaunts, snipe and direblade, the rest is all bow skills and pgt will keep your power healthy even in very long fight and the str procs more than compensate for the lower stats compared to cobalt...
  19. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Well old habits die hard.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

you high level guys only seem to use bows - I bow then get in a dice them. Am I doing something wrong.

Slightly off topic there. I just made a pristine imbued hex doll which has +9AGI. Are you saying that if I made it non-imbued I'd get better than +9 ?