Why Eq2players is not updating my character?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

It says last time played 18th jan, but i've been playing all days, my character is level 36 atm, and there it still shows him at 28. Thought they took 1 day to update character status but it's more than a week. I would like to keep track of my character development in my server, is something bugged with eq2players?
  2. ARCHIVED-Loolee Guest

Alis_Landale wrote:
    yes
  3. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

I bought Eq2players add-on to have real-time update, but so far nothing changed, are they aware of this problem? I have sent an email but I got a fail delivery. I would like to know if anyone is having the same problem.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

Character and Server name?
  5. ARCHIVED-Jiwi Guest

My profile has not updated in over 2 weeks! The profile shows me L68, but I dinged L70 a couple of days ago.
    Character name: Slowdethh
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Thanks,
    Slowdethh
    AP/AB
  6. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

Character: Alucardr
    Server: Antonia Bayle
  7. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

The characters should be up to date, Let me know if you see any more issues with that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Archellion Guest

I'm having an issue with my guild. See the screenshot.

[IMG]

My level, my items and whatnot all seem to be up to date, but the guild section is obviously borked, and my signature seems to not work.

PS
    My Character's name is Khaltos (also Carleydo)
  9. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

What is your guild name?
  10. ARCHIVED-Jiwi Guest

Thanks Gninja! My character is only one day off now! Much better.
    I'll repost if it happens again.

Slowdethh
    AP/AB
  11. ARCHIVED-Archellion Guest

Gninja_Gnome wrote:
    Symphony of Blades
  12. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

One of the main reasons I just canceled this service, combined with that 3rd party sites don't give me unauthorized errors when trying to look up my spells or gear.

Hope you guys mention fixing it in the patch notes so I know to look into getting it back if its actually stable
  13. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

Mine was updated till yesterday. Hoping its always 1 day top for an update. Thank you for fixing it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Archellion Guest

Gninja_Gnome wrote:
    Thanks for fixing that; my guild now shows up properly.

However, I noticed another thread in this same forum wherein people are having trouble creating a guild website on the EQ2Players site, and there hasn't been any sort of response to that one. I'm having the exact same issue.

I did notice, when I purchased the bundle of all 5 Station Players services, I was only charged about a buck-fifty. Presumably, the discount was due to the fact that not all of the services are functional, yet there wasn't any explanation for it. Also, I have noticed on existing EQ2Players guild sites, a lot of errors in scripting. Presumably, the troubles with EQ2Players guild sites run wide and deep? Perhaps this was the reason for the discount on the bundle purchase?

I'm sure we'd all appreciate some information from "someone in the know" on the matter, especially, if possible, something resembling an explanation as to the nature of the trouble (not necessarily an estimate on when it will be resolved, as we all know the answer is, "Soon!" )
  15. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

Its outdated again, I don't understand, don't they have a save method for every 5 min or something like that? how can players info be outdated and have to be manually changed? eq2 players is outdated again on my character, is this service like this in AB since the server started?
  16. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Alis_Landale wrote:
    No, those issues mostly started with the RoK release. Before that such issues did occur but were fairly rare, while they seem to have been quite widespread since RoK.
  17. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

Well thats good news, they might be working on it since it started after RoK, keepin track of your character progress and comaring to your server/class is really a great addition to a MMORPG.
  18. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

lol. Oh, they are definitely working on it. Like Lantis already said, there were some issues before, but they were rare compared to the flood of updating problems since RoK. Ideally, the site updates your character once every 24 hours.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zhaal Guest

As a guild leader I find eq2players a good tool to check on any potential recruits, but not any longer.. i've had level 20 toons ding in, and they don't show on eq2players at all.
    I personally have two characters (on two accounts) created 2-3 weeks ago, that are level 20ish, and they don't show up on eq2players at all, even in my character list when i log in.. makes logging in on the webchat as them a might difficult too, since it insists they are not part of the guild.. several other guild members have encountered the same issues.
    What i would like is some feedback from the website devs on the status of this issue, and what measures they are taking and a time scale for the fix? In the past it used to update far more often than it does now, we used to be able to search on level 1-2 characters that had been created and they used to show up.
    Ok, one more request, can you get the online guild roster working correctly, it still shows people who left the game and we've removed from the guild, and can we please have our pre-RoK fields back in the xml download?
  20. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

For the xml fields, you aren't the only one trying to get those back. Just about everyone here is upset that they removed fields and is hoping they return. There have been a couple threads and a large number of requests. We can only hope they come to their senses on this one.

As for your characters not showing up, make sure to post their name/level/server here or shoot it as a pm to gninja_gnome.

The guild roster showing people who have left the game is an issue we have had for a long time. The roster is set to update when a character logs into the game. As you can see, this poses a problem if you kick or demote someone and they never log back in. It was said a while ago they were looking into a fix, but that it would be a long term thing (don't quote me on that).

The possible cause behind the new recruits not showing up on a search may be that they are labeled as anonymous. An anonymous character will not show up in a search, the leaderboards, or even on your guild roster. I have had this problem as well. I really do agree in the usefulness of the site for a GL. But only if you can see those players on the site. The anonymity function where players aren't even showing up on searches and being unable to look up ANYTHING about them has severely hampered the usefulness of this website. Most of the time, people only need to hide when they are doing something shady. The exception would be pvp, but if the gear page and all other vital statistics were on separate pages, they could have made both parties fairly happy. As it is, pvp'ers are somewhat happy, except those of them like us, who are trying to help head up a guild. The majority of everyone else that USES the website is NOT happy. They are infuriating the majority of the people who use and pay for this site.

I can understand wanting to hide your character info as a matter of privacy, but this is an MMO. What guild you are in, what your bio says, when you made your character, how much status you have in your guild, playtime. . . all these things help officers to learn what type of player you may be inviting into your guild. From a recruiting standpoint the website is possibly invalidated as a useful tool.