Why are people crying NECRO NERF???

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-ShadowDragon32, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

100%crit rate has been fixed. As for parses, are you counting all the buffs on you when you see the numbers?
  2. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

all buffs are counted, usually the grp is Troub/dirge (Depending), Conjuror, illusionist, Necromancer,wizzard and a warlock/healer type, i NEVER get procs put on me unless they are grp ones in which case everyone shares the love, like i said before, comes down to how u wana play your toon
  3. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

Okay was all set to post facts in support of why a necro may outdamage another mage/scout class until I got to reading this far into the thread...

Sexist comments like this aren't going to help the discussion at all, they just ruin your credibility. Because I'm a woman I'm a poor player? Sure, THAT must be the reason I am always a tad bit behind the sorcerors/rangers in my groups! Couldn't be because I don't raid.../boggle

Game skill isn't based on GENETICS, it's based on the ability to learn from mistakes, the ability to apply observations, and the willingness to throw yourself into a situation and figure it out instead of whine. I know women who are better at their classes than the men around them, and I know men who absolutely SUCK at what they play. The opposite is also true. It's not their sex, it's their willingness to step outside the box and apply what they learn to what they do.

The ONLY thing a woman is pregenetically inclined to do is give birth. Then again, the only thing a MAN is genetically inclined to do is make babies... all else is an open field, to be determined by the ability to work with the situation you're in.

Stop using sex as an excuse for why someone is a good/bad player. It smacks of whine excuses as badly as the rest of the arguments against necros.

** edit to add something pertinent to the 'real' discussion at hand --- I do believe attention to the sorceror's deaggro spells would go a long way in fixing the problem of their dps ability in most fights...

~Yira
    Message Edited by Yirabeth on 03-27-200609:16 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Reading comprehension failure on my part. Didn't see you say it was on raids.I assume you are using your scout pet though when you parse like that?Also, how substantial is your lead?
  5. ARCHIVED-bezerker_01 Guest

"To put it in perspective a bit.... how many summoners would be mad if bards or healers out damaged them? OR if wizzies got a supperior pet than necros? "nerfing" summoner dps is about balancing dps vs utility."

Great statement, here is the problem necro's have very little utility in eq2 and wizard/warlock types have good utility. I am not so sure wizards/warlocks deserve to be magically put at the top fo the dps pile just because.

IE sure pet is great but hey when you can root a mob and nuke it dead who needs a pet? There are plenty of variations that was just an example, but how good of dps is a necro doing compared to a wizard on a mob with alot of ae attacks? where is the necro utility? there is almsot none. Fear worthless, stun worthless etc..
  6. ARCHIVED-Ruwin Guest

Lukundo wrote:
    In fact, I am so UBER that at level 70 I can solo the Halls of Fate with little to no problem, and if I group I do 210 to 250% more damage than all of the other people in my group combined. In raids, I sometimes tank the Epic x4 with my pet while the other people who come to the raid sit back and relax while I burn it down with my overpowered DoTs and my dumbfire pets. As if that wasn't enough, when all heck breaks loose and I am the only one left alive I rez and full heal everyone. I really hope they beat the crap out of my class with the nerf bat because this is really getting too easy.

OMG this was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

The pet is our utility, for the most part, which is what you're not seeing. It gives us a lot of solo power as well as other things - like off-tanking adds until the tank can get ahold of them or such.

If you want T1 DPS, you should NOT be playing a Summoner. We're not supposed to be there, and we won't be for long.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

mainly use my Mage pet only on multi'encounter mobs, but on single i bring out the scout pet......i like switching between.....and about the DPS vs Utility, dont know why people complain....a grp is 6 people joined together to kill stuff, a raid is 12-24 people to kill harder stuff, WHY ARE WE FIGHTING?:smileytongue:
  9. ARCHIVED-Luna Ithil Guest

10. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

WIzard power xfer is on par with hearts. Only difference is the annoyance of 'twitching' in the first place and I'm sorry for anyone that has to do it that way. As for the Poison/Disease buff, you get an equivalent, every mage does. The major utility differences betweeen necro's and sorc's are the pet speed bump(though the scout can survive a few rounds in a group), FD and rez.Who has more utility is all a matter of what you see utility as. I personally think every other mage class has more utility and laid out that view in a post around LU13, but then I see damage shields and procs as utility, as well as AoE stuns and stifles.For those arguing about raid utility, we are almost the same. Minus rez, nothing we have stands out that doesn't have a sorc equivalent.
    The major problem I see is for Sorc's is game mechanics. We gain far more benefits from group buffs than they do since our pets are affeected as well. Mages have no use for haste and melee procs/dps increasers but we, when using the scout, take full advantage of those buffs and the mage pet can double up any group casting procs. It's not our DPS but the absolute damage parse is all that's important on a raid. If we have more survivablity, easier aggro management and do more absolute damage, why have sorc's? I don't disagree with their complaints, I just think the problem is more in their design than ours.I don't raid and just about every group I've been in T1 classes parse above me as long as it's not a marathon kill. Sorc's have posted a whole range of suggestions that don't involve us and I hope some of those get chosen over a major hit to us.
    Message Edited by Deson on 03-28-200605:07 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Necros aren't nerfed, and don't need to be nerfed. Sorceror's need a class overhaul from SOE, we all (mages) have great utility, but some of it can't be used on EPICs...oh well..boo hoo...move along. To properly balance utility, they'd have to make stuns/stifles/mezzes work on EPICs, but then the melee folks would cry nerf/ balance, in the world of MMO's there will be no balance because there is always some shmuck out there incapable of playing their own class properly... and upon seeing another class whom they thought beneath them outperform them, they will whine to their other pathetic friends and then get the nerfing bandwagon going. And since a company like SOE has more of these types of players (nowadays anyway) they will largely give them what they want to keep the cash flow coming. Oh and I also play a troubador/brigand/shadowknight and you would never hear me crying because a mage stunned/mezzed/stifled a mob so I could beat on it without it hurting me...don't know about you, but I like my health in the green :smileyindifferent: and the more crowd control available, the better.

I myself will keep playing my necromancer because it's a class I really love playing, no matter the "nerf" or "balance" they throw our way I will simply find a new way to make up for it.

And if hearts are so useless why is it I get a million tells for the different kinds we give out?
    Message Edited by Jasuo on 03-28-200610:26 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

The comment was in the context of wizards saying their power transfer sucks because it gives a small amount. They said it was useless, so in that context, I think you can follow where the comment came from.
    And I am not sure how many hearts you have, but I only have one spell per tier that is worth using.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

I always give out both the Ruinous and Sacrificial hearts to all the healers/ MT & MA and a Ruinous to everyone else who wants one before raids start, that way its easier to refresh them without everyone screaming for a heart at once. And in group situations where we are chain pulling or trying to clear a "dungeon" to beat our time record everyone gets both...even myself...in case I die and need to rejuice. And what if by chance you die on a riad and everyone has used up their one heart you gave them and you can't get a rez...doesn't hurt casting that extra spell.
  15. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Ah makes sense.
    We usualy have 2 necros and 2 conj on the raids so we have never needed to cast more than one type.
  16. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

Because most of the people whining have small a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and want to be top dps in a virtual world so they can feel powerful because in real life they feel inferior.
  17. ARCHIVED-Enigmo2 Guest

BINGO! We have a winner!
    This is the number one reason people whine about the have's and the have nots!
  18. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

all i ask is, in what way does nerfing one class fix any other class? and why is it that every time i unlocked my toons potentail SoE keeps nerfing him? ...oh yea...and i want sexy pets...no more specs with little animation(hard to know if he's still engaed or not on link mobs), the gargoile is cool but, it took some getting use to...and whats up with my animaton..no more boom, explosion on lich...no more engulphing smoke on pet grim or consumption....what?..did other classes cry cause our animation was over the top?...or is it just another bug?....am I on the right forum? for my questions to be answerd?.. it'; just a game and i'll have fun regardless but if they keep finding ways to make necros mondane ...then groups will have no use for a necro...and thats really sad cause i really like my necro....ok servers are back up, ennuf of this whining....master your class and you and your group will enjoy every encounter...
  19. ARCHIVED-Wulgryth Guest

Power balance is relative. If 10 classes are really close to each other in power and one is ahead, you nerf the one ahead, rather than give boosts to all the others and risk more imbalances, bugs, etc. It makes sense and nerfs are sometimes necessary. Particularly in a PVP environment.

That said, I think necros and most of the classes are fine but that's just my opinion.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shonin35 Guest

After reading every single one of these post I am amazed truly amazed at some people's inability to properly format their thoughts over such an inportant topic. To compare your personal experiences with parses to say that summoners are to powerful is not nearly enough data to ask for a change. Many people have talked about how the different encounters, situaitons, level ranges, classs, buffs etc effect the final outcome of the parse and all of us know the parsers we download are not 100% reliable. There was lots of and lots of talk of teir 1, teir 2, and teir 3 dps charts and where we are supposed to be is teir 2. How do you know we are not at teir 2? If you take all the data of every single fight, of every single class for the past week where would each class be? This is the data that SOE has not us. Do I reach the top of a parser? Sometimes, but generally as stated when it is a considerly long fight with an x4 epic with no PBAOE. I also hear people arguing against this saying that a good raid will have all the best gear and proper classes, well not all of us are there yet with gear or the right classes so that is not a fair statment for the vast majority of us. I am generally in the top 10 in other situations in raids, but often I am rezzing people, or passing out hearts and I don't make the list at all. Necro and summoners are very good at solo content as well, but what some necros can do versus other class is also based on so many factors. In xp groups I rarely have to go through all my spells if their, is a wizard, warlock, ranger etc, they just kill to fast. I feel for everyone demanding that necros be nerfed needs to ask SOE for a true statisical report before they start making some unbelievable statements. There is times I have posted some stupidly high dps numbers using my mage pet, and using my targeted aoe, people were going nuts, but they when I explained that was damage spread out through all the mobs they understood. I have been playing my necro since Jan 05 where you really weren't a necro till your mid 30s, and I struggled and struggled with him, but when the combat revamp came out, I was very happy, then they cut out lich proc, they weakend out pets hps etc, but I still kept playing, I love to play him. I also play a bezerker and an assasin. My assasin at 24 could do more dmg in a single shot that my necro could before KoS, and I am not saying by any means they are comparable they are not it is just going to the fact that necros are sustatined damage over time, with very good agrro managment,, as well as some pretty nice utility. All this complaining came after the rangers got over tweaked twice in a row, we all know that is a major issue and this is a problem of working things out not who is on top or who is best. It may be a good idea for us a community to request this data, and from there lets discuss it, because we can not get a true picture of where a necro is at or any other class based soley on our personal gaming experience. This being said for the couple of the people who claimed to be necros, I am doubting your stories to much, that is all I am going to say about that.