Which healer can crank out DPS (besides fury)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by questcraft, Dec 16, 2019.

1. questcraft Member

so here is the scoop.

I play with a guy who LOVES their fury for dps and they like to side heal. Yet... I want to play a healer too and main heal groups.

I thought about a fury too... and then a warden for melee dps, yet druid heals don't stack is my understanding, so that leaves

Mystic, Defiler, Templar, and Inquisitor.

I hate super long heal cast times so I think templar and inquisitor are out (unless someone can correct me here).

What do folks recommend? who else can crank out DPS like a fury, but solid healing too. any recommendations?
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

You can spec for faster heal times in the dragon tree for all healers. And dps for healers is mostly based on Ascension skills these days anyway. With most ascension spells GM'd at the very least and many at Celestial I can crank out 3-4 billion dps and solo heal T2's on my Defiler. We have a warden that heals & dps's every bit as much as I do ...we go back n forth on parses all the time.

Shamans have bleed through on wards to deal with and Mystics are having a harder time than Defilers right now. Priests are okay..Inq or Templar. Again, lower dps unless your Ascension skills are high. I love playing my Inq...just wish I had time to maintain more than 1 class at max.

As far as not liking slow cast times? Yer gonna love ascension skills then, lol...not.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. questcraft Member

ya ascension skills take forever to get to GM let alone celestial. that is not gonna happen any time soon and I agree ascension casting time is so so slooow, then there is the reuse timers.

so minus ascension (or removed from the discussion).

Which healers can dps like a fury? Defiler?
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

sages can craft journeyman, expert and grandmaster ascensions with regular mats
    for adept and master you need an illegible scroll to craft
  5. questcraft Member

true but it still takes a lot of effort. You have to get the right scroll page per spell tier and then you also have to have the mats including 1 or 2 planar energy per spell. Its still a time and cost sink. And there remains the recast timers on ascension.

Minus ascension which healing class can dps like a fury? any of the others. I hear warden can melee dps pretty good but again, friend has a fury, so then we lose the healing.

Are Defilers, and Templars the ranged casters and mystics and inquisitors are melee? of of these, who can dish out continuous dps?
  6. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

My recollection were Furies were the best healer DPS'ers, with Inquisitor/Warden/Mystic following suit. Defiler & Templar were the lowest. But.... things might have changed.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Observing Active Member

Well an example of a max DPS raid in the beta forums had 4 wardens and 2 mystics, so I am going to go with Warden. But it seems a lot of their DPS is tied up in buffs and heals and if it is anything like the SK pet, the warden epic 2.0 pet.
  8. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

It really depends on the enviroment, so to say. As many have mentioned, a healer dps is a combination of ascension spells plus a few powerful class abilities.

In a raid enviroment an equally geared and trained warden will absolutely outdps every other healer. A mystic is not far behind, followed by a templar and a defiler. A fury and an Inquisitor do the least dps in raids.

In a group enviroment it's almost the same, with a fury and an Inquisitor being a bit better and a templar being a bit worse. A templar has probabbly the worst dps here.

If we take out ascensions from the rotation, it will still be almost the same. A Warden, a mystic, a defiler, an inquisitor, a fury, a templar.

If we speak about low levels, pre-ascension era and so on, then a fury is probably the best dps, followed by and a inquisitor, a warden and a mystic. A templar is horribly slow at low levels.
  9. Dilon Active Member

While it's possible that things change with today's expansion, historically it has been the case that you are not going to do any kind of significant DPS as a healer without ascension. For what it's worth probably the best DPS-ing healer I know is a mystic. But, again, the DPS is generated through ascension.
    Raff, Dude and Bludd like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

As long as you keep the group alive, you've done what your class is supposed to do. And if you can add a little dps to the overall group...then good for you.

But if you are looking for high parses on a healer? With low ascensions you won't be cranking out any appreciable dmg comparatively.
    Bludd likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Warden dps with their epic 2.0 pet is outstanding. That said, if you want to dips, create a dps toon. You want to heal, go healer. Nobody gives a damn about healer dps if they're dead or detriments are uncured. Decide which you want to do more of and make your choice accordingly.
    VivoDivo and Raff like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Nothing any healer does for dps can even come close to a comparatively geared dps class. Any dps we manage is just gravy for the overall zone / group. But parse-wise, its pretty sad compared to scouts and pet class clothies, lol.
    VivoDivo likes this.
  13. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Once again, it all depends. I've seen wardens doing up to 30 bl in a raid, with 8-10 bl being a regular basis
    Bhayar likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

I would say that healers like that are the exception rather than the rule. BIS Raid Gear, fully infused, max level spells & ascensions etc...

Most of us aspire to that, but reality / life has us...still aspiring ;)
    Pixistik and Rosyposy like this.
  15. VivoDivo Member

Exactly !!
  16. Tsurupettan Active Member

Raid dps > personal dps so my favorite healer for damage is the one with the best group buffs or damage taken debuffs. ;)
  17. questcraft Member

well I was really talking about 5 man groups, and trying to understand what healers do well with healing and dps, that maybe also does healing as a side effect of some of their dps too. One restriction is I can't play fury because friend is playing fury with spot healing. I thought melee warden but then two druids so healing is cancelled out for 1 of the 2. anyway... thanks for the replies.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

This is not what I've seen in my raids..
    Fury top, then warden. Defiler, with templar and mystic pulling up the rear. Haven't seen an inqy in raid in a while.
  19. morderir Active Member

from what i have seen and lived, with equivelent stat/skill warden first by a long shot ...
  20. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Last expac, Wardens had the higher ceiling by a lot.

This expac, it is up in air still. Fury got a new nuke; Wardens and Furies lost some of their proc dps.