where is the option to view a person's alts?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847 Guest

Did this get removed?
  2. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

It seems to have been
    And whats with the loading speed - my tortoise moves faster than this?
  3. ARCHIVED-Littlelove Guest

This new site is taking me twice as long to load, and now I have to jump through mulitple pages to get to where I'm going. Not only is it cluttered, but now also time consuming.
    And where did the "Alts" info go? dissappointing for sure.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vzul Guest

I would really love to be able to see Alts again. We use this as a tool to try and keep known troublemakers out of our guild.
  5. ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847 Guest

Fisch@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    same
  6. ARCHIVED-Arduatha Guest

Please bring back the option to view alts. It is one of the few options we had to keep troublesome players out of our guild.
    When you look at their alt profile and see they have 30 or 40 alts that are less than level 30.. you know there is something screwy going on there.
    Please, bring back the alt option.
    Other than that, once I get used to navigating the stie, it shouldn't be so bad. It's just new. Loks very nice.
    Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-njade Guest

Please bring back the option to see someone's alts!
    Personally I like how the guild chat looks like now, but the rest is terrible..
  8. ARCHIVED-dibble Guest

Not being able to see alts is a BIG problem for guild recruiters. I really hope they give us this facility back.

In the meanwhile, and I don't expect this will work for long, but here's how you can see alts right now:

1. Go to the new search page at
    _url:http://eq2players.station.sony.com/Search/Characters/
    2. Search for the toon.
    3. Once you have your results, change the url at the top of the browser to:
    _url:http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_search.vm

Enjoy!
    Note - ignore the "_url:" part - that's just to stop the forum messing up the formatting!
    I would suggest you add a toolbar button in your browser for (3) to make things easier.
  9. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

Phage@Vox wrote:
    Please return this feature for the above mentioned, but also we don't allow members to have 2 different toons in 2 different raiding guilds. It creates conflicts of interest.
  10. ARCHIVED-wolfblade692004 Guest

Yes DEV's please return this feature, this is a feature that is utilized for many reasons and it is also isint this feature one that we pay extra for the ability to use.
  11. ARCHIVED-bulletrig Guest

Yes, PLEASE put this functionality back in! We use it so that we can see if a new member is an alt without having to send a mail or catch them online. We send a handbook to all new members, so not being able to log in and see that they already have one with their main is going to waste a LOT of supplies. We invite at least 10 alts per day, so that's a lot of books we'll be wasting!
    -Sirrakuk
    Leader, Virtue
    Antonia Bayle Server
  12. ARCHIVED-dibble Guest

For the record, I don't think people should be able to hide their alts. Ever.
    But the way things stand on the new eq2players, everyone is effectively hiding their alts.
    Realistically, the only people looking up alts are guild recruiters and/or members of their existing guild checking that they are not breaking guild rules by e.g. being in 2 raid guilds.
    If you sign up for a guild, then you should abide by that guild's rules, or go join one that has more relaxed rules. You should not be hiding your alts - that's just dishonest.
    If people really want to hide their alts that badly, then they can pay SoE for another account.
  13. ARCHIVED-dibble Guest

Actually, thinking about it, what would be really nice is if you could see people's alts in-game in the guild panel.

That way, the people that SHOULD know your alts will know them, but others won't.

There could be options for turning it off/on in there too I suppose, dependent on your guild rules.

It saves messing around with eq2players all the time, and would make guild rule enforcement so much easier.

Also, as soon as you recruited someone you could see all their alts without messing around.

But seeing as that would all take more dev time, I'll settle for EQ2players alts functionality right now please!
  14. ARCHIVED-Draxzyl Guest

The alt's view was 99% of my usage. Why reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken?
    I've played his game since day 1 and now SOE, you have finally disapointed me to the point that I am reconsidering why I give you my money. WTF were you thinking?
  15. ARCHIVED-Lenoir Guest

Funny theres still no response from a dev in here
    And as this thread indicates, the option to search for alts and players, and inspect them,
    as well as the fact that every guild-leader / officer usually uses this a lot.

You cant always be 100% sure, but you dont want to re-invite that person you kicked out because of
    mis-behavior just 2 days ago. *one of the resons i hate the thing about people being able to,
    go 100% anonymous, they should have at the least given guild-leaders the options to see everything about the
    people in his/her guild.(but that was all on the old eq2players.com).

This eq2players.com / everquest2.com (yes they merged..) i think SoE must realize its their front door,
    to people who are going to play Everquest II , it looks nice for the first 2 minutes, but then
    you are going to miss things, things load slowly (try and use different browsers, you get different speeds as well).

Hope some one whom is planning and working on eq2players.com reads all these posts and is going to do,
    something with it, it would be a real tragedy if you are going to leave it this way for months...

So, get some budget to work with, think about how to get your site live (whithout going hours with a,
    'under contruction' sign, realy.. that is absolutely not necesary! even with a couple of million visitors/pageviews a day.)
    And get some people whom know how to make things work / or whom can listen to each other.

Greetings,
    Ortahr.
  16. ARCHIVED-Baccalarium Guest

Please return the ability to search for alts. Its really helpful to not make folks switch toons when you get a tell from someone on a noob toon saying they are so-and-so's newest alt. Being alble to verify that they really are so-and-so's newest alt has always been the main service I got from eq2players.
    Though if you want to replace it with an in game manner of verifying alts, that would work too.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

So long as you can still hide them if you want to I am all for it.
    And no not everyone hiding an alt is upto something devious... Well except I play on a PVP server and really I don't want my enemies knowing more about me than most of my allies do lol.
  18. ARCHIVED-Pesla Guest

I never have my alts for public display. I block the access and I have had others search for them and they can not be seen. I can publish my alts to my guild if I choose to do so but I tend to hide alts mainly because they sell items on the broker and I don't want people hounding me to give the items for free or reduced cost because they know my main character.
  19. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

The others have pretty much listed why this feature needs to be returned ASAP. As an Officer/Recruiter I use this tool pretty much every day to verify information. This is one of the "extra" options that I pay for, and I'd like to see this tool given back to us in the very near future.

EDIT: Just saw the Dev post that these will return in the next build...thank you much!
  20. ARCHIVED-0naoko0 Guest

Ortahr@Nektulos wrote:
    This issue has been listed in another, far more active thread. The devs have responded there.