where is the option to view a person's alts?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Lenoir Guest

This issue has been listed in another, far more active thread. The devs have responded there.
    Was after my post ;-)
  2. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

My guild is not recruting at all till this is returned and fixed. I encourage other guild leaders to do the same to get this issue fixed fast. This is not acceptable as a guild we NEED to have the right to know who we are allowing in our guild. There are people out there that steal and cause problems in guilds and we do not want them coming in on an alt and destroying our beautiful guild.
  3. ARCHIVED-dibble Guest

4. ARCHIVED-dibble Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    Avianna - rather than not recruiting, why don't you just use the workaround I posted earlier in this thread.
    SoE are already working on a fix, so you won't need it for long.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

because why should we as paying customers have to import a "workaround" just to get the same functions we had before they "fixed" it?
    I believe that if we want the devs to understand our point and to listen to us players then we need to stand together as a team and fight for what we want in the game rather than work around what they screw up.
    Therefore if the devs see all the guilds decide to halt their recruiting due to not being able to see alts and new players are unable to join guilds till this issue is fixed then it might put a fire under their tusshie to get it done rather than waiting for months for the "next build".
  6. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

dibble wrote:
    Please tell me how hiding my alts suddenly means I'm an evil, rule-breaking, and dishonest person? Because once in a while I like to try something new without all the people that know me being able to contact me? That sometimes I like to just hang out with my fiance without worrying about others trying to talk us onto our mains to do stuff. It doesn't happen often, in fact I haven't played that particular alt in months, but still. It is my right to hide my alts for my OWN reasons, none of which are dishonest.
  7. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Wow. people make it seem like it's impossible to run a Guild without having Big Brother powers. We managed to do just fine 500 years ago while walking to school uphill both ways in the snow /shrug
    Now get off my lawn
  8. ARCHIVED-slinkster Guest

I am a co-leader of a guild, the alts info helped a lot when someone wanted to join our guild. It's nice to know if people have alts on another server or another guild. If this feature is not returned I see no reason to pay the extra money a month. I will probably drop that part.
    Sheesh if I just read further! This just happened a week ago, I see a lot of replies. Hopefully this is fixed soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mathuzilah Guest

I MUST AGREE WITH EVERYONE! ! ! BRING BACK THE ALT TABS! ! !
  10. ARCHIVED-Skeksis Guest

What happened when ppl hid their alts when we did have that service? Did you tell them, "Sorry but I can't recruit you because I don't know who your alts are?" Yea the service was handy, but on Butcherblock anyways, everyone knows who the trouble makers are and who their alts are. And if you paranoid about people you don't know joining your guild, then you either need to restructure your ranks/promotion system and what they have access to or just recruit people you know. Generally, I prefer the latter. Then you already know what kind of player your getting and end up with a more sound guild. But to each his/her own.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest