Where is Scout's CA change?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cian4ik, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cian4ik Member

Prior to updating the remaining week. Above the tanks are being generally good.
    About scouts forget ~ 7-8% of the base value on the stance
    it will not change anything in terms of combat arts effectiveness.
  2. Karsa Active Member

3. Jumjumbandito Active Member

Don't worry, the Smoke DLC will be out very soon...
  4. Gninja Developer

So, you are saying that increasing combat art damage by 7-8% will not raise combat art damage by 7-8%? I agree this is a very small amount of damage if you are speced completely away from potency and toward weapondamagebonus.
  5. Rocketjones Active Member

So bards are stuck with wdb armor.:(
  6. Garavic Member

I will say that even though it was apparently broken taking away Marauders Vaunts 12% damage increase and giving Swashies a 7-8% damage increase with the new raid buff version isn't right.

I will also say that I think Marauders Vaunt is now closer to what I was hoping it would be when it was added in AoM beta, but implemented in this way it's a net loss for our DPS.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Will there be an opportunity for those using WDB gear to rechoose their armor in response to these changes? Scout gear is already difficult enough to get on our server without needing to regear all over again. Please tell us what you've got planned here. I'd like to start preparing as soon as possible.
  8. Gninja Developer

Considering Marauders Vaunt did not do what you thought it did last expansion this is a major improvement.
  9. Gninja Developer

We have no plans to allow you to instantly get another set of gear. But with the addition of Rum Cellar there will be more places to get gear so gearing up should be quicker than at expansion launch.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Even in Pot Gear with the changes the balance of Combat Arts to Auto Attack/Poison damage is still pretty horrible.

When can we expect to see Phase 2 of the Scout Changes? As Currently these don't really address any of the issues scouts have had since first mentioned.
    Neiloch likes this.
  11. Cian4ik Member

I tried yesterday in armor with potency value
    all dps 55 million ( -Auto -procs)= combat arts effectiveness reached 12 million
  12. Gninja Developer

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say... Are you saying with WDB gear you did 55mil dps and with potency gear you did 12mil dps?
  13. Cian4ik Member

No
    I wore a suit of armor with a potency and ability mod
    wearing jewelry with a potency and critical bonus
    and made 55 million dps
    of which 12 million were CA
  14. Garavic Member

That's essentially saying the Ferrari we sold you didn't work so you should be happy with the Lexus we just gave you. :) A bait and switch is a bait and switch regardless of how you spin it.

I'm not arguing that it's not a phenomenal buff. I am simply saying it's costing one class DPS when the whole point to this first round of scout changes is to bring scout DPS up.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate, but thank you for the heads up. Will give us a chance to do something about it
  16. Gninja Developer

Ah, I see. And how much dps did you lose from the WDB reduction?
  17. Cian4ik Member

2 million castic weapon(? not sure of translate) - procs
    1.4 million fatal followup
    740 000 - decap
    690 000 - bloody craize(?) - procs
    590 000 - agon. pain
    550 000 - swipe
    490 000 - swadow step
    380 000 exucete (?)
    ---
    else other procs classes

---