Where are the devs?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avianna, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

I miss Domino and Rothgar.... I still have Rothgar's Christmas lights bookmarked on my computer. for those of you newer rothgar was a developer here that was widely know for two things. 1.) His speedy responses to issues, the guy was like a ninja he was so fast. 2.) His Christmas lights display that can be found <here>. Thanks to EQ2Wire.com for still having this post archived. Thanks Feldon & Dthdlr:)
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

Scott firmly believed in communication with the players. He pushed communication, not just here but third party sites as well. It's why most people remember him fondly.
    BettyBoop and Guiscard like this.
  3. Sucuri Active Member

They are busy finding new ways to fix CoV...
    Then how to break it even more...

That takes a lot of work you know!
  4. Calthine Well-Known Member

Avianna likes this.
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

You can use the SoE Post Tracker to see when they do post. Hehh.. personally, if I were a dev I'd be real reluctant to post anything for fear of anything I said costing me my job. I don't know how many devs they really have but I suspect only a select few are allowed to post anything in these forums. I know at places I worked, even if I knew the answer to someone's question, I couldn't post anything.

But, at least I see bugs that I'm noticing getting corrected so that's good.
    Avianna and Guiscard like this.
  6. SideshowBob Active Member

Maybe they can give one of the EU red names some translation software so they can answer our posts. They sure seem to be active! I mean, yeah, the translations may come out a bit wonky, but it sure as heck beats the ghost town feeling... ;)
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Rest assured our mods are here watching over the herd.
    Guiscard likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is where a Community Manager can be a tremendous asset to designers and developers. If one of the devs wants to post something but isn't sure if it will attract player ire or be misinterpreted, run it by the CM. They can put a little polish on it, send it back, and the dev can post it and avoid a lot of heartache.

As often as I can, if I'm going to post something that might rub someone the wrong way, I run it by someone.
    Fortunately SOE doesn't operate like that.
    Avianna and Guiscard like this.