Where are the devs?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avianna, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

I have been going over a lot of these forums and as far as red names it is a ghost town, no hi, no hows it going, no thanks for that info, no we are looking into this, no that's a horrible idea go away, no nothing.... just.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

/crickets

why are we left hanging?
    BettyBoop and Guiscard like this.
  2. Erszebeth Active Member

because sony don't care no more.
  3. Jalek Active Member

It's been silence for months before so it shouldn't be unexpected, but also they never do weekends.
    The moratorium on server updates mentioned in the Frostfell thread probably means nothing will happen until Frostfell anyway.
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Also they launched an expansion in EQ and launched Planetside 2. Sony is very very busy currently and except Twitter updates which the dev's can do anywhere easily and unobtrusively I am not surprised at the lower response rate currently. There are a lot of bugs being looked at and fixed and rebalanced currently.
    Guiscard likes this.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

These forums are supposed to be a place where we can give feedback to the devs and interact with the team to improve the game not be ignored by them..... but more and more that is the norm. They wonder why they don't get new customers, they think some shiney new toy in game will attract and keep new customers. But no they missed the boat on that one. What will get and keep new customers is the word of mouth from the customers they have left, and when I as a customer feel as I am being ignored, my word of mouth is not so good. Right now I tell my friends that this is the best MMO ever but it is completely ruined by poor customer relations. The devs don't listen to their customers.
    BettyBoop, Terein and Guiscard like this.
  6. Erszebeth Active Member

not to mention the fact that FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and whatever other social media they use is their FIRST order of contact with their customers....not their official forums where we are now.
    BettyBoop, Guiscard and Feldon like this.
  7. Avianna Well-Known Member

<=== Don't facebook or twitter *yuck*
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

There were a couple of respnses last week - on the whole "Sig quest for alts" thing and actual fixes that went in. And Gninja has been aroudn to talk raid mobs. But everything else.. not so much. There must be at least 10 different threads (not to mention bug reports) informing DEVs that half the green adornments don't work properly, yet i've not seen a single response of any kind. Not to mention other stuff that's been brought up multiple times. Maybe they all took off for christmas.. you know.. a bit early :)
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They're probably busy developing, :p meeting, sorting through /feedback, testing... You know... things they were hired to do. :)
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

Deveryn...your funny...
  11. Natsume Member

The feedback here between the devs and the players is one of the best I have seen so far, topped by none. Most SOE games have good interaction lately, but the best is with EQII, on these forums. I check several other forums and the only dev post I see is when they announce something and even then it's the community manager. I bet they're busy fixing all those bugs and I dunno, playing Planetside 2? XD
  12. Taysa Well-Known Member

Compared to pre-new forums, they've been better. Not ideal, mind you, but better, even if it's a little bit.
    Calthine likes this.
  13. Erszebeth Active Member

yea...i won't argue that they have been better...but the history doesn't exactly speak for having any real faith, and the short time they've been doing better, isn't enough for me to buy into it being a new norm.
    BettyBoop likes this.
  14. Salty21db Active Member

15. Vhaden New Member

Salty, you got me in trouble...I chuckled on the "attention every minute" comment which promptly caused my wife to inquire as to the cause of my laughter....
    Deveryn and Estred like this.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

whoops! :eek: hope you didn't get in too much trouble.

Though you made me smile but no one was around so I am good :D.
  17. slippery Well-Known Member

Someday someone will learn that feedback is a two way street.
  18. Guiscard Active Member

Where do you get that idea? This has been the worst response from devs. of any expansion launch. The best of course was Kunark and it has been downhilll since then. A lot has to do with the producer - and we have had a string of really bad producers since Scott left - remember Brenlo - what a disaster. Smokejumper was good a communication but he didn't last long as he was so good he got kicked upstairs.

And this infatuation with Twitter and Facebook leave me cold - they are great places for identity theft.
    BettyBoop likes this.
  19. Erszebeth Active Member

its been a long time since theres been real communication about class issues, player issues, in game bugs, zone progression, even raid progression. Sure, they're happy to post all la-de-da about SC and >o theres this event coming up< or >glad you like the house send us screenies when its decorated< but all in all its been fairly sparse, and largely vacant, I personally have been thoroughly shocked and amazed at all the back and forth the Gninja has had with Slippery and others in regards to the Drinal raid, and I applaud his dedicated communication with them, as I do Zoltaroth with the CoV issues reporting thread, it has been some truly phenomenal outreach and communication.
    However, I don't believe that does much for the overall community, and there really should be more, especially in regards to the crafting community, and class balance/issues. While there are efforts there, notable and commendable as they are, they still fall vastly short of what is really needed; and that can in large part be achieved by a simple letting us know they are seeing whats being said, they understand the issues <or even if they don't that they are looking into them or SOME KIND OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that they are there>.
    No, I don't really expect this, class balance/issues have long since been abandoned, and are only addressed in extremes with the nerf bat <historically speaking>.
    BettyBoop, Avianna and Guiscard like this.
  20. Terein Active Member

The developers haven't been communicating with us hardly at all since Brenlo got into the producers seat, before that they used to post ALL the time. It's really sad, that's the reason I originally quit and the reason I'm not so sure I'm going to stick around for long now. :(

I can go to RIft, lotro, or even wow and feel like what I post is actually being addressed and is a concern to the development team, here I feel ignored and unwanted. It's a shame because our interactivity with the developers used to be the best, now it's one of the worst. Admittedly it's been getting better recently, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Though it also seems like a lot of the developers that used to frequently post here are gone now. Domino, Timetravelling, Imago, Rothgar, Aeralik, missdoomcookie. Maybe that's what changed, not really any stance SoE has. *shrugs*