when will they bring back the beastlords thread

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-vochore, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-vochore Guest

well...new forums...guess its time to start a new beastlord thread.

i personally think it will most likely be another 2 expansions before luclin makes its return.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lightstrider Guest

I believe SOE has stated many times that they have no intention of bringing in any new character classes. Races are the only thing being expanded. I personally would like to see the beastlords come back, but oh well.
  3. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

[p]Yeah new Beastlord thread![/p][p] It is quite clear that no new classes are going in anytime soon. There is still plenty of room for expansions with new zones (Odus, Kunark, Velious, etc) and new races (Arsai).[/p][p]When they do look at considering new classes I would expect they could find a way to fit in a balanced melee based pet class. In my vision it would be a Scout based class that would have to tame wild creatures much like the Creature Handler class in the original SWG did. As they levelled up they would have to tame new beasties since their pets would not level with them like a Mage based pet does. They would have weak defenses with Scout based avoidance and leather based mitigation without the fighter mitigation bonus that brawlers get. They would have weak melee skills without their pet better then a mage class but less then a fighter based class. With their pet their DPS would be on par with other scouts but it would be very situational depending on the type and level of pet they are using. And no buffing other then of themselves and their own pets.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Fellindar Guest

I too liked the beastlord class but i doubt you will see it return, SOE have stated than no new class will be added until ALL existing classes are BALANCED so you are probably in for a long wait. As for Luclin it was a place that never appealed to me and I hope it stays shattered lol :wink: Sir Felindar Fierblade Paladin of Tunare Guk Server
  5. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Actually, they said all classes were balance, all bugs removed and all content fixed in any concievable way. And it was just a long way to say "It aint gonna happen" ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

every time you make a beastlord thread SOE kills patches the kitten
  7. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p] :hunf: Ya....[/p][p]Anyways I do agree that right now it would be combersome and probably problematic to bring a new class into the mix. There are numberous amounts of weapons, armor, items, and so on that would have to have a <Class> tag added to it. I'm betting it takes more than a few simple keystrokes to make it so said class can use said item. [/p][p]Thing is what would be the quote "Anti" beastlord? You have Wardens which are defensive while furys are offensive. Zerkers are Offensive tanks while Guardians are defensive tanks. [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

SoE officially announced the other day that they'll be bringing back the Beastlord Class on February 31st.
  9. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

Amana wrote:
    Ooh yeah that typically gets discussed in the requisite Beastlord thread. They managed to balance Illusionist / Coercer as Enchanter / anti-Enchanter so i am sure they could find some similarly clever way to do it for beastlord. Maybe they categorize the different beasts as "good" and "evil" creatures. The good BL would only be able to tame good beasties and would have more heal and buff spells. The evil BL would only be able to tame evil beasties and would have more offensive spells. Or maybe the pet would take on some transformation after being tamed to make them "good" or "evil" beasites?
  10. ARCHIVED-Tyranire Guest

[p] With the old class/archetype system, this was more of an issue. Now that they've just made it where there are 24 classes, they really shouldn't have to make an anti-beastlord and just make it a neutral class that can be in Qeynos and Freeport.[/p][p]Even if you look at the class selection screen, they break out many classes into their own division (i.e. SK and Pally).[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

What they should do is bring them back, but make them so gimped that they don't even have to think about trying to balance them... :roll:
  12. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

lock this thread, please. no beastlords.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lyndro-EQ2 Guest

My post from the beastlord thread on the old forums: I imagine we'll put in new classes when every class is perfectly balanced, every class has a unique and distinctive role and playstyle, all the class related bugs are fixed, and we have a good solid idea for a truly unique class that is useful, balanced, and doesn't infringe on another class' unique and distinctive role and playstyle... Seriously though, we have enough classes as it is, and enough issues with as many classes as we have. We really don't need to add any more. Anytime someone here suggests it, even in passing, we make it a point to pelt them with rotten fruit and taunt them.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

Amana wrote:
    Themaginator wrote:
    :hunf: Ya....
    Anyways I do agree that right now it would be combersome and probably problematic to bring a new class into the mix. There are numberous amounts of weapons, armor, items, and so on that would have to have a <Class> tag added to it. I'm betting it takes more than a few simple keystrokes to make it so said class can use said item.
    Thing is what would be the quote "Anti" beastlord? You have Wardens which are defensive while furys are offensive. Zerkers are Offensive tanks while Guardians are defensive tanks.
    I think their is enough classes and if they add more they will have to do them in pairs to be consistant. What about elemental BLs and then creature BLs. I like the idea of taming but don't know what that involves. In WoW it was food. In SWG I think time brought loyalty. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of elemental creatures out there but it could differentiate 2 classes. One being more of a caster and the other more melee.
  15. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] [/p][hr]You know .. I'm thinking you should just give them their Beastlord. [p] [/p][p]Next Teir Increase .. Give Ranger's a White Bangle Tiger Pet and call it a Beastlord. [/p][p]Kerowynn's Beastlord ... sweet revenge ... :twisted:[/p][p]I figure it's only fair .. [/p][p]---- [/p][p]for those that need explaination ...[/p][p](Ranger's in EQ1 were called Wardens, Beastlord Pets were called [player name]'s Warden)[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-interstellarmatter Guest

No Ninja or Pirate class?
  17. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

/em throws rotten fruit at Vochore.
  18. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Note to self when working for SoE do not mention new classes to EQ2 people lest I be pelt with rotten fruit. Took me a long time to get the nasty onion smell outta my clothes when the raid people went after me.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

[p]lol, this just made me laugh. Even better when Lyndro posted his age old response! :) [/p][p] [/p][p]My first thought was to try and dig that up![/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Shhh...he's got rotten fruit and he's not affraid to use it. :twisted: