when will they bring back the beastlords thread

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-vochore, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TheFangs Guest

Dude! We aren't talking about amending the existing AA tree here (If someone is then forget it. It won't happen) so what summoners have gotten does not come into it in any way. What we ARE talking about is what some would like a AA tree to look like in a future expantions and how do you know what summoners will or will not get there? So go get a nice big glass of water and take a god d@mn chill pill Then quit b*tching about what you don't have, what you don't want others to have and focus on what you would like to have (preferably in another thread far away from here.) I agree that it shouldn't be wardens who get it, but this is all theoretical so there is no need for that kind of BS
  2. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

Stop getting your dress in a tizzy potty mouth. I said a scout pet so it couldn't tank anywhere near summoner pets and nowhere did I say it had to be as good as a summoner pet. Serious AA's that aren't worthless fluff so it is a viable play choice for people giving up other AA. Again, nowhere did I say summoner or better AA. Pets aren't unique. Every class can have some form of them if they want to pay the deity faction. You don't have to agree with me but don't twist my words.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

well i dont know why you say that if they did make a beastlord class that it would be overpowered. just give em sucky self dps, with a better dps bet, sh*tty heals, and some alright buffs. maybe thorn for your pet. i don't know, but it could easily be made not to be overpowered
  4. ARCHIVED-sassafras Guest

Just nerf Necros and bring back our Beasties! classes balanced, all the world happy again :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Amana wrote:
    I have to disagree with this little statement. Fury's are not and never have been since they were fixed in LU-13 less defensive then Wardens. They are roughly equal just different. Wardens can heal for a little bit longer and with EoF are much more slanted to melee where as Fury's are primarily nukers.
    Wardens were fixed to be roughly equal with fury offensively with the same LU.
    Now the devs have made that statement about "new classes will be added when all the current 24 classes are perfectly balanced" so among other things, the devs would have to fix the way that the warden offensive capability has been nerfed by default (lack of being kept up to the fury dps capability and lack of str gear to go with the CA line in EoF equipment)
    Now a statement like plate wearers are more defensive then chain which are more defensive then leather and then cloth I would completely agree with within an archtype (fighter/scout/mage/priest). Of course that opens up the other door. Within archtypes with multiple armor types, the higher DPS'er would be the lower defensive. Druids shoud do more damage then shaman which would do more dps then clerics. Brawlers should do more damage then warriors and crusaders for the fighter version.
    That makes sense to me though it might not seem logical to some I suppose.
  6. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

gogo beastlords, we wont give them up :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Dakryss Guest

I think it all boils down to laziness, imho.
    Rather spend time making new races than new classes.
    Rather spend time making vast solo zones for high end content, rather than investing the proper amount of lore and story.
    Beastlords would not be hard to make in eq2.
    Based on what's there already, you obviously wouldn't have different pets for different races. It would be nice, but not necessary.
    So, make a leather wearing, monk weapon only shaman type with defiler heals, no wards, and mystic buffs, then give em a stand alone melee pet about 3/4 the mit of a necro's tank pet with 3/4 the scout pet's dps.
    NO dumfire pets, no caster pet, no scout pet. Weak dd nukes, split the spell lines between player and pet, just like in eq1.
    Done.

Why is this so hard? If doin the work is the issue let us help!
    The only reason I still play WoW occasionally is because of the Hunter class, which is the closest thing to a BL outside of eq1.
    Bring back BL's, you may take a bigger chunk of WoW players.
  8. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

Lyndro-EQ2 wrote:
    Lol.
    Let the taunting and lobbing begin!!!
    *throws a large brick*
    Oops...
  9. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

Dakryss wrote:
    LOL.
    Yeah, because creating an entirely new class is just the easiest thing in the world! All that balancing, defining, creation of spells/ca's...yeah, it's all really just a cinch.

You're NOT a game developer. You're obviously not even an experienced player...it takes a lot more than what you think. And besides, the current 24 classes aren't balanced...Swashies, Brigs, Coercers, etc..
  10. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Necro Post FTW.
    To the question when will there be a new class in EQ2 ANY new class?
    When Satan is having snowball fights in hell, there will be a new class.
    There are alot of core mechanics they would have to deal with in order to create a new class, the biggest thing is that they can't just create 1 new class but 2, one for "good" and one for "evil" even if the classes themselfs are neutral, then ofcourse that would unbalance the Archtypes so in reality they may have to create 8 new classes.
    What they could do is make Premier classes that are an expaintion or adjustment to current classes, that reduce certain class skills, while raising other class skills effectivly doing the equivlent of making a new class without acccually making a new class.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

There are 24 classes.

These classes fill a variety of roles, from pets, to pure casters, to pure melee, to DPS, to tanking.

Adding another class at this point is completely unnecessary. There are already plenty. More than i've seen in most other MMO's, if not all.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dakryss Guest

TheLopper wrote:
    I recognize that it isn't as easy as <poof> have a new class. I also know that most of the hard part of creating the classes has already been done, seeing as how there are 24 of them.
    They are all based off of archetypes, one or two of which can be used as the building blocks for a BL class. I'm not a game developer, but I do understand software development.
    And, I don't know your definition of an experienced gamer, but I have been playing MMO's since the original EQ, and been on betas for several others.
    But ad hominems aside, I do not believe it would be as difficult as you suggest either.
    There is a sizable group that would like to play an EQ2 Beastlord. I do not recall an outcry for a stupid in-game CCG, but they made one anyway.

Even allowing for a prestige class of sorts for a Defiler/Mystic, Monk/Bruiser,Fury/Warden to take would be cool.

Will it happen? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask and expect a serious, well thought out answer.
  13. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

inc locked post in 3,2,1.9,1.8...

what? it happens to all the others beastlord threds, why would this one be any different.
  14. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    Because they all devolved into name calling and Troll bait posts, once that happens they lock the thread. If you notice this particular thread was Dead(without alock) on 10/05/2007 until it was recontly revived, why did it not get a lock, because people remaind civil and did not let the post devolve into Troll Bait/Name calling. As long as this one does not either I don't see why it can't continue.
    That said, this question has been asked at least once a month sence launch, the game has been out over 3 years, that means that atleast 36 times in posts(way more then that accually as there are usually 2 going at once), and alot more times in interviews and such, people have asked when will they add beastloards, or the more general when will they add another class. The answer has always been the MMO equivilant of "When heck freezes over". Yet that does not seem to be good enough and the question contnues to be asked.
    Oh, and about the LoN, unlike adding a new class LoN took NO dev time from other aspects of EQ2, it was developed by a differant development group, so bringing that game into this argument does not hold water. That said, while yes there was no "outcry" for a TCG game there was an outcry for a deversion game that people could play (like Gems) while waiting on raids and such, LoN was that deversion game, and it came with the added benifit of not costing the EQ2 devs any dev time.
  15. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

ah dident see it was a necro post, just saw beastlord and went oh not this agen.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dakryss Guest

ke'la wrote:
    My overall point with bringing up the LoN was that they sought out and then had the resources to make it. Whether it was in house or not, they had them. Perhaps SOE should outsource the classes in a similar fashion? Have them look into the classes that continue to have some balance issues and perhaps some new classes/class options.
    I dunno. I realize I'm so very into the "beating a dead horse" category here with the beastlords. Just seems that no good reason has been given why they weren't originally included with EQ2 or why they cant appear in a future expansion.
    "Till hell freezes over" is a condescending dismissal to a legitimate question.
  17. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

They need to put beastlord in if they want people frome eq1 to migrate more to eq2.
    the whole argument about balance dosent make any sens. bringing back besastlord cant unbalance a game that is not balanced. and if it's impossible to balance the classes, then why not bring beastlord then? you see how it spin on itself? no sens.
    remove sarnak (god they are ugly) and transform gorowyn into cabillis 2, put Iksar in it and bring back beastlords :D ok this may be over the top ... but still ...
    WE WANT BEASTLORD BACK!
  18. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

Dakryss wrote:
    The key factor here being that LoN is profitable.
    Yes, I know new expansions are profitable, but that doesn;t mean they have to add new classes to make expansions.

I'd like some new classes to, but it's probably not going to happen for quite some time, and the game is already aging a bit.
  19. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

TheLopper wrote:
    Exactly, this is the time to put something new in gameplay wise. It's called Beastlord. No ... not another useless race >< but beastlord.
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    Better a necro post of a BL thread then a new one though. ;)