When will the pay to win end?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Due to the recent discussions on discord about "pay-to win" and the affects of having the pay to win items in game, I decided to post a thread after discovering what was added to the game today.

Since the launch of fallen gate we have seen quite a few instances of pay to win:
    -Xp Pots
    -Familiars
    -The expansion illusion
    -The Mount from the collectors edition that is best in slot
    -Spell Upgrades
    -The Journeyman boot upgrade

And finally today, a 15% potency temp buff for three hours was added today, so when does it end?

How will I know that eventually I won't be able to continue playing on the server when people paying hundreds of dollars are just innately going to be better than me?

As it currently stands it I can't get xp pots from veteran rewards which I should have,

I can't get anything higher than a treasured familiar, unless I buy the gamble boxes or pay $100 to get a guaranteed ethereal/fabled familiar

There are no illusions that give stats unless I buy an expansion for live... content I will never play.

The best mount in game has now been replaced and is ridiculously worse than the $100 expansion mount.

The spell upgrades take far too long to ever catch up to people paying for spell upgrades.

When does it end? It's obvious the community doesn't want any of these things yet more and more pay to win things are being added to the server.

Part 2: Suggestions~
    Allow us to claim our xp pots from veteran rewards.
    Nerf familiars or actually allow them to drop from instances/raids.
    Remove the stats from the illusion.
    Nerf the mount from the collectors edition
    Remove payed spell upgrades and actually allow people to craft the 50/60/70 spell experts.
    Nerf the Boots.
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

That's around a 33% potency buff over someone with a treasured familiar + the tonic. That is more than enough to push guilds ahead of others in terms of clearing content. I HATE ethereal familiars but at least you can farm them. The new familiar has additional potency over a normal ethereal and the mount can't be farmed, nor can the illusion. It's appalling.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's pretty funny to watch one of our players get all of this and grandmaster every spell on the first day of the expansion and have all of the bonuses, his familiar gives like 18 potency, its pretty ridiculous lol.

Back in t5 and in t6 the first few weeks he absolutely dominated due to instantly paying for all the spell upgrades.
  4. Baltazarr Member

What are the stats from mount and familiar on TLE at 60? Can't log in atm.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

big deal, you should have probably thanked him for the help.

These collector items should remain useful on live servers where level 70 players have 250+ AA and access to TSO dungeons, etc. If they can maintain separate stats for the items on TLE servers, then the best bet is to buff the best KoS mounts to be better than the collector's stuff... but I wouldn't compare it to the the mounts available in TLE DoF.
  6. Papablaze Member

The only mount in DOF are the 2 trash carpets that were NEVER good. I don't get your theory here pal. The best mount in the game excluding the collectors editions mounts have 2% crit 2% cast speed 200 hp and 200 mana, they cost 40 plat a **** ton of status and require guild level 90. The collectors edition mounts have 1% crit 1% block 6% potency 600 hp, how is it even comparable. What KOS mounts?

This is a gross common trend, I can understand collectors editions to some extent even if we will never touch the content, but adding in a 3$ 3 hour 15% potency buff is ridiculous.
    Ceyllynn and Draknox like this.
  7. vexen Member

'
    I would agree with some of these suggestion but not all. You can't nerf things people have already bought and paid for so that is not an option. Allowing people to claim vet rewards though should be allowed to an extent as long as it is on par with everything else available at this time. They should allow for higher tiered rare drops of familiars in raid (fabled,ethereal, etc ) People will still buy them if the drop chance is low enough and they dont want to wait. They should figure a way to allow for max level spell crafting. Mounts could be buffed on TLE like the cloud mount in kos or the disc in deathtoll but you cannot make them better or even close to as good as collectors mounts. If you did there would be no incentive to buy the collectors editions of the expac and daybreak is a business first and foremost so you need to take that into consideration. The 15% temp buff i havent seen but I agree thats kinda crappy even though they are a business thats some real gouging. I havent seen it yet like i said so i dont know how much SC it is but they prob wanted something for people to burn their SC on that they get every month. Thats all just IMO
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Even if you look at the fitzpitzle mount, it's worse than the collectors edition mount.

The mount from the collectors edition should of never been this strong, unless they plan on making the DMP wrist, or the mount from fitzpitle comparable.
  9. fencedin New Member

Keeping in mind that that's IF fitz stays as is, but I am guessing will be nerfed to like nothing after itemization, then it will be really not even close.
  10. Buffrat Well-Known Member

They're going to keep adding it because they're making short-term money. Short-term money is what makes a lot of companies introduce this stuff to the game. If people keep buying these things, they're going to keep adding them. The 1000-1200 players on Fallen Gate clearly put out enough money for this stuff that they feel it's worth creating community backlash that everyone will forget about in a week to make some pocket change to boost sales for the end (or beginning) of their fiscal quarter.

Do I wish it would stop? Yes. Will it? No. Not unless people stop buying it. Which won't happen.

Also

See: Clockwork Illusion.
    Bekkr and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Zelox Active Member

im going on strike
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

I think it's ironic that the signature item from killing one of the most challenging raid encounters in the game is basically an appearance item and the best in slot gear can all be bought for $100. The worst thing about the potency buff is that even when guilds clear content legit there will always be this pay to win cloud over everyone's head. It basically destroys the integrity of raiding.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I actually asked fyre to make the djinn master wrist super cool instead of being worse than instance gear from scorn and i didn't get a response.
  14. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

They will stop pay to win when people speak up and stop buying the items.

But there's apparently a lot of EQ2 players that enjoy the p2w and its sad.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

People will speak up by quitting, and if it was just me I would but I have a guild depending on me. I’ll be advocating moving on once we’ve had our fun with KoS. Familiars were a stupid mechanic but I was happy to grin and accept it since they were purchasable off the broker. The expansion bonuses and potency pots are going too far and I’m very unhappy. I’m particularly unhappy that rewards from clearing the hardest content in the game are WORSE than things you can buy for $150.
    Mizgamer62 and Draknox like this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

It doesn't, they need to make payroll in a dwindling genre.
    Bekkr, Ceyllynn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That's easy enough to buff and is a lot better and more practical feedback for a beta test, than calling for nerfing collector's items. They could also add or buff a mount at the city merchant. Don't know what to tell you about the illusion, except maybe they could do something like give the MoA a slightly better effect that does not stack with the CE illusion stats. Although even that kind of change is probably asking a lot. You can forget anything from DMP, that's old content after this beta test is over.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sure, I can ask for a buff to a mount that drops maybe 1/5 deathtoll runs? Assuming we even get to deathtoll half way through the 12 weeks i'm sure we can see 1-2 mounts tops?

I'm totally calling for a nerf to collector's items, they are ridiciulously overpowered and never should of been this strong. I don't care if daniel paid $130 for a mount. It's too overpowered, period.

Illusion should have stats stripped.

I shouldn't forget about DMP, its the only raid mount with fitzpitzle. Also seeing as how these collectors mount were implemented in DoF it makes sense for the mounts in THAT expansion to be = to the collectors.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Don't forget the LON cards which have PTW stats on them; cloaks and illusions with shields.

I think the xp pots are the only thing that isn't PTW in that list, because getting to level cap a few days sooner doesn't give you a stat advantage over the person who takes longer (as opposed to everything else listed there). XP pots, to me, are more "pay to get the grind over with faster", and while I would much, much, /much/ prefer the veteran rewards be available, it's a definite money maker for DBG due to the planned abysmal xp rate.

That being said, a chunk of raiders in my guild bought the CE or PE and now have the illusion and the mount and familiar, and I will never be able to catch up to them stat-wise. It simply isn't in game.
  20. Carynn Well-Known Member

I can't edit, but I forgot to add broker boxes in the PTW pile. Yes, you only get in game coin out of it, but people without the boxes have to sell their items from anywhere between 1g and 25g less to be competitive (or more, once you get into the higher plat selling). So in all, we're making less in game coin and thus can buy less in game items in return.