When will the pay to win end?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Papablaze Member

To be fair the LON items with shields hit for like 2-4 damage it's completely negligible. But the broker boxes suck.

On the bright side the potency gift bag is gone so we won team.
  2. Blaupunkt Active Member

It will only end when you stop playing this game.
  3. Springelf Active Member

The Gifty Bags seem to be gone from Live as well. Or they arent in the same place as on TLE. So who knows, they might come back and work on our server.

I doubt they will nerf collectors items. They would lose the confidence of the people willing to buy the items. And they would want future expansions to sell the same thing. Considering how many people I see with the mounts a lot of people bought it. Just like they bought KA and got those mounts which everyone used on raids.

If you dont want to buy it thats your choice. I chose to buy since it was an option. Not sure why anyone is surprised by any of this. People will complain and thats their right. People will say they are going to quit...but most wont actually do so.

/shrug
  4. Satyr Well-Known Member

Yeah, we will.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

I think many of us on TLE have quit before, the nature of the promotion of this TLE brought a number of us back, particularly with the general lull in MMO's available right now.

I wager many will quit again.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

A lot have already quit, I know we have gone through at least a raid force of people quitting due to the way the server is being handled.

I remember when the vote on stormhold was overwhelmingly against xp pots, mounts, and any pay to win things and they all slowly were implemented anyway.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

did you not read the red lettering on this mount you're complaining so much about? sure it can be ridden at 30, but the stat bonuses are 100, even on the TLE...
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Xiao Member

The content was broken when the game launched, broken when Stormhold/Deathtoll launched, and broken on Fallen Gate.

Don't spend another dollar on this game
    Dude likes this.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I wish I could use the face palm emoji here, but once again, people are here posting on things they have no idea about.

The mount says that yes, but it does give stats.
  10. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

You knew you couldn’t get XP pots before Fallen Gate even launched. Its a weak point for your overall argument. Don't demand change now. You can't claim those XP pots because you were clearly informed that you wouldn’t be able to, you know you can't get them, yet you're complaining about it?

You can get all the spells you need through spell drops. You want the grandmaster spells. (Which weren’t even as prevalent in the game as they are now).

"It obvious the community doesn’t want these things", how is it obvious the community doesn’t want them? Its more like YOU don’t want these things, therefore no one should have them. Thankfully you're not the entire community, you're a very small and insignificant representation of that community. Your toxic playstyle is well known on FG server. Always interjecting yourself in discussion attempting to troll and argue with folks in gen chat. Its like your stuck in high school still.

Your suggestions (oh boy!)
    No claim xp pots. You knew what you signed up for when you signed up.
    HAHAHA... not gonna nerf (use more mature words) anything. These have already been paid for. Keep dreaming, its not going to happen.

to sum it all up, you use the word "I" a lot. This game isn't about you. Its not yours, your opinion isnt the only one. Your input to discussion and your ideas are arrogant and selfish with no intention on helping the community. You're only concerned with you. (this is the toxic community folks)

Oh you mean they didn’t respond to your singular narrow minded suggestion immediately? The nerve of those people.

I doubt you and others like you are filled with nothing more than hot air. No sustenance, no heart. You and likeminded folks will continue to come here and bash DBG, EQ2, devs, etc. relentlessly, but you'll still pay the subscription, and buy the PTW items. You will... don't kid yourself.

Everyone else... nothing to see here. Its the same group of complainers and underachievers who will forever remain insatiable. Nothing will ever go right for them in the EQ2 life. There will alwys be a problem no matter what is done, what is explained, and what is made known to the coimmunity.

A select few will still attmept to claim the sky is falling, EQ2 FG is dead, Devs dont care, etc. etc. etc. The same song an dance.

Just ignore these tools, throw pieces of bread at this gaggle of geese.

Log into the game yourself you'll see. Lots of fun to be had. join the right guilds and hang with positive people (not any of these people in this thread or the guilds they are in)
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

That's not a good way to engage with the community Caith.
    Xiao and Adoninilol like this.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This dev alt really goes in on these TLE threads.
    Xiao likes this.
  13. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I understand you all hav e ahrd time beliving anything other than you own contrived reality, but the truth is money dosen't buy happiness, but it sure will buy you some time.

So those "pay to win" items can be seen as a way for people to enjoy the game who otherwise couldnt becuase of the required time investment. It seems to me that you all find that offensive somehow. LIke me buying XP pots, mounts, illusions, and what not affects your gameplay in some way, except it gives me a chance to be on the same level as the "hardcores."

You all level 70 yet? Yea you're almost there. So tell me how others buying items from the cash shop is affecting your game play when you're almost level capped and xPack is barely 24hrs old?

I say again. Another small group of loud players who want to preach doom and gloom for the server. Just stop already.

Luclin is your President!!
  14. Dimek Member

I hate toi admit it but I somewhat agree with Bulletcatcher, People complain about "pay to win" but yet I wonder how many of these complainers ( not saying all, but some) bought potions to level fast on KoS unlocking. There were already level 70's yesterday, ( mainly neustart and encore members). Personly none of these so called "pay to win" items bothers me in the least. And as a reply to someone in an earlier post about buying gear for $130 better then raid gear, where do you see this i see no gear for sale for that
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

The mount and familiar. Why make claims and contribute when you don't know what you're talking about?

People should not be able to buy items better than raid gear off the marketplace. People should not be able to spend money to get a 15% potency buff which would exceed in aggregate the total amount of potency gained from raid gear. You are deliberately trying to derail this thread, like you do all threads where people are trying to constructively criticise the game. I swear, I don't understand your motivations.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Really? Even the TLE is P2W now? Just when u thought that DBG couldnt make this game stink any worse then it has recent years. Disappointing, and even a bit suprising honestly. XP pots is one thing, but dollars for stats? Disgusting!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. SmakkUUp Member

I am being threatened with being banned for pointing out broken things. This game is a ******* JOKE.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

This really Caith or u guys just making fun because of his role as the White Knight of DBG? I remember him blowing up like this even a year ago everytime anyone had a complaint as If he had been personally insulted, so i wouldnt be suprised.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Idk i'm pretty sure he's just a huge troll or a whiteknight either way he comes across as a giant troll.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

He who must not be named is the only person that's managed to make in onto my forums ignore list.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.