When DBG... when?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Ghostouls, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

When is DBG going to finally implement Global Ignoring? How many people that play this game have multiple characters, and you have to ignore the same people constantly on ever single character on your account, individually.

For Instance, on my server we got one guy, trying to sell an old crate, for Krono. He has been at it for over a month now. When he figures out everyone has ignored that level 1 character, he makes a new one and spams the entire server again, repeatedly, and we all have to go thru the process of ignoring his latest level 1 character he just made for the purpose of spamming a sale.

We all know it's the same person... they have a Unique way of advertising with certain odd punctuation, and it's a copy and paste job, word per word, and same crate. Right now we are on the 5th or 6th iteration of this guy, trying to sell the same old crate. The rest of us are stuck ignoring him over and over and on every character.

Why can't we have a Global Ignore that would be a one and done thing? When you go to ignore, give a popup asking to choose to Ignore, or Globally Ignore... This is a long time coming, and really needs to be done.

Please consider this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just /report him every time he does this in the meantime.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

If it is a brand new level 1, it is more likely to be a brand new throwaway account than just a new character.

Also, global ignoring is a *terrible* idea. It is FAR too easy to abuse it in order to find out alts of folks who want to keep their toons separate.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is the excuse first SOE and every owner since has given for not allowing an /ignoreallalts command, and I STILL don't buy it. It's sad that for truly abusive people we end up having to have outside webpages and fora in which all the alts of a bad actor are listed so folks can comprehensively /ignore them all. It's NOT hard to find other people's alts as it is, and even if you do get some one being a stalker, well, /report and open a Support Ticket about that--I'll bet it's more rare than one person being obnioxious in the same way on all their alts, and would be a HUGE Quality of Life improvement to the game.

As to reporting this specific person with the throw-away lvl 1 alts, I would say to include in the body of the Support Ticket that you believe this person to be the same as toons X, Y, Z, etc. Look at your logfiles and pick out examples showing the similarities in the text as well as exact date/time. ALWAYS use /report when you see this guy, so you can reference the /reports in the ticket. Support *can* IP ban, and if they get evidence that this is the same obnoxious player, they have that option. But evidence is the key.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

As to your first point, I know for a fact that people do it, and while *most* of my alts are usually easy to tell because I name them similarly, I have alts that I make a point of naming differently and staying quiet on specifically because I don't want people to bother me with questions/requests to tank/etc. If someone could toss me on ignore on a throwaway FTP account and find my alts, that would absolutely be a problem for me. Whatever you think about it.

As for the other, in my experience most people don't stop spamming with one character because they got put on ignore, because people who put them on ignore were never going to buy from them in the first place. They make a new character to spam with on a new account specifically because their throwaway got banned. Technically I could be wrong, but none of those people would be keeping those characters active after making new ones unless that was the case, and the characters typically dont disappear.
    Aggy and Scrappyz like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Speaking only for myself, the day that I feel an overwhelming need to create a throwaway FTP account for the express purpose of finding someone's alts so I can bug them in game is a day I will voluntarily seek psychiatric help. You want to create a toon you can hang out on and do what you want to do and not be bugged online, then you should be free to do so. If others can't respect your need for privacy, you need to seek out different friends, teammates, guildies or raid people. Unless, ofc, they're paying your sub, and buy everything in game you might need, haha.

As for the other situation, their character might or might not have gotten banned. They will create new toons to spam whatever nonsense they feel compelled to throw out there. I can think of a few people who actually switched servers because they got put on /ignore so people wouldn't have to have general chat obliterated by their constant need for chatter or validation. I personally don't have an issue with a global command to ignore any and all toons on an account. But we'll agree to disagree on the need for it.
    Twyla, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

The problem is you're assuming I only mean people I would normally *want* to talk to.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just transfer to Thurgadin. There is hardly anyone on this server left. You get occasional messages in auction to sell/buy stuff and there is a solitary person sometimes asking for a group. I remember their name even because its only them...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, if they're people you don't want to talk to, it's called the /ignore command. I'm not seeing the problem here.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that you don't see the problem. Privacy matters, whether you guys like it or not
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Public Test. ;->

Bunch'a hard-working folks there doing their best to help out, when we get stuff to test. :-/

Usually I see TONS of folks on Thurgadin during EU hours (not so much US hours), especially with the guild I'm on in France, but they're a fairly raid-heavy guild.

And as for being irritated with Auction, do what I do: shut the damned thing off the minute you get in. Life's sooooo much quieter and easier that way. ;)

Uwk
    Test Taffies and Twyla like this.
  12. Feara Well-Known Member

Privacy does matter. I didn’t realize it could be trampled on by global ignoring.
    Thanks for bringing a side to this I did not see to light.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taled like this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

There's no disagreement on the issue of privacy, i.e. someone wanting to log in on an alt and not be bothered. Or being able to log in and not see the same mindless spam/chatter from idiots who get ignored and create yet one more toon. I would have thought you could have inferred that from the previous comments I made that you were replying to. It's the mechanism that's under discussion.
  14. Tupperbeast Active Member

I would like to have the opinion of the dev who programmed these stats in general, what was he thinking or what was his feeling?Why, because I'm also personally interested in it.Because, funnily enough, we have stats on decorations or in the AA skills on the live server, but they have no effect, which of course can also be read out via ACT.Strangely, these stats worked perfectly on the beta server, for example we're talking about Haste Flurry and and but on Live Server it don't work right. Why i ask some Classes need the Autoattack stuff.

Why do things like this always work on the beta server but not where they are even needed for some classes because these are not fixed or don't want to be fixed due to a missing class balance.Criticism is there to accept it, to face it, to change something or to share it with the community.I'm missing the facts here but the will to do this every year the same thing the players can test have to cry complain until something changes or maybe you want to fix something.Why not test things yourself and determine how it should be, and nobody can tell me that certain values cause the servers to run or something similar, which is sometimes a ridiculous statement when it is often communicated like that.

Pls check self most Servers have a very low Player Base atm, and the Addon is one reason for.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You just make your "hideout" toons on a separate account /shrug.
  16. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I agree to this general ignore idea unlike we have many peeps which keep wasting our time and or doing rubbish on our server Thurgadin or i dont like the word but its truly a fact some absolutly igorant and noobish players who keep wasting our time by wanting things to do which they arent geard or skilled enough for, to be honest a new player welcome every time and if he or she needs help all fine i am the last i who would say no, but over the years we had a lot of guys wo keep wasting time of other players joining groupes with toons i never would run a solo with and they want to do H1 H2 H3 or Highend stuff with.
    Thes guys seem to be absoluty pain freed to waste others time and these Guys i d like to IGNORE account wide on my Account and on thier Account evan every Toon of my i call it Enemy account for some of those guys you need more time to figure out which toon belongs to the Toxic Account than ignore account in general and the next thing is some of these guys keep changing names of toons very often.

We should go back to more with than against and follow the rules every commuity should have like

dont waste others time with toons they are not made or ready for the stuff to be done.
    dont kidda others by trash toons
    be honest if LFG with your stuff // stats you mention
    dont spam every s°°t in channels
    use implemented channels for postings like Auction for sell or buy
    use custom channels for custom postings for example General why we need postings in General out off english language most of the players from Europe evan cant understand or read things not spelled with the latain alphabet not to mention the fact most country origin language speakers have thier own custom channel for example GERMANY uses Valor German Channel mostly for every conversation in german , the frensh guys community have thier own custom channel too .

And yes i am with Tupperbeast we all know your Team is smal Devs so some issues // mistakes would or can happen all fine but set of a whole source of damage Example the whole mechanisem around AOE Auto attack nerved a lot of classes in general for like Bards // some Tanks // Every Scout in total and some Healers like Iquisitor // Channeler // Mysic.

We are saying to you form the beta thier is something deffinetly broken on the mages AOE Damage in general a scout is still able to do like 2 up to 10 times more DPS in AOE than a Mage for Example Warlock or Wizzy are ever able to do not to mention both use similar gear or have similar or equal stats in this case its a shame for us warlocks we keep posting issues since end of BOL and never got any answer or final date to be fixed its a absolutly frustrating thing if you have done everything your able to as a player gear up on nerly zenit gear all spells Ancient or better everything on Max level Mount , Familiar , Merc and your still not able to deal with a Scout T1 DPS cause something is broken in the calculation of Mages especialy Warlock DPS output.

Its a majpr fact i have tested in Every Tier of current content with my LOCK like 50% of time my Appocalyps ( Celestial ) is resisted 1 of 2 times casted on Trash // Nameds or Raid encounters same on Rift which resists very often too.
    And the Major genious idea was after ROS to cut down warlocks Cataclysm down to 7,5m Range it was 10m for ages and it was good this way and then the most major genious idea push this nearly usless cause of cutted range Spell with the EPIC Spell from RoR can a upgrade be more useless than this I GUESS not !!!!
    And the AA Side for being able to cast Deccimation instand as like Apocalypse do following the fact Deci is or was planed as replacement of Apo is still not fixed over like 3 Expas now , what the hell is so difficult to reimplement this part of the code its only a copy and paste because the line you need should still exsist because in BoL it worked after BOL this spell is absolutly useless.

Helfiren

Helfiren
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

I mean, sure, if I don't want any of the benefits of my paid account or expacs, or account wide achievements, or heirloom items, or ...

Why is it *my* job to make it easier for other people to ignore annoying people in order to protect my own privacy?
  18. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

I was not advocating that if there were a global ignore that it would ignore the person you want to ignore and every character on their account. I want to be able to ignore that ONE person, and have it carry over to MY ALTS so each one does not have to ignore them individually. Yes I would have to do it one time every time they made a new toon, but that's far better than ignoring their level one spambot 17 times every single time they make a new level 1 character and do it all over again. And now he's doing this on both Maj'dul server and Halls of Fate, so can't get away from him anywhere. And you just know it's the same person, they are always selling one of those crates, and they use the same wording verbatim, spelling, punctuations, errors, and characters in their ad, they don't even change it up.

Let's say he makes 3 new level 1 character per week. I have 17 characters. I have to ignore that junk 51 times. Where as with a Global Ignore that I am talking about, I only need to ignore him 3 times. If you just ignore that single character, not any of their account alts, then their names won't show up on the ignore list, only the ONE you ignored.
    Twyla, Geroblue, Test Taffies and 2 others like this.
  19. Test Taffies Active Member

Why is it so hard to understand that for those who "spam" the channels with the "they feel the need to repeatedly - sell or attempt to sell" whatever it is they want... be it kronos, items from in game etc. the point is...

how is global ignoring affecting your/someone's privacy?

I don't think it is, unless that someone tends to also be the one spamming the channels selling stuff. It is exactly why I don't play on certain servers anymore. The constant need to constantly ignore on all my different alts got tiresome. I like the idea of global ignore. If then - for some reason you have friended a person on that account (probability - not much - imo - because their words/wording would bother you) you could unignore that individual character?

however i don't think blocking IP's is necessarily a good idea because, if they move, their IP would change and someone could get stuck with the bad IP. At least as far as I understand that IP's are provided by ISP not the machine they work from.
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I'm curious, how does ignoring make it possible for the ignored person to find out my other alts?