What the... That's all what we get for all those collections?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Spunkel, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Spunkel Member

A neck with finisher IV ???

Just slightly better stats than the loot from the - by far - easiest raidzone. And that's it then?

Disappointing.

Forgot to express my thanks for the 3 Ferrin for the hand-in.
  2. Canth Active Member

I forgot to look at the link I saw, but please tell me it's heirloom so I can give it to an alt who might actually use it.
    Belenos likes this.
  3. Spunkel Member

japp, heirloom. alts may be happy about it...
    Belenos likes this.
  4. Rargo Active Member

Can you link the reward please?
  5. Spunkel Member

Wire doesn't update since yesterday. I've sent an ingame link to a guildmate of yours (Maree).
  6. Vasco Active Member

Pretty disappointing. At least make it a cb neck. So much potency items.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

Think I'm going to laugh if Finisher IV is only 62% and 120%; laugh harder if it is less.
  8. Daray Well-Known Member

Not sure why the choice of the Finisher line on it. It's going to be pretty useless for most classes, and it's still average for those that take more benefit out of that particular effect. You'd expect collection rewards to be something that is (almost) universally appealing. Something like Allied Strength 4, or a new effect loosely designed on it, would have been more appropriate.
  9. Canth Active Member

I can't get the link to upload but Finisher IV....55% potency to caster and 120% potency to damage when below 50%...........
  10. Vasco Active Member

You'll laugh so much, that you'll cry.

This neck is pretty much useless to healer. Add allied strength or critical in addition to finisher effect then it'll truly be an item worth chasing after!

Haro likes this.
  11. Spunkel Member

12. Breta Well-Known Member

utterly disappointing. What a waste of time getting all those shinies.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

At least they made the static 55% Potency on it apply to everything it seems.

But yeah, very underwhelming of an item, and not something many will spend time bothering to farm collections for.
  14. Margaritas Active Member

This isn't worth the effort. We've been looking for Dagger of Murder for days. DAYS. At least 12 zones a day. But the drop rate is fine.

[IMG]
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

By link they didn't mean a screenshot they meant a copy of an ingame link that will let them view it in the game by copying it.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, no sense of history in the young these days...times were in the lower level collections, since we don't have the answers to the question, "If I get all these, what's my reward?" on ANY third-party website now, when it was truly a crap-shoot (literally, at times; there was a guy who'd had a series of checklists of all the collections up to that point, with their rewards listed, but that was several expansions ago, and I don't know if it's even available any more). You could spend GOLD (back when that meant something) trying to complete a collection, only to turn it in and get.......silver? A few dozen, stinking SILVER for all that? Not even a House Item? Screw that. X-P

I vote that's yet another thing we need to see in this game: the collection rewards at least named in the Collection page of the Journal, right there by the Name, etc., with a way to Examine it. :-/

I mean, seriously; we don't have the Live Market servers of Vox and The Bazaar any more, so the Powers That Be aren't making any real money off the collection pieces, so why not? :-/

EDIT: hmm, looks like collections are up in EQ2 Furniture, but I'm not sure if it's just for House Items (works for me, but maybe not anyone else here?), and you probably need to know what you're looking for. :-/

Uwk
    Belenos and Brennin like this.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'd use it on my tank... NOT!

All the shiny quest rewards should be a class based choice imho.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'd agree with you except all the prior meta - meta collections at least gave something everyone really wanted at the end. Finishing the meta - meta requires a lot of work and luck and most often a lot of plat.

Stormraven - The Cellar Dweller (who gave the reward to an alt).

I also have the Mithril Ring of Amplified Power, which at least has Mit on it so I do use it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Spunkel Member

Mit wasn't on the ring as it went live. It was added later on, after more people had shown that they were clearly unhappy with the item as it was.

Yes... I would have used the link to eq2wire if wire would have worked as intented. I had forgotten that the direct link would have been an option:
    \aITEM 1108147178 932717123 0 0 0:[Torque of Ancient Feydwer]\/a
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Lucus like this.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'd use the neck it if it had mit on it for sure, still haven't seen a better tank neck than the handcrafted one I'm using.
    Wintir and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.