What the hell? Bucklers?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Culliganator, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Culliganator Guest

From further reading it would seem that the game simply needs an overhaul on the 2-handed weapons. If they predominantly get disenchanted by high end guilds then there is a design flaw that needs addressing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Culliganator Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Like any good business, Sony's defintion of stuff will be in-line with whatever their customer base wants. You aren't the only one who reads these boards...
  3. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Culliganator wrote:
    No it isnt, otherwise items/spells would never be nefred, we wouldnt have to deal with bugs, and all classes would be balanced. Sonys vision is what they want it to be, and thats it.
  4. ARCHIVED-LockyK Guest

My berserker in D&D wears plate...
    you just rolled the class if it doesn't fit your vision roll another... there is plenty to chose from and I'm sure one of em will fill the void.
  5. ARCHIVED-Davish_Darkwolf Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:

So if SOE makes the zerker a flying toilet you would still be happy, wouldnt you? Cause they can turn the word Berserker into whatever they want to be?

I never said i dont like my Zerker, hell i've been playing one since the release, with no alts (cant say the same about you "Guardian"????).

All im saying is that the traditional Zerker aspect seen in EVERY other RPG needs some loving, not JUST 1 valid spec but 3.

If you have 1 spec that is both the best Tank and best DPS at the same time, doesnt that render the other 2 completely useless? Then why have some many variety if you are pigeonholed into 1?
  6. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Davish_Darkwolf wrote:
    You make me laugh, alot.
  7. ARCHIVED-Davish_Darkwolf Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Funny, i felt just the same by reading your sig.
  8. ARCHIVED-CrazyMoogle Guest

If you have to resort to using any derivative of the term "cookie cutter" to justify why you're intentionally using a gimped spec on your character then you've already lost the argument.

Just sayin'.
  9. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Davish_Darkwolf wrote:
    Hi, like my custom title?

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

LoL SKEL!! See, even SOE thinks you are a betrayer to us!!
    Thats pretty bad a55.. lol.
  11. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

the whole wearing plate thing is pretty much out because of the appearance slots so that's a non-issue.
    I did fine with dual wield or 2 hander as long as I wasn't tanking in Rok or x4 raids. I'm a tank for RoK instances though...so yea I need the buckler.
    So do what you want.
  12. ARCHIVED-Culliganator Guest

RufusDeMarko wrote:
    I think they need more warrior archetypes to choose from. Maybe the next expansion? If they do that then they should probably revamp the "Berserker" or maybe rename it to something else (gladiator) and then make a real berserker.
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

So you want a warrior that doesnt wear plate and uses big 2 handers or DW? Yeah the game totally doesnt have that already, they should deffinatly make a new class for it....
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

From what I understand about this post, you are ranting that the game should be designed in a way such that it is 100% in line with your definition of fantasy. How arrogant is that boast?
    Class definitions are in fact whatever the artistic license of SOE designates. You can submit complaints with your justifications but it all really boils down to the fact that you are a dust particle to them.
    Many of the RPG class systems are revamped and retooled and often improperly "named". Try balancing this entire game in every aspect class-wise and still maintain the "traditional" titles you think classes should have. It just won't happen. Look at World of Warcraft, for instance, where a priest can do as much or more DPS as a rogue. I guarantee you won't find many old RPG players saying that is in line with how the class should be, but that is how it is. Along the same lines, this isn't World of Warcraft. I don't play this game because I know that if I complain enough the developers will change the entire game to my liking. I play this game because I like this game. So do you. If you don't like the game, don't play it.
    If the WoW argument isn't sound enough for you then check out Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition that is coming out in June 2008. The entire game is being revamped and certain classes that have existed for 40 FORTY FORTY years are being completely removed. They are even removing the gnome race!!!! All RPGs are based around the definitions that this pen and paper game created. If you want to complain, email Wizards of the Coast and come back to the forums to tell me if they even care enough to respond.
    On the final note, you're arguing with Skel. I'm not sure if you're aware, and you're probably not, but at one point he was one of the top berserkers in the world. He is very intelligent and reasonable, and he knows what he's talking about. Pay his responses respect. Thank you for your time.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

I'm of the opinion that they never intended the buckler line to be so overpowered as it is, was probably just supposed to give people a hybrid build between the tower shield and 1H tanking build, and the DPS builds with dual wielding or 2handers. And im sure someone is going to go all crazy cause I called it overpowered but consider this if your familiar with Magic: The Gathering, do you remember a card called Skullclamp and the reasoning for why it ended up being banned in MTG?
  16. ARCHIVED-EndlessHurt Guest

Appearance tab FTW if they don't fit your envision of a 'berserker' in PLATE.
  17. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

why just resort to the appearance tab?
    you know there is tons of chain and leather that adds quite a bit of DPS for us so if that is truly how you feel like playing then do it and quit complaining that other people like to kill a mob and live.
  18. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

I'm of the opinion that they never intended the buckler line to be so overpowered as it is, was probably just supposed to give people a hybrid build between the tower shield and 1H tanking build, and the DPS builds with dual wielding or 2handers.
    Isn't that what it is now? I think you can get higher DPS with Dual Wield and higher defense with Tower if you tried hard enough. Each way sacrifices the other though and the STA build is good solid DPS with good, solid defense. It's not GREAT dps (although in certain setups I'm sure it could be) nor is it GREAT defense.

It's been said many times that it's the best "bang for the buck" in our warrior tree.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

RufusDeMarko wrote:
    that only holds if in a situation where you want to be tanking you would be significantly better with an AP specced tanking build or in a pure dps motivated situation the same thing as it seems now its the best build for any situation...and like I mentioned with skullclamp its distorting the entire class. to the point even if you want a pure solo build or a pure grouping build you still have to pick up the bloody dinner plate or suffer.
  20. ARCHIVED-Culliganator Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    I would try that but all of the quest rewards are offering only plate and that is really pigeon-holing my choices. I have also noticed some "shield only" CAs. This means that if you do not have a shield equipped you are missing out on some CAs. All other CAs can be performed with a shield equipped.