What new features would you want for character creation?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-littleman17, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Chondrichtheyia Guest

Actually, they furries can sport pseudo-tattoos by way of branding. Yep, whereas the humanoids get inked, the zoo folk can get branded with various symbols and lettering just like we brand cattle.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seraki Guest

Shalla@Valor wrote:
    [p] [/p][p]I joined EQ2 beta just before the beta 2 server went up. That was about a month before launch .. maybe a tad less. This model was not there then, I dont know when the more homely models came in but I know that a simblance of the curren models is all I saw. The high elves and wood elves did look much better in beta. I have a shot of my beta wood elf, if i can remember to put together a comparison and you want to start another thread so we dont highjack this one Ill post it. At any rate its a shame that the human models dont look like this cause its a million miles of better. The models dont have to be complex to be attractive, just drawn well.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

Ya, I could almost swear those models were from alpha.
  4. ARCHIVED-Smythy Guest

That sounds like a really cool idea. Brands hmmm. I wonder what patterns they could pull off. But about the critter species. They are the only ones i really play, i would love to see some love towards them with new fur/scale/skin(froglok) designs. It wouldnt be that hard, you could just go to a pet shop and look at them or even on the internet (what ever that is)
  5. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

[p]I thought on it a little more... imagine sliders for extra texture detail... For example, we have an age slider now... How about a slider for freckles and other complexion details... Granted, that could also be done in a menu fashion, but sliders to determine the severity of the details... Maybe even a few makeup options for the women, or even eyeliner options for men (what if you wanna play a pirate with darkened eyes? or somebody who looks like they dabble in magic and has naturally darkened eyes?)... Little things could make ALL the difference in the world. Rather than multiple faces to play with, this could really make for huge differences - better recognizability... Perhaps a few different lip styles to play with, or eyebrow textures as well? Feathery eyebrows, solid eyebrows, those annoying owl-like eyebrows that some men seem to get... That could bring all the races into comparable customizability with the Fae and Arasai...[/p][p] Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, I'm totally tired beyond belief and about to go to bed. [/p][p] I don't think full on body dimension sliders are a good idea - I imagine they have a hard enough time fitting armor to models as is... details on the armor could be lost, misshapen, etc by this sort of alteration as the fundamentals are totally different from games like City of Heroes where costumes are primarily texture differences over a limited amount of models. Make sense? At least, I think I'm right in these thoughts - if I'm wrong, please do correct me. I don't want grossly proportioned characters. Would I like them to be able to make fat, skinny, etc? SURE! Maybe after model optimization happens, that can become a reality - but if they are trying to streamline the models so as to a more steady production of armor, etc, then this could be hiiiiighly counterproductive unless the same distortions were applied to the armors as well at the same time. Thusly, it would likely have to be a few different body types for each race/sex combo - and applied to the armors at the same time... At least, I would imagine so. ^_^ Of course, as I said before, I could be wrong - I am grossly unfamiliar with the concept of modeling and game engines.[/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

[p] My very first Beta character was a female human paladin, and at the start she really hadn't the sad face that all human females now have. Then maybe 3-4 weeks before the release they changed the models, they got much bigger boobs .. lol ... and the got the ugly faces we now have. I'm not totally sure if they looked like on these pictures .. but i'm sure they looked at least much better then now.[/p][p]The longer i think about it, i want to swear she looked like the model on the second picture, however i'm not sure if the first picture is also another model, or if she just looks so much better because of the better quality.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

[p]I think a more realistic hope would be to give more options in the customizations that are currently available rather than hoping to get huge changes like body sliders.[/p][p]Having more options to vary the accessories and hairstyles would do worlds of good for me. I want a troll female with hair and an eyepatch for example (right now I can pick one or the other).[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

I would like to see the mouth fixed on human females in the original model art. Those alpha models look great compared with that funny mouth on the ones we have now. I have tried making humans more than once but I just can't stand that mouth... I'm an artist myself and I know exactly what's wrong with it so it irritates me no end. Argh! Hand me an eraser! Other than that, more hairdos and adornments for the face and hair are always welcome. Frogs could stand a greater size range on the slider.
  9. ARCHIVED-Faerless Guest

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the Dark Elf males all looking like they've burned their lips on a crack pipe. I think I'd change that.
  10. ARCHIVED-Seraki Guest

The soga dark elf male models have white lips for some reason. Its a shame too because aside from that its the only soga model I like. Back when they bought the soga models in though they said after the first adjustment ( that was mainly for grahpic glitches with armor) there would be no changes in soga models. That could have changed I guess [shrug] it was a long time ago.
  11. ARCHIVED-Faerless Guest

12. ARCHIVED-FlamingDuck Guest

lol I am so glad I'm not the only one irked by the human female mouths. It's same with female dwarves too. Both look very wrong. They always look too unnatural for some reason. With human females especially, no matter how much you tweak that damn mouth, it always has that tight or weird too pouty look to it. Same with the rest of their features too you can tweak all day but they always look like close relatives.
  13. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

[size="medium; color: #ff66ff"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]I do think the lips are awkward too. ^_^ And they curl strangely to me on human females.[/face][/size]
  14. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

I'm having more and more problems with all mouths. The neutral expression just looks worse and worse. It looks CLENCHED. Using /mood just makes them even worse. Maybe more subtle expressions would make everyone look a little less constipated without looking insane.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lorren Guest

More hairstyles please ... especially long hair styles, we really dont have any :-( & the few we do are all ponytails & whatnot ... I want to see a few long flowing hair styles that are not tied back.
  16. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

One thing I would like to be able to do is choose the class before the appearance. I waste an awful lot of creation time on characters who look terrible in their class armor, esp robes.
  17. ARCHIVED-transcendant Guest

I really like some of the non-jewelry accessories, but it seems that only gnomes and ratonga get them, the other classes sould have a chance to have glasses, monacles, maybe even goggles, eye-patches. Also, since we are rugged adventurers, shouldn't we get some sort of scars, burns, etc?
  18. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

long hair seems to be really hard to do in games with out either being made of hard plastic or drifting into and body (RE: DOA4, very pretty game, but the hair it doesn't exactly work good.)
  19. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

[ol][li]Ear/facial Piercings for all races/gender.[/li][li]Tatoos/scars/brandings for all races/gender.[/li][li]Text under race listing starting cities available to them some good guys cannot start in Kelething and some bad guys cannot start in Neriak, it would be nice to know before designing your character. I find myself flipping to the city page to make sure I can start where I want to before going back to design my caracter. It just seems really out of order. [/li][li]Following the "out of order"comment, it may be beneficial to simply have one screen that lets you select race/city/profession rather than three and inturrupted by character customization. This way you could get a side by side view of where your character can live and what they can do there. Then, let the final steps be to customize your character then to name and choose their server.[/li][li]Scale body weight slightly (not a big dramatic change, but there should be SOME variation of body mass from one character to the next aside from height - not everyone is proportioned properly). From an RP point of view, it would be nice to be allowed to start you character off as a scrawny starving lil' thing on the island and let them get more muscular and fit as they get more experiened.[/li][li]Remove hair doodads from hairstyles and add them in as optional accessories.[/li][li]Additional body patterns for iskar and kerran.[/li][li]2 color selectors for iskar and kerran patterns (a base color and a pattern color - think SWG wookiees).[/li][/ol][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-scarletbegonias Guest

[p]Seeing starting stats would be nice...[/p][p] As a tooltip function... when you hover over the class name.. it should pop up with the adjusted racial/class stats you start with. (str/sta/etc)[/p][p] [/p]