What i've done and what's to come

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Shadowplay, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

I wanted to give a little sneak peak at some of the items that will be coming your way and what is currently being worked on as well as what is currently available but may have been overlooked.

First what is available:

The Exquisite Acorn Chest. The great acorns of faydwer are first cut and combined with a rune carved wooden base. The leaves are kept green and healthy with a bit of druid magic. The locks and bolts are crafted by dwarven silversmiths.

[IMG]

The Engineers Bouquet. Gnomes are not adverse to nature as some think, on the contrary, nature is a wonderful inspiration to imitate and fabricate. The best mechanics show their romantic side by giving their tiny significant others a gift of flowers, mechanical flowers. Others just love the sweet gasoline smell that only petrol covered posies can bring to a room and make sure to line their rooms up with rows of tinkered tulips.

[IMG]

The following items have already been accepted and are on the way.

A collection of Koi. Only 3 of the koi shown here will be coming to game at the moment. If they do well they will possibly allow more. I kept the price low so you will be able to fill grab a couple sets and fill out your ponds and tanks.

[IMG]

Koi love to come to the surface and be pet and fed. This can be an issue when crossing your lakes and ponds. This quaint little bridge should help.

[IMG]

For those with more exotic aquatic tastes these giant Norrathian Seahorses may make a splash with your interests. These rare animals come from deep below the seas east of faydwer. The average stands as tall as a human at the shoulders. The bulb above its head lets off a translucent glow to help see its way in the tropical depths.

[IMG]

Far from the ocean, the dark elves use this book, filled with dark sermons, to play out haunting melodies on an assortment of instruments.

[IMG]

What better to play these songs on, then this old organ, used for a few centuries to perform ancient rituals upon.*

[IMG]

* There were a few improvements i made to the organ after this picture was taken , however my computer is currently in storage along with all my older work.

The newer version can be found here.

http://sketchfab.com/mlkj3h2ec0
    Cassta, TarnaX, Margaret and 5 others like this.
  2. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

A sneak peak of whats to come:

I will be creating an ongoing loose narrative for the next 20 items. I cant say more then that but heres a small peak of some of the things being worked on.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Cassta, Charlice, TarnaX and 4 others like this.
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

I love your items! Can't wait to get ahold of those Koi and seahorses :D
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

I love these!
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Oh wow, oh wow. Awesome job Shadowplay! Love the Koi, Seahorses and the Acorn. Thank you for the Quaint Pond Bridge, I have been holding out on building one for The Vale. There is really only so much creating I want to do. I love to be able to play with items that are already created. You have me totally excited about the boats and intrigued about the Old Tower and Tea Shop.

Carry on!

Kindest Regards ~
  6. Karrane Well-Known Member

I love your bridge and the Koi =) And I can't wait to see the gondola and swan boats.

I like our boats from SC but they are too big for the water areas in some of the prestige homes.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You can shrink 'em to about the size of a slightly larger than usual rowboat. But yeah, I see where you're coming from with that. :-/

Uwk
    who, if he wants to do a rowboat, had better get a couple of those Briarwood Bookcases together...maybe four, so the planks of one can cover for the gaps of the other :-/
    Cassta, Karrane and Feara like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Great sneak peek! With all the grease and oil and smoke around them, I've come to the conclusion that gnomes must be immune to pollution. ;->

Uwk
    Cassta and Feara like this.
  9. Athenia Well-Known Member

Absolutely wonderful! The pond bridge is beautiful and I love the tome. :) Looking forward to seeing these in-game!
  10. knightowl Member

I really like the koi. I recently renovated and restored my outdoor pond and populated it with goldfish, so I guess I'm biased. :)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do the koi actually show up in a water effect, or are they like the "collection reward" fish that disappear the minute you try to get them in water? :-/

Uwk
    who likes a fishing challenge as much as the next kitty, but invisible fish (that are only visible when they're hovering over the water) are a bit much ;->
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of fish, it just dawned on me...looks like the Leviathan had leapt right out of that one painting! :)

Uwk
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Koi and the pond bridge are MIIINE when they become available. Nice work! :)
  14. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

The koi are actual models and will show up in any water source. The Leviathan was modeled after the one in Leviathan Unbound, i have wanted that in game since i first got that painting in 94-95.
  15. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for positive feedback. I appreciate everyone who has purchased one of my items from the station store. I try to keep them reasonably priced.

Please continue to support Player Studio and Player Studio artists, many of the artists work very hard and devote much time to making these things and some are really starving artists who live off this and other freelance work.
  16. Karrane Well-Known Member

I know they can be shrunk Ewk, but they dont look normal like that.

Lol, I usually use the wheelbarrel as a small boat. It will be nice to have a boat with no handles !!! =P
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

I'll show you a sneak peak at the "common" everyday rowboat a little later. Gonna have to wait on the other boats though, they are a suprise.
    Karrane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Brujita Member

Absolutely love the koi fish and the bridge....totally awesome :)
  19. Aeryiana New Member

oh wow love love love the seahorses and the koi fish, one of my favorite things to decorate in game are aquariums and those seahorse would look great in them =)
  20. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I'm so excited about the fishies! Great job Shadow! <3 <3