what is this stat inflation ?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Earar, May 9, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

is it only me who isn't happy about those new orange runes ?

+200% max health
    +400% pot
    +400k ab mod ?

what is that ?

I'm not impressed, I'm tired of all this grind. We have ascension XP, tithe, spells that don't drop, fragments, gear ... I can't do it anymore.
    And since those addorns are no trade, u have to do battlegrounds with mains and alts to get them.

the non stop grinding ... is too much. I cannot even enjoy my gear that there is new one.

and the heritage quest finished in one night. I mean it's heritage, should be a bit hard. Gnope ...

same for the white adorns, nice for adorners, u cannot make them, u can only get them into battlegrounds. thanks for crafting. U force us to be tradeskillers 100 but make tradeskill completley useless.

and the stat inflation is just too much. I may be the only one thinking that, but I can't stand the grind ... and again, people will be split between heroic, expert, BG ...

and IF .. some classes are stronger in BG ... you'll only see them and not the others coz not good enough ?

anyway ... we'll see what happens next
    Beee, Steelviper, VGScastaway and 2 others like this.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

Itemization has been completely out of control for years.

The only way out is scrapping the entire itemization and starting from scratch, but given the size of the dev team that isn't feasible.

So you will keep getting those soft itemization resets that lift everyone to previously unimaginable numbers over and over again.
    dirgenoobforreal and Feldon like this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

but is it what people want ?
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ooo! what house item did it render?!!?
    and can you verify if one MUST have their Epic 2.0 to complete?
  5. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I have these feelings a lot. Especially when I have limited time during the week to actually play. Lately, i'm stuck to when I raid, and not too much else on top of that. So all of a sudden the game becomes a job. And then aside from the 'ok checking in to do my job' aspect, there is the grind to be concerned with. Go grind out this. Go grind out that. It becomes a second job to your primary job. And yet you have to do both in order to keep your character at the top of his game. Which will never be the top of THE game, because someone else has more time and money to spend than you do. And even then, you might get the best stats in your group, but because of procs and rng, you're still going to be outshined at times by others. Which is deflating on top of it all.

So I feel you. I enjoy playing this game when I can sit down and spend some time with my guild. Some of the most fun I've had recently is helping people burn off ascension in some of the easier current zone. Just relax and blow stuff up with others. I HOPE the battlegrounds get smoothed out, so this idea of just kind of relaxing while having fun working towards rewards with guaranteed currency can be a thing for a while. But as of right now, the burnout is real.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

No house item from examining it. And you do not have to have epic 2.0 completed to do it. I completed on an alt that wasn't even ascension 5 yet. :)
    Earar likes this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

wait.what?!
    no,... house,... item!?
    pheh.
    This Heritage quest now labeled as superfluous.

Thank you for insight Charryna :)
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah complicated. I want to have a good geared toon .. 3 actually (though the warden is falling a bit behind .. because it's hard to group with her) and with all the grind I feel the burnout coming.

really need to step down or I'll stop enjoying the game. too much grind ...

but what I realised .. is nobody is forcing me. :) except me ^^
  9. knine Well-Known Member

but its proving grounds.. they didn't need to put huge orange adornments on it.. they didn't have to make gear better than all t1/t2 raid gear lol.. they could make it use only in proving grounds gear and if you want to pvp.. so be it.. but instead you give items that can be worn in pve and stats are crazy now because of it.. battlegrounds 2.0.. forcing us to do it for gear and or giving it to people who don't for gear now... make it battlegrounds only...
    Xephane likes this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

it's not pvp

think like that .. it's cool new gear for people who want it but it's not MUST HAVE gear.

u can live without, so it's your choice.

what I'm interested in .. are the white adorns, coz I can't afford the wantia ones, but I'll pass on the orange runes and the gear ... no matter how good they are.

The white runes will still be good for most gear, the orange runes are limited to orange slots adorns. so yeah .. it's like everything, u take what u want, no need to do everything. and enjoy the content they gave us .. hoping all bugs are fixed today :)
  11. Dagada Member

Why would you pass on the orange adorns? The ring alone is awesome.
  12. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If they fix it so that I can get into the PG either as a group or solo and get some rewards no matter if win or lose, then I will say fine. But if these PG stay as they are...it's going to feel like quite a let down and terrible grind. But we all know that if you're especially a dps class in a raid, you are going to want at least some of this gear for fear of falling behind others who WILL get it. And if you're a tank and want to keep up with the aggro, it's probably a good idea to at least get some of it as well.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

what I dislike for tanks is everytime there is items like that, I will lose mitigation. because there is only 1 ring, 1 tome of the ascended ...

and I can use mitigation stuff. I feel a bit fragile as a bruiser somtimes :(
    Mathafern likes this.
  14. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I agree that the one size fits all pattern is kind of boring, and in your case disheartening. I like having a clear path to follow for a great item. However, I like how in the past we would get a choice.
  15. Moss Well-Known Member

Grind in eq2:

- epic 2.0 spell fragments
    - familiars
    - tithe
    - expert/master page
    - expert/master recipes
    - proving ground currency
    - shinies

soon we will add:

- ethereal event currency
    - new TLE xp and heritage quests for live rewards

All of those needed if you want to do high end content, or if you want the best for your toon.

As you said, too much grind, no place for alts or returning players, most of the BIS equipments/adorns obtained playing solo.I do not plan to play 18h a day or exploit the game to have a decent toon.

But the best is to come, in a few month the new expension will be released and we will have even more things to farm.

Of course you could claim that not all of those are needed, that you could play without doing all those useless grind, but the question is why I'm playing this game and not another, I've already lost all interest in playing my other accounts, I've stop to care to keep my alts at their best. If I'm expected to do the same on my main toon then I should better look somewhere else.

I encourage anyone that care for this game to seriously revise all of those unnecessary grind mechanism. We do not expect to be full geared in a week, but not in two years either.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Some people have this view that its an mmo and there is suppose to be a grind element. I understand where they are coming from but there is something known as an acceptable grind where you progress slowly and with hard work and effort accomplish an objective and then there is artificial gating mechanism in place to not just hinder the player progress but to cover up a vastly failing system based on poor development decisions.

Never in the history of this game, I remember that items behind every tier of content are being replaced within weeks of them being released. If you have put in time and effort to get something difficult to get, at least let it stay relevant for the duration of the expansion. It was like this but not anymore. To make matters worse, incredibly powerful items are doled out left right and centre to appease a player base who I am certain does not want any of this. Moreover, the blatant selling of the most powerful spells in the game for money. I mean, may be if this game was completely free to play and had no subscription model but what on earth are you folks doing? I have played mobile phone games that have better standards on microtransactions.

Even the devs are admitting that itemisation is out of control. The only plausible explanation behind continuing in this way is the corporate heads at DBG who are trying to streamline development cycle by putting out game updates that are elaborate in advertisement but has a depth of a puddle in order draw in new players and/or the players who are not overly concerned with such matters. I cannot imagine a long time developer would deliberately develop content like this.

The game is at an all time low currently. Some players are offering free help to devs in order to restore some semblance of what the game once was and should be like.
    Xephane and Kalika like this.
  17. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Yes, there are some issues with the stats. There is also plenty to do, and paths to go down, and things for people to do together as a group.

I have played other MMOs which felt perfectly balanced... and had absolutely nothing to do. That was how they achieved their balance, by being static for so long that things could be tuned just so.

I much prefer the chaos of a constantly changing game with things to do, grinds to grind. This does leave some people behind and others are miles ahead, but that's much better than a game where everyone caps out completely even after a short playtime and everything that is left is getting different appearance gear.

I also like the sense that if I get stuck on one thing, I can go do something else for a while and get stuff which will help me progress further. The time gating is a little artificial, but it does serve some purpose. For instance, you run heroics pre-ascension. Then you get ascension abilities and epic quest gear. Then an epic. Then you step up to experts. Then you gear up expert gear. There is a sense of progression.

I do agree that more options on gear would be nice rather than the one-size-fits-mage selections currently offered for some items. When BIS items just happen to have no mit on them it forces tanks to make bad decisions. Fixing the SK epic was a step in the right direction.
  18. Raenius Well-Known Member

Simple: they have recognized that it didn`t matter so far if you have 16million or 24million hp as a tank when you can get oneshot by 60million+ per swing.

Instead to painstakingly balance every mob on its own, you just introduce hilarious buffage everyone can get in order to avoid potential problems.

Poor choice? Could be - but at least people have a goal to go for.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

My famous words - "I TOLD YOU SO!" :)
    Grouping is all but dead now (see the below reason why)
    a) everyone NEED grid to 4 Ascend level 10 - group exp not worth time and with sheer amount of scrolls that are available?
    b) regular heroic (except may be for shrouded temple) bear no loot (except for shiny) that is worth going into for decent geared players and not worth time and efforts for players (alts) for those for whom such gear could serve as an upgrade
    c) experts with PUG ... yeah right best joke I heard
    d) you have so much time in game and even for semi casual it normally at most 3 hours per night and most of this time for most of veteran players now days split between raiding and (a) until it completed and PG grind
    Kalika likes this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Oddly as a scout my BL "mostly" geared in mitigation gear lol