what is this stat inflation ?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Earar, May 9, 2017.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

I am not definitely not happy with them. If there is a new slot out and only one adornment for that slot currently, people will get that adornment regardless of the stats. The primary weapon proc for 150% fervor only needed the fervor for everyone to get it. It could have had like 20 potency and 1,000 ability mod. Yes, those numbers are low compared to current stat inflation, but it doesn't matter that much as the rune won't be replaced.

However, I am not pleased with gu103 at all. As a hardcore raider, I expect the best gear come from content that is hard and challenging. Yet, we just got 3 new best in slot gear pieces, a ridiculous orange adornment for each piece, and better white adornments from something that isn't really challenging, but time consuming. I suppose being part of the 1%ers means that I don't get catered to as much as the casual players are. Proving grounds gear is no different than when PvP/BG gear was best in slot on live for some time. I have little to no interest doing this based on how time consuming it will be.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  2. Oaklite Member

It's fascinating to me that a few patches ago when all but the 1%ers got nerfed to hell and put such a massive gap between us and them that couldn't be closed anymore and now the 1%ers wanna cry over some stat boosting that the 99% can actually obtain?

Lol
    Xephane, Moorefallen and Prissetta like this.
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

It's not necessarily just the 1%ers.. With all these "BiS" items that are soooo easy to get without raiding, what do raiders, hardcore or casual, really have to strive for?

-Collection Neck
    -TS cloak(Arguable due to t3 cloaks being able to be infused), later to be replaced with Summer Eth event Cloak
    -Epic weapon
    -Eth secondary
    -Items from epic quest(Arguable due to Ascension boosts)
    -Items from burnt key(If one is lucky enough to get one)
    -4 ascension charm

Now you introduce a new ring that's "BiS" and I guess the gloves/legs due to their orange adorn, that can be done just by grinding tokens and what's left for raiders to get? 5 armor pieces and a few jewelry pieces?
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Sounds like a few people need to step back a bit. Don't turn your game into a job. Its supposed to be fun.

I look at it as..."I always have something to do when I do sign in"
    Prissetta and Snikkety like this.
  5. Veta Well-Known Member

What "few" patches ago did the 99%ers get nerfed and not the 1%ers? I looked as far back as March, which was more than just a few patches ago, and see nothing that changed any sort of items/abilities. If anything, the 1%ers that grinded out tithe was the most recent nerf because there was a gap that needed to be lessened between the hardcore and casuals.
  6. Moorefallen Active Member

IMO The game needed this close gap Itemization in order to help new or returning players get in shape faster for current content. Is it a grind fest? .... sure but at least its current content grinding to be relevant. Just my thoughts on it. take it as you will.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

BG coins are for the account, but I will equip my main, and then forget BG
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Raiders should be in it for the fun and challenge of the content, and the progression of the storylines, just as much if not more so then the gear that drops. if they only reason you bother to raid is for the 'phat lootz' then why bother raiding at all, just wait till they get sold in the auction channel.

the Raider should be distinguished by the fact they killed those mobs. there's gear in there that can't be gotten any other way (except via SLR, but even then there are titles and such that are earned), but that doesn't mean that ALL the super powerful ultra nice gear should be locked behind that raid wall. I raided not becuase I gave a damn about the gear or much cared for the fights, but because I wanted to see the storylines finish. and honestly after the epilogue quest in KA...my enthusiasm to raid dropped like a stone.

having someone ***** or give me orders or put up with some of the people in vent or waiting around for loot ain't fun for me in 99% of cases. I did it because if I didn't put up with the ******* players, didn't have to roll my eyes at the occasional raid leader rant, or drum my fingers on the desk waiting for loot to be done, I didn't get to see the outcome of the storylines. Well I know the outcome of the KA storyline. and short of kills for my Epic 2.0, my ethusiasm to raid really isn't there.

the 4 ascention charm is great, so is the TS cloak, the Epic, and the peices from the Epic line, the eth secondary is a yay. burnt key? entirely luck based. so eh. the collection neck? the neck I got from the Kly is damn near equal to it. some stats are better, some are worse, adn the effect on it effects higher ranking Thaumatury spells rather then all 4 basic attacks.

but really, that's what? like 10-12 peices(depending on if you wear any of the ascention earrings), other then the entirely luck based burnt key, that are super nifty and got via things other then raiding. out of what 28 or something slots? so roughly half your 'really nice' gear can be gotten without having to raid, but some requires grouping and other stuff can be done solo but is faster if you can consistantly group (the PG stuff)

Raiders need to stop thinking that the only thing that should matter about raiding is the Gear. if your not there for the fun or challenge fo the fights, if your not there for the continuation of the storylines, then why bother at all if you can just buy it later anyway.
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

The challenge is fun.. however the fact that I need to run PG to get the orange rune so that I can bump my health up 200% to make the T4 raid mobs doable isn't fun. You are right, its not all about the gear, but catering to people because they simply can't run advanced solos to heroics to raid like any other progression is crazy.. I don't raid hardcore, but I enjoy seeing the challenge and loot from the drops, but when I get them and its disappointing because I could spend 4.5 days worth of playtime in PG to obtain the ring and maxxed orange rune which makes anything t2 or below look petty, its kinda crazy.. How does it make the challenge fun, when there is no reward???
    Earar likes this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

if it's not about gear ... then why are all people runing PG ?

raid is about gear, challenge, achievement, playing with 23 other people and take down hard mobs. But it's also about gear.

guess half of the raid force wouldn't raid as much without the good gear from it.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Part of the 'fun' (for many people) is improving your character. A large part of improving your character comes in the form of better gear.
    Scrappyz likes this.