What doesn't fit in the home depot?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Denmum, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

ok, found another one.. an item from tinkerfest (think it's sold on the vendor, but I don't remember)

\aITEM 1599953441 1570721735:Cognatic Bixie Bopper Plushie\/a (Cognatic Bixie Bopper Plushie) it does stack (have 2 in my inventory), they are plushies, not pets.. so I'm not sure why it's not going in the depot.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

I think that's from a repeatable in Greater Faydark but, yea sounds like it needs to go on the list.

On further poking, \aITEM 1815500142 -965029543 0 0 0:[a Gehein]\/a is kind of special. They do not stack, can not be named, and do not walk around but, do have a sit, stand option. Can also be resized to a degree. So, they seem to be kind of a weird pet/not-a-pet, replica thing. I personally think they should stack and go in the depot but, I can see that they might not depending on what they are like on the back end.

I think the cards are in a similar boat to the books that are tradeable.

Updated list to include everyone's submissions (I think?)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

I noticed mannequins don't in the box, guessing its because custom clothing? Not a big deal just a note. Haven't tried house actors yet. As said before some of the tradeable non custom books don't go in. Just did a dump of items in the personal box and some didn't go in right away had to click and drag into like tall sumac divider, was weird. Alsoooo big note at some point can the depo have an increase it holding amount or bring one on market that's diff named lore...Im gona need more room.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Going to have to put one in other houses you own. Between the guild hall, and house ones, given that 10k of an item counts as 1 should have a lot of space freed up in storage.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

House Actors can be named, so definitely not. On the other hand, though I haven't tried Dalron's book of obnoxiousness yet, the last I knew is they don't stack, which is silly, 'cause it's not a customizable thing. :-/

Uwk
    Marae and Breanna like this.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

Yeah only problem is I'm not a solo guild so not placing things in gh depo, so that's not happening. I do have the gh depo placed and it has stuff from event merchant and xpacs house vendors. So yes I would like to have an increase and/or one from the market.
  7. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

There is a depot for homes and not just in guild halls.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's lots of depots for homes as well as guild halls; the one that concerns me is the new depot for House Items being completely out of reach, financially, for anyone lower than level 125. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

As you stated here, books are a grey area, but all these books are merchant purchased, fully tradable, & stackable. As merchant bought items, I figured they deserve consideration for depot enabling.

All from the Chronoportal merchant.

Tale of the Hero \aITEM -752215209 487302200:Tale of the Hero\/a
    Necessary Elements \aITEM 1628630522 151384278:Necessary Elements\/a
    Ring Around the Desert \aITEM 1647421129 -571147646:Ring Around the Desert\/a
    Qeynos Guard Logbook \aITEM 2024745999 662960202:Qeynos Guard Logbook\/a
    Legacy of Guk \aITEM 40728190 -1949018372:Legacy of Guk\/a
    To Slay a Dragon \aITEM 1761075548 375113032:To Slay a Dragon\/a
    Walking in the Sand: A Case Study in Desert Spiders \aITEM 2069388873 1983078988:Walking in the Sand: A Case Study in Desert Spiders\/a
    Captain's Logbook - The Tidebreaker \aITEM 152445092 788227987:Captain's Logbook - The Tidebreaker\/a

There are probably more, I'm betting all the Chronoportal merchant books fall in this category, but these are the ones I had on me as I was trying to shift item's from character banks/inventory to the depot.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I think a good way to do it would be if you can SELL IT on the broker it should be able to go in the housing depot. This would include books (customized or not) and house actors (if not already customised). I mean that would be more logical to me . . But then . . . I don't work for Daybreak.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh; nope, they proved that the hard way that if you name something, even just a house pet (if they were salable before), or write in it, even just a silly Erollisi or Frostfell card (which actually have about as much "room" in them as a thick-looking Notebook, I've found, and can apparently be Brokered? or at least given away? even after being written in?), if you try to stack it, it just messes up everything. I don't know if DBG ever figured out what went wrong there. :-/

For those new here, when they first trotted out the lovely, lovely, lovely idea of stacking things (for one, I wish we could stack the exact same type of Appearance gear. Eighty-seven pieces of Nightmarish Plate Sabatons, for example, taking up 87 slots is like 86 too much for one toon), they really quickly ran into that issue, of written-in books and named Actors, Pets, etc. getting all fouled up, and the written materials losing their interior context (I think; it hadn't actually happened to me, but many folks with private libraries in their homes and Guild Halls blew several eyeballs in shocked, understandably outraged surprise). :-/

But yeah, I completely agree; more things should stack that aren't, still. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Finora like this.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

No I'm not talking about naming stuff. You can sell a NAKED un-named actor. You can sell a 5 actor box. But I do not think I can sell a QUIARRAH actor. Am I right? And I'm talking EMOTY BOOKS. Not ones already written in.
  13. Denmum Developer

It isn't as easy as it sounds, so no on house actors of any sort and no on notebook-type books, whether already written in or not.
  14. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

A few additions for the list of what won't go into a Home Depot:

\aITEM -734562818 -689584583 0 0 0:[Seeds of Vengeance]\/a
    \aITEM -1012304709 774805942 0 0 0:[Forge of Brell]\/a
    \aITEM -2070985973 78942099 0 0 0:[A Tale of the Arena]\/a
    \aITEM -1501889284 -849718809 0 0 0:[Foreman Garz'gog Dyeree]\/a
    \aITEM 1719385388 -934053147 0 0 0:[Order of the Frozen Wastes]\/a
    \aITEM -113524334 -1560615953 0 0 0:[Selected Poems]\/a

Oddly, some of these items (all but seeds of vengeance & forge of brell) cannot even be put into a furniture shelf sales box, only a generic sales crate. That I don't understand at all, since they're simple house items. ie, these are purely decorative house items whereas house pets aren't technically furniture, but you can sell them in furniture shelves instead of basic sales crates (arena champions for example).
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Denmum Developer

All but the first two are books, and books are in a weird gray area due to how the system handles all the text contained within them (And in some cases, there are two versions of the text based on if you have finished the quest or not, and things go all sorts of sideways). I am still deciding if we want to open that can of worms, as the last time someone tried to make books stackable (and thus more easily able to be stored), it wiped out the contents of player-written books and other "fun" stuff.

The forge is a world crafting device and does not stack and thus won't fit in the depot. (It intentionally doesn't stack, as specialized crafting devices are a bit odd.)

Seeds of Vengeance was an oops on my part as there are two such critters in the database due to how the promotion was handled and the item unpacked. I'm fixing the right one ... this time.
    Morukta, Juraiya, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fix, Mum! :D

But yeah, I've noticed that even with books that we can't write in; some stack, others (like Delrunt's? Doorknob's? -- Dalron's! Li'l Black Book) don't...and after dealing with Dingdong Dingbat in successive years just to get more of the other things from him, I really wish his "lovely books" would stack (other than physically in a heap on the floor ;->)...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

As always, you rock! :D
    Nanu-Nanu!
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

\aITEM -1042123112 1026773708:Skeletal prowler plushie\/a
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I saw "skeletal prowler" and thought of the pet, but nope, you're right, plushies should stack.

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been since informed that Doorknob's best-seller does indeed stack, which is a wonderful thing. ;->

Now if only the sides of the pages were white instead of yellow and there was a way we could buy unlimited numbers of them... /ponder

Uwk
    who laments that one of the best designs for a TARDIS requires the use of books (for the lettering of "POLICE BOX" on the top sides [as part of the POLICE Public Call BOX signs]) that are usually too big, even at a scale of 0.5, to scale the resultant TARDIS down to a reasonable size... :-/
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.