What do you want to see in the next xpac? What mistakes should be avoided?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by TrulyVexed, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

even with my paladin, one of the 'weaker' dps tanks, was able to burn through most the AS without too much issue. unless you think 'painfully slow' means 'I'm not done in 10 minutes'.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

And what sort of gear was your paladin wearing? My zerker has never had any gear better than crafted, solo timelined, or AS drops. Didn't even have half of the ToV AS drops when starting on the AoM Sig line, which he never bothered to finish.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Then give something similar to healers for those zones... and give mages something to make them as tough as tanks... for those zones..
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'm not very familiar with the priest classes. What ability did they have that allowed them to DPS that was taken away?

Mages I've never had DPS issues with - the squishier ones I just take along a healer merc.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're saying that tanks 'need' reckless for solo instances.. because they solo to slow. Then healers should get something similar for the same reasons... and mages should get something to make them 'tough enough' to solo those instances...

It's only 'fair'.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

TBH if you're soloing ASes SLOWLY as a tank when you're not squishy as all ducknuggets like scouts or mages (with little ways to restore the lost hp) then you've got problems other than a lack of a second offensive stance.

Like...gear that's entirely specced for Tanking while doing the ASes might be one problem.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

My paladin was in gemmed green gear and heroic jewelry from the previous expansion. so prolly better geared for AS zones. but even my supped up paladin hasn't got the dps of a handcrafted geared zerker. becuase I am entirely defensive specced and defense geared.

so yeah, an AS zone by myself usually takes me about 10-15 minutes to do. becauase I'm virtually unkillable, but my dps is about as much as beating someone with a wet sock.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Considering none of my so-called tanks have ever been in a group....my gear choices for them have been sort of atypical.
  9. Frinch Well-Known Member

ACCORDIONS FOR BARDS
    azcn2503, Seefar, Malleria and 2 others like this.
  10. Schemer Member

Well, any class specific gear would be great, like Twelve Tone Earstone or Drum of the Ethernaut Chronicler.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

Appearance instuments for bards would be cool. Probably would drive Tom Tobey nuts trying to program the annimations, though.
    Carynn likes this.
  12. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Just one thing I would like to see come to an end, not just for this game, but many games, really:

And end to cleverly (and sometimes not so cleverly) disguised gerbil wheels.

Had a number of friends leave this summer, and I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty burned-out myself. I have no problems with games manipulating my attention. I mean, this is a big part of what games are all about. I just don't want to feel that others believe I'm stupid. Not saying this was the intent, but that has kind of turned out to be the effect.

If someone wants to hold my attention, I want to have a reasonable expectation that I have some ability control progression toward my goals for the game. I have no issues with the element of luck being a factor. However, a process mostly dominated by pure luck, is for me, decidedly not fun. In it strikes me as a complete waste of time and highly unenjoyable.

This game does a lot of things right, and I'm grateful for its pursuit of innovation and the depth of its lore and attention to creativity. A lot of really good peeps working on this game, and I have noticed they are getting better, not just at listening to us, but in actually hearing us. I'm confident they will continue to improve the player experience it provides, so I hope to see the death of gerbil wheels :)
  13. Krov Active Member

Finalize the stat system , there is nothing more frustrating then doing some of the hardest content in game then having it trivialized by heroic zones and rehashed content.
  14. Frinch Well-Known Member

Great idea, Frinch!

~?
    azcn2503 likes this.
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and I hate a process not 'dominated by mostly luck' because that IS a blatant gerbil wheel. because it becomes save up X amount of Y to buy your nice shiny item. and the weighted idea I've seen of run the zone say 10 times and you are promised a 'rare' drop, just means people run the zones X times and then never again.

I prefer the random drops to keep people wanting to do the zones as opposed to a obvious hamster wheel or a 'run it X times and done' setup either.
    Seefar likes this.
  16. Taemek Member

With technology advancements that have been made in the past ten years, the question needs to be asked, do you need 100+ people to make a decent game/expansion today? I don't think you do with many titles already proving this being made by small 5 man teams and making millions of dollars to prove it.

Times are simply changing and the problem has become that people are willing to pay top dollar for subpar content.

Until there is 40+ million people who just stop buying this subpar content, nothing will change unfortunately and it will only get worse before it gets better, if it gets better at all. Look at WoW for an example, look at the amount of money and people they pour into their expansions and for what? 3 months of content? Then the game crashes again for another 6 - 8 months and another Expansion is advertised and everyone comes flooding back.

The life of MMORPG gaming has become a vicious up and down roller coaster with no consistency what so ever.
  17. Belenos Well-Known Member

THIS^^^, a thousand times, this!!!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Belenos Well-Known Member

Agreed! The whole idea of gating quests behind a sig line is--well, there is no other way to say it really--it is pure unmitigated suckage!
  19. Surgeon Active Member

yeah but it's easier finding 12 people than 24

but you're right lootwhores are a problem (and I totally agree that if you invest time into something you should have the opportunity to get something out of it) but that problem is indepenant of the raid's size.

I actually just now pre-ordered because it has an x2 raid
  20. Vallaria Member

I want something that reminds me of what it means to explore and feel immersed in a new and exciting world.

It's seems like MMOs are nothing more than an angry raid gear treadmill now a days...whatever happened to just...adventuring. :(