What class are you starting with?

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Zenji, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Kotter Legendary Member

i hope it stays healthy.
  2. Kenn Well-Known Member

I wonder how many brand new players will be playing on this server. I hope it keeps the numbers too, but they are pulling players off servers that merged because of low population. I'll probably play this server until the new expansion comes out on live, then play the sig and solo stuff there, then come back to this server. I do miss grouping for fun, hopefully this server has that. People get so bent on stats, you have to be exactly perfect, if I wanted a job, I would go to work.
    Proto12 likes this.
  3. Proto12 Active Member

Part of the spirit of TLE is to bring us back to a state of the game where stats weren't the end-all-be-all, and you could put a group together casually and run a vast majority of the heroic content just fine. Granted, if everyone min/maxed and "played this game like it was their job," then that group would complete it about 2x as fast, but nowadays on live the difference between those two groups is 1/2 a reasonable speed (if the casual group even have the stats to run it at all), and 10x the speed (a single person practically 1 shoting the bosses).

There's no way to play skillfully to make up for what you may not have in gear. Stats are literally all that matter.

Not to mention that you can throw your wallet at the game to upgrade every single aspect of your toon, class roles and disparity is practically nonexistent, etcetc (all the things most of us here dislike about the live servers)...
  4. Proto12 Active Member

As far as what class I'm starting with I honestly don't know. I'm having a hard time deciding between sk/bl/illu/inquis atm
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

This is one of the primary reasons why I lost interest in the 'end game' years ago - the skill factor fairly quickly became almost nonconsequential. The fact that this server caps stats in zones is going to make a lot of the raid dps kings pretty uncomfortable.

This all said, not having to grind for levels makes it pretty easy to reroll if you find a class you aren't particularly fond of.
    Arazmus, Proto12 and Zenji like this.
  6. Amawanda New Member

I will go Defiler or Brigand, simply because they interest me the most.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Channeler. The concept of a Bow Healer was always fun to me, and I like my Ogre on live well enough. Idk what went through my head naming a healer "Brewtall Ogrekill" though. More of a DPS name, really.
  8. Laalon2 Active Member

SK, Defiler, Inquis, Coercer, Dirge, Assassin

If anyone needs any of those classes for raids, lmk lol
  9. Arazmus New Member

^^ This exactly. I was going to go with conjy but since they're available I'm going to go with beastlord instead, at least at first. I played a fury back in the day and the thought of running a fury again with a pally or sk merc also sounds appealing. Decisions, decisions...
  10. Laalon2 Active Member

I played BL from 0-95 back when they were new. Really enjoyed it.
    Arazmus likes this.