What class are you starting with?

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Zenji, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

Me personally, I have always picked a class based on what the raid needs. This time it will be different, I plan to slow roll my way through zones doing the main story quests and trying to molo my way through some dungeons for achievements.

I was going to go summoner first for obvious solo advantages, but the poor stat scaling for pets while mentored is less than ideal. Not to mention resummoning your pet every time you zone would get annoying.

Would love to hear what class you are starting with, and what type of content you plan to be doing.
    Seth likes this.
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

Shadowknight, Nothing beats Rocking Content with a beast of a two hander, a Trusty Merc and a bottle of apple juice at the ready.. Ready to shove it down some Gnoll's throat who ate my pancake in Blackburrow.

And then most probably Host some Odd Raids periodically without diving too much into the guild aspect of things.. Guilds always seem to take away time from the game, the actual game, not the admin side of things.

But to be honest, I just want to Whack Darathar and Venekor about 24/7...
  3. Seth Well-Known Member

not gonna lie, but I legit wrote this, tabbed back into my screen, I was dead, checked what killed me and it was a stupid Gnoll in Antonica pathing...
    Jaden, Kaldin, Raeven and 1 other person like this.
  4. Canito New Member

Most likely going to make a Necromancer to start due to never playing one. Regardless of the bad scaling!

Classes ive mained in the past:
    1. Monk
    2. Fury
    3. Brigand
    4. Ranger
    5. Swash
    6. Zerker
    7. Assassin
  5. Jadefox New Member

Beastlord if available.
    SK or Ranger if not.

--"Decisive" Jade
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Beastlord is available
    Jadefox likes this.
  7. Jadefox New Member

/dance

--Happy Jade
  8. Kotter Legendary Member

troub (as always).
    mostly duo with merc.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Probably one of Inquisitor or Fury for solo/molo. Like you Zenji, I usually play whatever the raid needs, and that will be the case when Varsoon launches. In the meantime, I'll just be putzing around doing whatever. Might join a guild, might do a few dungeons/raids here or there, we'll see.

My main problem right now is that I'm on an M1 Mac, so I am running EQ2 through Crossover (so like, emulation on top of emulation), and the performance is, well, unpredictable could be one way to put it. But I have a new laptop on preorder, so that should be a nonissue as of a week or two from now.
    Zenji likes this.
  10. Seth Well-Known Member

I see they removed the beta section even though there is still one day to go haha.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Atrayeu New Member

I'm gonna go Troubadour. But am thinking of a Conjurer.
    Zenji likes this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

can always get a Troub Merc for your Conjurer ;)
    Seth and Atrayeu like this.
  13. Seth Well-Known Member

Or better yet, can always get a Conjuror for your Troub Merc!
    Siren likes this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Conjuror Merc doesn't use a pet though. Feels bad :p
  15. Seth Well-Known Member

The real question is, what are you going to Name your mercenary?
    Siren likes this.
  16. Kotter Legendary Member

Minime?
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

Torn between fury or illusionist. Considering the unknown efficacy of mercs and power management, I'm not sure which would be able to solo the harder content.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Kenn Well-Known Member

Based on Beta, I'm guessing like 30 active players after a month. So, probably going a solo class that has a chance to group, like a necro.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

SK merc with you healing as a Fury, probably would likely be the safest bet. Just need to keep a supply of pots/signets for mana.

But to play devil's advocate, you on an Illy with the Paladin or Inquisitor Merc, would also do rather well. Depending on which playstyle you prefer.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't think betas are a good sample for population estimates. Specifically not for the specialty servers.

Of course there will be a considerable drop after the first month, just like any new server/game. But I would guess the server will stay rather healthy until Varsoon releases in May.