What can you solo?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-cr0wangel, May 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-giantkiwi Guest

I just have to ask why solo play is very specifically locked out on a few quests. I've soloed to 82 now and I find Justice for Jojo requires two people to click at once on roots to complete. Why is this required? Just to prevent a soloer from completing it? I am a hard-core soloer. I grouped when I played the original EQ. Now I only ever solo. And I get locked out on some quests just on that basis. Why is that? I'm fine with the ones I just plain can't handle solo. But I have gotten past quite a few, even the Oratorium of Thyr, where they lock you in a cage to try to make you group. There is no reason I can see to artifically limit a player if they can succeed on their own merits solo.
    Why penalize solo players for their choice?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

giantkiwi wrote:
    First, grats on the necropost. Waiting 5 years to respond in a thread is impressive. :)
    Second, it's a heroic quest. No one should expect to accomplish a heroic quest while solo. If you can, then that's great. I do it all the time. Consider it a bonus. But, if you hit a brick wall on a heroic quest and you aren't willing to get someone to help, then it is content that was not designed for you.
  3. ARCHIVED-giantkiwi Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    As I said I am fine hitting a brick wall. Mobs too strong. Too many etc. But these walls are made for no other purpose than to force grouping. That is what I took exception to. At least I should be allowed to try. Solo. The way I play. Why should some content be 'not for me'? Although, I guess there is content that can't be done grouped. So maybe it all works out. NP. I'll move on. Thanks again.
    Look for my next post in about 5 more years.
  4. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Also 5 years back, prior to Desert of Flames (first expansion), every single piece of armor/jewelry had Mit on it. So tackling heorics as a zerk or any tank that is within 2 levels from you was extremely easy.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xaad Guest

So far, my biggest accomplishment is defeating a lvl 14 named (Pythus) at lvl 12... I'm trying to work the AA system, and it seems to be paying off so far. I can handle groups of 3-4 whites with little fear of losing. Of course, this may be par for the course for a lowbie Zerker, but I know that the SK I rolled had to have 2 levels on a named baddie before I could be reasonably sure of victory, so I'm pretty stoked about the class either way!! I'm sure in the endgame my AAs will balance out with most everyone else's, I'm just hoping that by investing early and trying to stay "ahead of the curve" that the path to said endgame will be a bit smoother... and littered with dead whites/yellows Anyway, thanks for lettin the new kid put his two cents in!
  6. ARCHIVED-Nekroghoul Guest

CrazyhorseII wrote:
    I harm touched Naggy once. He returned the favor by b-slapping me for 100K+ crushing damage.
    It was worth it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

It's all about the AAs. I am a twinked out level 24 Berserker. All matercrafted (with adornments). Master spells. 112AAs.
    With that I can take yellow ^^^ (but it is down to the last hit usually)
    Orange ^^ are a bit easier that yellow ^^^ (Do-able but not easy--usually in the orange when I finish)
    Orange ^^^ I cannot do.
    Any red (even down arrows) I cannot do.
    Regular orange I can do 4 without a problem
    Regular yellow I can do 6 without a problem
    Regular whites 8 (easily)
    Regular blues 10 (without a sweat).
    Blue ^^^ (2 easily)
    Greens of all flavors, are no problem.
    (One thing though, I lose duels to Inquisitor that is 2 levels lower and has 30 less AAs)
  8. ARCHIVED-Darkonx Guest

I can solo 35 yellow ^^ and ^^^ at once. 35 is as many as I can get on me at once before they start leashing. I could easily do 90 of them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jalen Guest

Wow, I wondered where all these mid-40's zerkers were coming from. Then all the ^^ heroics and someone talking about fabled gear in the 40's... Didn't notice the date at all on the first page.
    As a noob betrayed lvl 84 zerker, even con ^^'s are fine, the 85 ^^^'s for the epic quest are a bit much with my weak weapons and adept 1's. I'll retry at 85.
  10. ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus Guest

With the Chronomage I've soloed at green con or higher:
    Godking Anuk, the Mutagenic Outcast, Xux'Liao, Bonesnapper, Gates of Ahket'Aken, Pedestal of Sky, ToNT trash, Befallen: COA, Spirits of the Lost, 2/3rds of Courts of Al'Afaz, Barrakah, Siyamak, and I think all of the T5 contested x2s and x4s.
    Part of me thinks I should keep quiet to avoid the nerf bat, but tbh after killing them once dated fabled gear isn't much incentive to farm.
    Curious if anyone's managed Deathtoll or Labs (as a green con ofc)? I think Djinn Master might be doable but the KB was stopping me placing the instruments solo.