What can you solo?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-cr0wangel, May 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

I am a berserker level 47 for now, it's been a while since I haven't soloed because I prefer groups. Last night, I tried to solo a green mob (43 ^^) in everfrost. Well... I was sad to see that I couldn't solo it. :smileysad: It was making too much damage and I would have been dead before killing the mob.

This is weird because I remember soloing green ^^ when I was in the 30... I have good gear (fulginate armor, jboots, the breastplate is ebon, good jewels, rings that buff STR and STA, flowing black silk sash, 2 hex dolls) and I was all buffed. So is it normal that I couldn't solo a green ^^ ? It was cleary making too much damage, and I had to run. (Maybe I choose a mob that hurt badly?) I will have to test this again...
  2. ARCHIVED-Hunadi Guest

try a low green, at 40, I can solo double up heroic 35s if they aren't casters, and I can solo no up heroic 36s, but double up 36s are too much. Also, how long did you try it, I've noticed a lot of the mobs blow through specials fast that give me an initial damage that looks like I'm not gonna be able to solo it, but it levels off and I am still able to solo them once they run out of specials.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

It greatly depends on the mob you are fighting.
    But, at 50 I find I can manage most 46^^ mobs (blue) and some gimpy 47^^. The main strategy to doing that is chaining HO's with the level 40 training taunt (stifle) which greatly reduces damage from ^^ mobs... as long as you have power. (It also means I find caster mobs are generally easier than melee mobs).
  4. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Depends on mob, at 50lvl i can solo 46lvl ^^ leopards at EF, but if i take 46lvl ^^ numbfoot, it will kill me easily, and afaik both are melee mobs. Also 45lvl ^^ goblin lookout at LS was too much for some reason
  5. ARCHIVED-Red Sox Suck Guest

As a joke I tried to solo Doomsquall at LVL 31. Well to make a long story short as you all have guessed, that didn't last long. It was over before I was able to put off an ability.

Note to self
    Never do that again
    Noren
  6. ARCHIVED-CrazyhorseII Guest

Last night I soloed the last talk to the dragoon for the SBH quest. I did the cptn named guy with a group and then disbanned, i forgot that you get jumped by the asassins at the end.

There I was a 26 zerker vs three ^^ level 28 heroics guys, no problem. I killed all three with about 70% life left, and i had a thex caster add during the fight too. It did take about 15 minutes, but i have my SBH now... well i will in two more levels.
  7. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

I soloed Naggy. He was a punk.
  8. ARCHIVED-CrazyhorseII Guest

You talking about that lvl100 epic x4 dragon? Wonder if anyone will be able to kill that.

Crazylabrat
    26 Zerker that everyone hates
  9. ARCHIVED-Rabbit24 Guest

I am a level 45 zerker and can currently just barely solo 43^^ which are blue to me. Whenever I solo I have both Unflinching Will and the 20% speed + def spell up both at adept 1 (sometimes I take the 20% one down for weaker mobs). Also weapon guard is never down. I start with my highest damage spells with the longest recast timers early in the fight so I can use them again a few times. Putting the defense buffs up makes all the difference though, without them I can't take a green^^. Also just FYI I use a Hierophant’s Crook when soloing (i.e. no shield). Sounds like in general you have better equipment then me though so it may just be a buffing and combat skill thing. I try and use the most mana efficient ones in solo fights against heroic mobs because they tend to have allot of HP which makes it a long fight. The wound line tends to be a good one when you’re low on power. Also I have an FBSS (15% haste) and an ancient slayers ring (3% haste) which might make the difference in DPS when you run out of power towards the end of the fight and all you have is your auto attack. Anyway hope that helped. Good luck with the soloing.

Leeden 45 Berzerker
    Antonia Bayle

"...And those that were seen danceing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
  10. ARCHIVED-Rabbit24 Guest

Also, keep some healing elixers around for emergencies. They ROXOR THEBIG111ONE ONE ONE :smileyvery-happy:

Leeden 45 Berzerker
    Antonia Bayle

"... And those that were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
  11. ARCHIVED-Azril Guest

Hrmm can solo all the feerot named, highest thing I tried soloing and killed is lvl 49^^ evil eye. Can kill lvl 47^^s fairly easy long as they melee and not big nukers, 48^^s kinda tough but can kill after few tries. Without alot of fabled though maybe only can kill 45^^.
    Zerk
  12. ARCHIVED-Pernicious Pirate Guest

Overall I seem to be pretty consistent. no need to name minor exceptions. everyone knows they exist for everything.

45^^ NO brainer give me... probably go AFK 1/2 the fight and still win.
    46^^ no problem to minor annoyance. Done right always win for me.
    47^^ Almost always a problem getting them to approx 40% health wile im near dead is about par for course here.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

I just turned 32 a few days ago so dont have any info there...but at 31....i was fighting the Skindancer Green^^'s and the Defilers at the highest lvs were really tough to beat. Cant remember wuty lvl they were...maybe 27 or 28, but at anyrate, real tough fight that i amy or may not win.
    The ONE thing ive recently learned about caster mobs is:
    IF I CAN STAY ALIVE LONG ENOUGH FOR THEIR POWER TO RUN OUT......I WIN! I messed with 2 different ways to accomplish this and one worked and the other didnt. I tryed to hold off on my output til it ran out of power thinking that i would then turn it on......but i was taking to much dmg and the mob didnt have to heal itself thus conserving power.....So the technique that worked was really spamming through the Arts to make it heal itself and opp faster. The more dmg i did the more it was healing itself and the faster it oop'd. After it ooped...it was no competition.
  14. ARCHIVED-CrazyhorseII Guest

The real trick to it is get a 7.0 speed bow with gleaming strike and run in a circle, you will get hit by regular attacks but you won't stay in range for their skills to hit you. Stop every now and then to unload a few good dmg combat arts and back to the run while they refresh and your health/power regens.
    I'm sure people will be mad at me for saying this, but the other night i had a 20^^ named i was fighting with my 17 or 18 at the time zerker using the above tactic. A guide came up and started cheering for me and gave me food and drink after the fight. So i don't think they see this tactic as cheating....
    Crazylabrat
  15. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

Lvl 48 zerker here. I can consistently solo blue heroics 3 lvls lower'n me. 45^^ is pretty easy although if I get resisted a lot it can be close. 46^^ takes a lot to go right for me and nothing to go wrong. I eat casters for breakfast...I love 'em god he'p me I do. I fight with mostly pristine ebon armor; I dual Mace of the Lifebringer and PGT; and use master controlled rage, adept III unflinching will, darkmores, & spam anarchy + all the damage skills. I also use the heck out of my manastone.
  16. ARCHIVED-Red Sox Suck Guest

The real trick to it is get a 7.0 speed bow with gleaming strike and run in a circle, you will get hit by regular attacks but you won't stay in range for their skills to hit you. Stop every now and then to unload a few good dmg combat arts and back to the run while they refresh and your health/power regens.
    I'm sure people will be mad at me for saying this, but the other night i had a 20^^ named i was fighting with my 17 or 18 at the time zerker using the above tactic. A guide came up and started cheering for me and gave me food and drink after the fight. So i don't think they see this tactic as cheating....
    Crazylabrat

That is called Kiting, I guess you can try and use it, but going to be much less effective as you level up. Rangers master kiting, and do massive damage with it. Not really a zerker skill
  17. ARCHIVED-CrazyhorseII Guest

Yeah, I look at places like RV, FR, LS, and EF and wonder if there would ever be open space for this to work. I'm still using it to help with quest mobs and named from time to time at 28. Without it i couldn't have taken out the named lion and the named epic orcs for the lightstone when they still came up white or better. At 26 i was able to do the sbh guys 3x 28^^ heroics. It's not a fast or cost efective way to kill stuff but comes in very handy in a pinch.

Crazylabrat
  18. ARCHIVED-Poochymama p Guest

I can solo level 33 heroic blue deer in enchanted lands as a lvl 35 berserker. When i was lvl 34 i solod one of the lvl 40 nightblood in EL i was left with about orange health. Once they conned to orange i could survive them with out going out of green health. I wear feysteel armor so that may be why. But i am pretty sure that it has to do with the defensive buffs.
  19. ARCHIVED-Benaire Guest

At lvl 32 I could solo just lvl 40 single nightbloods
  20. ARCHIVED-Renzai Guest

47^^s are a gamble, usually a losing one. The highest mob I've soloed is a lvl 46^^ named crawler in LS, finishing with about 150-200hp to spare.