Weak, new lvl 90 coercer

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Shon, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Shon Guest

There you go again. Thanks again to everyone else with constructive criticism.

Chronomage seems like a good idea khiahh, for some reason even though I've used that to go back and kill some named for AA it didn't occur to me to use it for a practise perspective. Char is already more fun to play, just getting expert spells made a big difference.
  2. ARCHIVED-sick720 Guest

if you were powerleveled chances are, you missed out all the quest lines, another thing to work on then (after you have got the pq gear and expert spells sorted) would be chronomentoring down and and working through the quest lines for AA, this would make you more powerful and help you learn the class in an easier environment. dov mobs can be a harsh solo for a freshly levelled 90. id suggest start with kos zones and work up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

You're on the right track - continue doing PQs. Continue farming rares for spells.
    If you WERE powerlevelled then insist that your friend finishes the job and grinds you another 120 or so AA. Then you can jump on the pugs that are around.
    Read EQ2 flames, playing yes ofc gives you experience - but people on there have already tried a multitude of things, and then discussed them.
    Get your macros, get profitUI, be effective.
    Oh, did I say - get the mate that made you roll coercer and then did a poor job powerlevelling you to fiish the job with your AAs.
    Standard PL procedure by anyone worth their cheese sees a toon hit 90 with around 275 AA. All the hard work on AA is best done level locked at 23 and 55.
    Good luck.
  4. ARCHIVED-sick720 Guest

"Standard PL procedure by anyone worth their cheese sees a toon hit 90 with around 275 AA. All the hard work on AA is best done level locked at 23 and 55."
    i disagree. i always PL to max level first then work on AAs, the reason being, vitality at level 90 lasts a whole lot longer at 90 than it does at lower level. last double exp weekend i got over 50 AAs (248-300) on less than one bar of vitality. had i tried this at level 50, i would have made 5 or so if i was lucky.
  5. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

i played when the game released and played till about a few years ago i think? well i recently came back and picked up on my 62 dirge. i found out you can do Pling now (awsome) and have since been getting pled and also doing some random stuff (L&Ls heritage, language etc) in my freetime, also run a dungeon or 2 and i have no trouble soloing or doing anything by myself. well ive noticed doing dungeons the people who have been pl'ed or are in the process of being Pl'ed and notice the lack of knowledge about their class. granted its only stuff like the hole,charkdok random stuff like that but its rather annoying when a dirge(me) is outparsing a 85-90 anything and i think it is a good idea that your take some time soloing your class ie stuff thats lower, chrono down and run some dungeons solo, run some group dungeons at lower levels just to learn your place. pre Pling i soloed everything i could on my toons because without the experience your useless to groups if you dont do things right, its kinda like if i went into a dungeon group with all melee and i didnt run any buffs or temp buffs.... id be extremly useless to everyone.
    basically if you do the time people will notice yourgameplay and see that you do in fact know your class and youll have people begging you to come help and fill spots because your a useful clas.... im currently being harassed on a daily basis to level faster because i guess people like dirges again :) ( I played a coercer to 50 and raided there for along time and loved it and got it to 70 before i quit playing. its a fun class and youll always be busy especially when raiding). sorry bout the pointless rabble just thought id put myinput in (^.^)/
  6. ARCHIVED-wayfaerer Guest

Step 1: Make a macro that casts hostage, destructive mind, spell curse, arcane bewilderment, counterblade, shock wave, masters strike, hemorrhage, asylum, brainshock, medusas gaze, silence
    Step 2: Send in PE, obliterated psyche, mash macro, profit
    Seriously though people who told you to delete your 90 are idiots.
    Read all of your spells, sort them by type to make learning their uses easier. Put all of the mana restores together, put all of the AEs together, put all of the buffs together.
    While my macro was a joke (kind of) it gives you a vague idea of your spell priority when DPSing. If you have some basic quested gear you should be able to just dps spam everything to death with ease while using medusas gaze, shock wave, stupefy, ego shock and silence to CC to prevent incoming damage.
    If you are really struggling with solo quests then your gear really must be obnoxiously terrible in which case I'd suggest getting basic treasured gear crafted for you which is a decent starting point and should be more than enough to allow you to start doing DoV solo questlines that start in Fina's Retreat.