We have been totally screwed over in this expansion

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-tentimes, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-tentimes Guest

I'm just going to fill out the list. I'm disspointed beyond belief after having experienced it.

• Forge of Ro stealth nerfed to about 1/5 the hitpoints it had before
    • Protoflame HP stealth nerfed to ab obout 1/2 of what it were before
    • I used a bit of paper tonight to tot up the number of plate vs cloth items in chest drops, 13:1 over 6 hours in same dungeon (other armour types ignored)
    • Illisionists already outdamage Wizards on raids and in groups (I'm deliberatley not talking about other magic users - they are better too). They can get 50% spell haste now. Wizards get a maximum of reduced casting time 1.3%. ONE POINT THREE PERCENT???? Useless. Recast time reduction of 12% maximum - again, won't make much difference
    • Other lines are equally useless when we spend all our AA points on them. 1.5% additional change of a crit? 1.5%?? Useless. I won't even go in to the rest
    • Quest are geared toward mellee. I have done standard quests meant for everyone that give me wants that increase my mellee damage, attack speed etc.
    This expansion has just pushed it over the edge for me. I chose to play a cloth caster, but the people making this play mellees and couldn't care less whether someone playing a cloth caster has a good time.

Why?

Why not try and balance the thing out so that you have the rewards and the progressions equitable amongst classes? Why put 13 times more warrior drops in chests than Mage drops? I think it is simply lack of thought. The designers are playing gunho tanks and design things to suit themselves.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cecil_Strife Guest

While i do agree about somethings... you are mistaken on others

its a 1.5% with 1 rank.... it goes up much higher then that when you put more in
  3. ARCHIVED-BlueSun Guest

I actually have a theory on this...

According to eq2census.com wizard is the most common class. So screw us over and enough people will leave.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cuki_55 Guest

You might wanna stop writing stuff you haven't researched proberly! And I have seen tons of caster stuff in-game and I've seen pic of higher lvl caster gear too!
    Lol and we don't do that bad of dps... Might wanna think about how u play ur char instead of just whining on the boards, casuse that ain't gonna change ****.
  5. ARCHIVED-EQarigon Guest

I assume you must use Ro to solo? I use it all the time in Santrum and never have a problem with that pet being killed in grouping situations, same with protoflame. Im happy they fixed Ro where its more reliable sometimes it never worked at all.
  6. ARCHIVED-QQ-Fatman Guest

Some classes like summoners and crusaders get +12.5% spell critical chance at rank1 (and it's not a final skill.)
    Yes we do more spell damage, but do we do 12.5 / 1.5 = 8.33 times more spell damage than those classes? No, we dont... especially comapred to summoner. This is going to make summoners dps even higher.
  7. ARCHIVED-BadLieutenant Guest

I am sure there will be tweaking and balancing made to our AA's. I wouldn't give up all hope yet. As far as gear goes, so far I am very pleased. I have got several upgrades that I can use, including a new robe with 23int and 10sta and FL2 on it. I just hope this trend continues into raiding. As far as T6 goes we had pretty much 1 choice for each piece of gear (excluding helmets) when all other classes have 2-3 choices per slot. My final vote will not come until raids start up.
  8. ARCHIVED-curtlewis Guest

The OP does have a couple valid points: the stealth nerfing of Forge of Ro and Protoflame.

It's not like either of these turn us into an incredibly powerful class. We're far below what we should be for Tier 1 DPS as it is.

Devs: Please fix the hitpoints for those two as well as our familiar. Familiars shouldn't be dying 30 sec after summoning to a mob's barrage. This happens ALL THE TIME. It's very annoying. They can't attack, can't do damage and provide little benefit. There's no need to make them vulnerable, especially THAT vulnerable.
  9. ARCHIVED-Nimington Guest

We are not a pet class, and I don't believe we should have a pet option to tank for us. These are both great tools in group situations but should not be used to take the hits for us. They are different dots that look cool and add flavor. The nice thing is that for the duration they are out they are generating damage for us and no hate (untill they die or fade). Thus if you have a tank, you can do extra dps with out making more work for him. If the tank is tauniting and holding hate against the group then neither Forge nor Proto pull hate off him (generally) and thus shouldn't die.
  10. ARCHIVED-BlueSun Guest

I agree to a certain extent... However, since we are not able to keep mobs rooted in order to do damage (is that an enchanter's job?) and we can't take the hits (is that a tank's job?) and we can't do fast steady DPS (is that a ranger's job?) and we are constantly interrupted if we are being hit, then what options do we have for soloing?

I agree that in a group FoR and Proto aren't that important, they are a dot, and that's all they should be. However when soloing we need SOMETHING. It is entirely possible to get killed by green mobs with no up arrows if FoR dies instantly, roots don't stick, they interrupt us when we get hit, and we get killed in 5 hits.

So yeah, I'm okay with them nerfing FoR, if they would give us something else. But they are not giving us anything else. They are taking things away from us, without giving some other aspect of us more powerful. Our solo-ability has dropped a lot with this change. Our only option anymore is to root rot enemies... stuns and roots, 3 spells over and over, for green mobs.
  11. ARCHIVED-rekcah_keeg Guest

What Solo option do we have?? omgf learn to play your wizzy. From 50-60 all I did when not in a group was solo ^^^ heroic and named up to 2 levels above me.

I get tired of seeing so many wizzys ****** about this class get over it and learn to play you char. If you can learn to play a wizzy then roll a freaken tank and shut the hell up
  12. ARCHIVED-Nimington Guest

Well it's yet to be seen if our roots are actually working as described. The data collection people have done indicates they are breaking more than the indicated percent of the time. It is possable that the roots are a bug and it will be fixed at some point. As for interupts, I have found that as long as your are only fighting one mob you do ok but it's when the 5 in an encounter jump us that we die to greens. I've been doing ok fighitng yellow solo mobs with no arrow or one up arrow in KoS. Remember that anything more is NOT intended for the 'average' member of a class to do, could we do it? Yes. Can we still do it? Yes, with skill and luck. Can other classes do it? Irrevalant, as we are looking at our own ability vs the mob, not vs another person.
  13. ARCHIVED-BlueSun Guest

I find the data involving roots to be rather conclusive myself, but I could see that some might not be convinced. However, even if they ARE working as intended, they are still rather weak, and should scale with quality (adept 3 break less often than app1) instead of just resistability being affected.

Okay, so you have no problems with stuns and interupts? Have you been fighting the bugs in KoS? In fact, go back to feerrott, and fight those bugs, and see how well you like the stuns and interupts. But yes, it is not deadly if you fight just one, it is merely dangerous. Too bad most everything is group agro anymore, nuke a scaleborn and pray that none of the others saw you.

And yeah sure, we can fight yellows. Heck I have on occasion defeated a red triple up heroic solo. The technique for that is stun stun root, stun stun root. And how do we fight yellows? stun stun root. How do we fight whites? stun stun root. How do we fight blues? stun stun root. How do we fight greens? stun stun nuke (dead). There are particular situations in which we might use other spells, however they are rare and very situational. If you consider using the same 3 spells over and over and root rotting enemies to be an interesting and challanging thing then I guess you are doing just fine.

We are weaker than we were before LU20. And we are weaker than we were before LU19. Does this worry me? Yeah, quite a bit. Are we currently nerfed to uselessness? No of course not. We are still a valuable fun class. When people say DPS they still think of us (along with rangers of course). Are we still viewed as an Alpha Class? Yeah I think so. However I think that the current trend of making us weaker is a bit worrisome. If this trend continues we will be less worthwhile, less desireable. Most people believed that we were mostly well balanced before LU19 (although other classes were perhaps not balanced in comparison). No other classes were complaining about our forge or protoflame being powerful, conj and necros were not intimdated by our awesome pet abilities. No one thought our spell procs were unbalanced, no one thought that our concussive firing on multiple enemies was a bad thing. Yet these got nerfed.

And the most important thing about these nerfs, is that they were not in the patch notes! The patch notes said nothing about forge getting nerfed, it said nothing about protoflame becoming weaker. We were never told that stuns would be more powerful. We were not told that enemies would hit for more damage. The patch notes said nothing about procs from spells, it specifically said that proc changes involving CA's and Auto-attacks would be changed, nothing about spell procs (which affects concussive). In fact in some dev posts it was basically said that the proc changes were made to lower other classes DPS so that wizards would again be in the top tier, yet these changes nerfed us worse than several of the unbalanced classes (except for the poor rangers that got nerfed real bad).

The latest series of unexpected unwaranted stealth nerfs to wizards with no dev comment or response on the issue is VERY concerning.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cuki_55 Guest

What Solo option do we have?? omgf learn to play your wizzy. From 50-60 all I did when not in a group was solo ^^^ heroic and named up to 2 levels above me.

I get tired of seeing so many wizzys ****** about this class get over it and learn to play you char. If you can learn to play a wizzy then roll a freaken tank and shut the hell up

/nod
  15. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

Necro's are crying about a stealth nerf to the HP of their pets as well. I think they stealth nerfed all pet's HP. I think Moorgard said it was a bug but they haven't fixed it yet. :(
  16. ARCHIVED-Parasite Guest

Yeah, it's a bummer than they lowered forge of ro's health. I would say more than 1/5 because I used to be able to pull 2 heroic groups for 4 grey/green mobs and let him tank it the whole time. Now he dies in 5-10 seconds. Overpowered? Probably. I don't think it should be hit by greys... they're grey. However, now that it hits everytime it's supposed to it does some kickin' damage.

Also, I have no problems using it in grouping situations, but I really hate the change they made to make dumbfires get hit by AE's because 1 decent AE on a raid and down go forge of ro and protoflame.
  17. ARCHIVED-UnderToad Guest

So you could solo 62^^^s as a level 60.

How, exactly?

How much power did you have, how much Power-regen do you have? Really, I'd love to know how you're not talking out of your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
  18. ARCHIVED--Diabolic-Tom- Guest

Forge of ro and proto were bugged and now are fixed .. they seem to have their HP back.
    Solo'd from 56 to 60 in two days this weekend with out any problems, no I cant solo yellow con heroics, but then anyone who can needs to be nerfed BADLY. Raided Sunday and was consistanly in the top 5 DPS in a 3 group raid, probably was tied for number 2 with a Ranger, after another Wizard if my parser would count the frostshield Procs as my damage instead of the tanks.
    Roots dont hold like they used too, have adapted and I do fine...
    Sorry everyone else is having such problems....
  19. ARCHIVED-VampireWookie Guest

For me it's easy. I'm 56 and can solo any yellow heroic and have had some success with orange. You have to be patient.
    1. Ice Comet
    2. Root
    3. Repeat (Truss is on 50 sec duration with ice comet 45 sec recast)
    Sometimes I mix in BoI Master II and if it breaks root I use paralyze to stun and then re-root.
    the only power regen item i have is Golden Efreeti Boots.
  20. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

Wizards own.. if you whine how we suck.. it probably cuz u suck. I raid, I solo. I can toss [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] near 900dps pre-kos single target and can go over 2k on group mobs consistently. There are tons of items, (potions, food etc.) to make yourself survive a triple up heroic. Use them.. :p there are tons of recources to be self sufficient