We are losing too much

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Meg, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Hmm.... looks like that is exactly what your trying to say according to your posts.

I didnt read everyones post on this thread but the few I did seemed to get it right for the most part. Im a level 38 Dirge. I know we have some things that are gimped but at the same time we have some things that work great. Im in a guild with people I group with on a fairly regular basis and the bottom line is they tell me that when Im in the group things just flat out die faster then with any other scout types they have typically played with.

I have Jonathan's and haste up at all times and then I throw 3 debuffs on the mobs (Daro's Doleful Dirge, Clara's Crazed Cacophony and Tarvens Bedeviled) Plus I usually backstab with Delusory Shrill which also debuffs agility and spell avoidance. So when Im in a group they get 4 debuffs on all mobs, incresed haste and stat buffs from Jonathan's. That is alot.

Ok according to you Troubs are better. Well Im not sure exactly how. But if they are......who freaking cares? I get tells constantly at my level to join groups. All those abilities above coupled with Fear which has saved teammates lives tons of times (I typically Fear boss creature while group takes out lower minions and this helps everyone from healers power to everything else) and then the regular scout abilities like Escape and all is good in my book.

The only real thing I have to complain about is Hyran's Angry Sonata is overall fairly worthless and I thought it would be a great ability.

I realize some other scout classes like Swashes or Brigands or whoever prolly do more damage then us. But I think our damage is still great. Especially once they fixed lanet's. But those other scout classes do not increase the groups damage like we do. They might get the odd debuff here and there but nothing like what we have.

Anyway....the funny thing is I dont get what your post is even trying to prove as you dont seem to have anything to say and contradict yourself. You say your not saying we are not powerful in groups....but you complain some other scout type does more damage....you say your not saying Dirges are less powerful then Troubs...but then you say there is no reason to play a Dirge over a Troub.....

In the end.....its just you saying..... nothing. But that is your opinion and I respect it. I just think your not good at taking comments against what your feelings are. Im not defending my class to the death and saying we are uber. I would like to see several things tweaked and changed....but i dont think we are useless, less powerful then Troubs or anything else your implying. I think we add alot to a group and can solo just fine especially once you get over say level 30 or so.

Thats just my opinion....and you have yours.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Yes Meg, everyone BUT you is clueless and can't carry on a conversation. Sorry to interrupt your brilliant conversation with yourself. Please carry on.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

I think you're playing to much eq2, your awfully hostile, I didn't mention solo, troubs vs dirge because
    A. Pointless waste of time
    B. See the above
    C. Chill out

kthx
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 02-04-2005 12:18 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Kostamojen Guest

Level 35 Dirge here.

I dont know what Meg is saying, Dirges rock. I can solo far better than Troubs can (fear + 3 ranged songs, + life tap) and I basically use Haste + Harls + Brias for group and solo combat. Brias Thrilling Ballad is a life saver for healers (adept 1 of course) in a group and without it in solo combat I end up having to wait alot longer between pulls for power to replunish. Its a time saver solo, life saver via groups. I can solo orange solos in RV just fine when I want. The other thing we can do well is combine our snares + fear + evac to help save ourselves or group members from impending death, we are one of the few classes if any that can do such an efficient job at getting rid of adds and keeping people alive.

For groups, ANY bard is highly sought after in higher level groups these days. I get a few tells a day from people requesting me to join their group.

Make sure to keep your equipment up to snuff, and definatly get the PGT, it helps a TON with combat (Ward + random power regen + buff). Combine it with the Slime Coated Harpoon and thats two weapons with procs, and try for the Haste ring too and that will increase your effectiveness even more.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

I like the dirge class, played it since beta and its one of the better classes I've played in a mmorpg, can solo ok, brings something to a group and has variety, sure there are some bugs/problems. It shares similarities with its sister class obviously, but I don't think I'd want to play a Troubadour personally.
    And yes one of the reasons I chose Dirge over Troubadour is the name ;)

If thats makes me clueless I'm happy to be so, as I don't have a problem with the class.
  7. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

I'm a 36 dirge, true my dps is not so great, but that comes with the class, i do what i can with my melee and CA's. But of course my one big power is my ability to debuff, debuff the mob so that our whole group can do even more dps. Upping stats and such is no problem, true as you said the troub has this area, but then again, they lack in debuffs. about the same.

If you really want to check it out, there really isn't much sub class difference. Really is there much different between berserker and guardian? all the other subclasses are good/evil, i.e. pally sk/ ranger assn. We are just able to choose either or, regardless of faction, is there a difference? yes subtle enough that to me it made a differenc which style i choose to play and that would be dirge style.

To me the main difference, is that in a raid situation with 4 groups, the 1 troub will make his group powerful with buffs so the six of them can attack the 1 mob better, but me, i'll debuff the mob so all 4 groups benefit that way.Thats the main reason why i choose my dirge over being a troubadour
  8. ARCHIVED-spir@l Guest

I'm a 33 dirge on the runnyeye server.

I just wanted to say that I love playing a dirge. I've not really found any problems pleaying the class, I don't think I've got the short end of the stick. Seems to me we are very adaptable, and we can usually plug any gaps that the group we're in has Ok so we can't heal group mates :smileywink:, but we got power regen, fear, we can increase group dps, we can also heal ourselves to an extent (that ability has certainly saved my hide more than once). There's a load of stuff we can do. Ok, agreed there are other classes out there that can do it better than us, but are those classes as adaptable? I don't think so.
    Message Edited by spir@l on 02-04-2005 07:22 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-spir@l Guest

oops, posted twice
    Message Edited by spir@l on 02-04-2005 07:21 PM