We are losing too much

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Meg, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Meg Guest

The Dirge is becoming a real questionable choice.

Between the two bards, troubadors can buff better.

Damage with weapons is about the same. Troubadors do more with the extra buffing, but base looks similar.

Agility just got nerfed across the board.

Debuffs were nerfed, and troubadors shared the best one anyway. Slow debuff is about as useful as haste song and haste song blows because everyone uses specials which messes with the weapon timer.

I just dont see anything worthwhile in the class anymore. Only half of the people have the extra speed buff because they have not reset the traits yet.

The backstab I have at 37 does about 200 dmg. [FaarNerfed!]'s and brigs are doing 1000+ Not even close, and the abilities we had to make up for the gap are nerfed.

Mana regen blows a big one too. Half of the 6 dirges on the server dont even use it.

Our biggest problem is that we are not a popular class, so therefore we dont have the amount of class whiners as other classes.
    That means we get ignored most of the time. If you dont cry about your class, nothing gets fixed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Quasar Guest

This is eeriely similar to complaints by Troubadours, yet the reverse... ;)

Why would the amount of whining affect how much attention a class receives? They said they're reviewing damage output of all classes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

You know, if the mobs hit harder and more often now and agi makes less difference than it used to. Wouldn't that mean our speed debuff is now MORE important than ever and the troubadors AGI buff advantage is LESS important?
  4. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

- Huge differences (including buffs and debuffs) in stats will no longer have as pronounced an effect in battle. For example, players with +150 in stacked Agility buffs are no longer unhittable by NPCs ten levels above them.

This has no effect on our combat slow spell. These do not effect stats, they effect attack speed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I'm not a troubador. I'm a Dirge and still soloing as well as ever, haven't tested out how well we do in groups though.
  6. ARCHIVED-Meg Guest

Sorry, I should have said that better,

The haste is only half as effective. The combat timer vs specials used is kinda funky. Its a thread in here somewhere, Ill look it up
  7. ARCHIVED-Kragmire Guest

Agreed.

Don't know why we continue to get nerfed (?) It's not like we were the most powerful class by a long margin before, yet the changes to abilities, stats, songs, etc, are removing whatever role we had. Thank god I chose the traveling song because otherwise I think I would have quit the game by now. For those poor souls who make the wrong choice at level 30... not sure what the class holds for them any longer.

Why was it so hard to make bards/troubs/dirges cool like in EQ1? As it is, we don't even get unique instruments - not sure that class specific loot is even in the game. I feel like I am just a nerfed rogue with some meaningless spell icons to make me feel good.
  8. ARCHIVED-Weekapaug Guest

Not to mention the level 20 quest armor looks like **** now.

I looked like I was wearing chain before the patch.....Now I look like I'm wearing an ornate jogging suit.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

Not having problems at all at 50 as a dirge. I can still solo the double up greens no problems. Haven't tried the double up blues yet. I still contribute immensely to any groups I join also. Clara's just owns! If you don't use this song you need to. It increases DPS SIGNIFICANTLY. Mana song while not as powerful as I would like still gives good benefits to my groups. I couldn't group buff agi anyways as our 2 stackable agi3min songs were not group based. I can still increase HP and offensive skills which help in dps even more and survivability. Don't start to sound like the whiners over there in the troub forums. Dirges are fine. We bring alot to a group and having me in a group will increase group DPS more so than just picking another scout over me. I say this even after the nerf to scouts. We are fine.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meg Guest

Im sure we still bring stuff to the table xanusus.

The problem is this....

There is no reason to choose a Dirge over a Troub.
    Troubs can do the same and be better still.
    The only reason you should pick a Dirge is for the name.

Debuff... bah troubadors can debuff
    Buff... Troubs buff better
    Dmg about the same
    Utility about the same
    Slow and Haste not even worth casting
    Mana song pointless until you reach the top end, where the grinding ends. Both get anyway

What exactly do we do that makes a Dirge worth choosing over a Troub ?
    The fact that bards are nuetral means evil and good can both choose to be a troubador.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

This whole thread is petty. Do you know what petty is Meg? Petty is looking at someone else's good fortune as your bad fortune. I have absolutely no trouble finding groups. I have absolutely no trouble soloing. I don't concern myself what troubs have or don't have as long as those things remain true.
  12. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I still love my Dirge. I'm even experimenting with 1hs and shield now. Ghoulbane turns out to be a pretty decent sword for my level.

I have no trouble getting a group, and in fact, I'm usually third in line behind our usual healer and tank.
  13. ARCHIVED-Meg Guest

Lornick, its quite evident the whole meaning of this conversation went right past your little head.

So why dont you run along and play.

When you can actually follow a conversation and not twist it around in your warped little head you can comment.

You have added nothing to this, therefore you are a troll also.

Move along junior.
  14. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Yet you also have completely over reacted as well.
    You seem to be on a crusade to convince everyone we are worthless, and worse than troubadors now. You have used some wierd logic to discount our advantages to make use look worse than we are.
    Here is some information on some parsed logs I was doing earlier today to see just how effective my dirge is now. I was in runnyeye at level 34 this morning.
    I ran some logs with and without using Clara's (pierce/crush/slash debuff). The difference in DPS of all the fighters and myself was about 20%-25%. That's pretty good if you ask me.
    I also used Lucky Break when fighting from the miners on. I tried it and without it. This had an effect of about 10-40% damage improvement depending on the level of player I compared. Players under 34 struggle hitting the 39-41 mobs without it, with it they improve dramattically. This buff also improved the tanking ability of myself (got agro a few times and I do dodge plenty still) and our tank. When I had haste up, and clara's without daro's doleful dirge, we barely managed to beat the miner groups with a shift boss. However, I put up lucky break and daro's doleful dirge, and we beat it with ease.
    On top of that, my DPS is quite respectable. I was doing 60-100 DPS at level 34, which is quite respectable. Higher than most at my level.
    Add in Bria's, which does helpout with downtime a bit, and I've more than pulled my share.
    Only complaint I will agree with you on is our power drain on named mobs is pretty pointless now. I couldn't manage to drain the power from a boss before we'd kill it with damage.
    Message Edited by Padien on 02-02-2005 11:50 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

Meg you are clueless. I have personally watched groups BEFORE the patch BEFORE troubs took a huge nerf bat hit. The group in question had a troub in it. They were trying to compete with us for a spawn(opposing guild) . We were in a race to get to the spawn first so I know they were going all out to beat us. The groups were similar in make up to us so it wasn't that we had more DPS classes than they did. In fact they had more than us. The big difference between our group and their group is they had a troub and my group has me. We kill 3 times as fast they do no joke. We were on our third mob when they were still working on the first. You obviously have never used Clara's or you would realize this. Dirges increase group DPS by TONS. Troubadors CANNOT do this. I'll give you a rough number here. When I join the group I increase group DPS by 100-200 DPS across the board. Meg go play a troubador. You obviously suck as a dirge. If you really want all those now nerfed agi buffs that troubs get then go ahead. If you really want their awesome 20-30 hp/tic song that does absolute squat against mobs hitting for over 1k a pop then go ahead. If you really want their 15 second charm then go ahead. If you really want their lvl 50 mez(when all you're majorly doing at that point is raiding with ENCHANTERS who can alrdy do this then go ahead). Meanwhile i'll keep my abiltiy to increase group DPS immensely. I'l keep my ability to do IN combat resses for half health half mana( much more better than any mez will do in a raid situation which is what you're eventually going to be doing at 50). So what does that leave us with? Oh right troubadors can power drain! yayyyyy!!!!! So can I, So can enchanters( and do it much better at that), and others. Have fun playing a troubador Meg and watching every dirge blow by you with their groups both running and killing.
  16. ARCHIVED-Alisan Guest

I have to agree that as long as I am not in a mage group, clara's is my best abilitity! Most of the others add a little bit, but troubs dont get claras and its very nice!
  17. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Word, I can't go afk without an invite to perma/lava heh, some people just need to read my sig.
  18. ARCHIVED-Meg Guest

Double post
    Message Edited by Meg on 02-03-2005 01:24 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Meg Guest

not worth my time
    Message Edited by Meg on 02-07-2005 01:58 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Read the subject, read your original post. Read your replies. Either you are an utter idiot who can't remember anything you've written before, you have no ability to write what you mean, or you are a troll.