Watching Jazabelle Decorate

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't get around to switching the lights today. I was contacted about doing a guild hall based off of Homes and Tomes' T1 guild hall, and so I wound up calculating the cost and filling the manifest.

Here you go! (Also posted in the first post.)

Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Thanks for recording and posting these.They are a real insight into how this stuff is done and a comfort to know that I'm not too far off the mark when I dabble.

I hope that Moonborne open their hall to visitors once the work has been completed as I would love to have a look around.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Most Guilds do, from what I understand; usually it's the more complex stuff (accessing the crafting stations/harvest depots, placing items in the Hall, etc.) that's kept "within the family." :)

Uwk
    Enoibia likes this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting these. I've just started watching them and am not through the first video (I'm not watching in order though, watching the guild hall commission first). Already I've learned something. I had no idea you could hotbar the house item and click to place it. Wow. I've always right clicked on each and every item and chose place to put it down. Also, it looks like that some of the time you are just dragging an item out and placing it. How do you do that without having the "item destroy" window pop up?

Also, I loved seeing how you set up your dungeons for storage. I've been afraid to do that because you can delete a dungeon but being able to have an organized storage like that might change my mind. Right now I'm using the claimed houses that I got that each character can have (Everfrost, Lavastorm, etc.)

All that rambling is just to say this is very helpful and thanks so much for doing it!
  5. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I'm not dragging an item and placing it. I'm actually double clicking it in my bags (which, when you're in a house, moves it into house placement mode).

The dungeons are lovely, and if you're worried about deleting them, make them on a rarely-played alt. Only the owner can delete them, so if you make them on an alt and give yourself trustee, you won't be able to delete them :) It's something I thought about doing at first, but I decided to just make them on Jazabelle.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing up the double click thing. I already used the hotbar method today. Soooooo much easier than how I was doing it. I think I will make dungeons for storage too. I'd much rather have all the items on my carpenter/decorator rather than have to look through all my toons houses for items.
  7. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

2014-10-12: Replacing a group of the same type of item with a group of another type of item using the Replace feature of the layout editor.

I wasn't able to get to this yesterday like I expected to (I wound up with a surprise guild hall commission), but here it is. Better late than never!

8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::blink:: What? You can hotbar items ('cause I've been right-clicking all this time, too, without ever really thinking about it)? Hnh! Well, come to think, they do have icons...though that seems like an extra step, placing the icon bit in the 'bar in the first place. Guess I'd better watch the rest of the videos and the newly updated ones! X-}

I've set up one Dungeon for all of my alts on Crushbone to use, but so far, none of them have really availed themselves. The rules there work a wee bit differently than in the houses, and I'm halfway tempted just to go back to my usual Mistmoore Moving and Storage companies. ;->

Uwk
  9. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I didn't manage to get my head around that either. Perhaps a short tutorial just on how to do this would be helpful to many, if Jazabelle has the itme.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe if it's something like placing 87 Polished Ice Tiles, for example, you just need to put down the icon for one of them, and it keeps "rejuvenating" in that hotbar slot until you've placed all 87? :confused:

Uwk
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

Yes, its for when you have multiples of the same item in your bag such as 20 tiles or whatever. Then you just drag it to the hot bar one time and click them all onto the floor! And the icon goes dark when they are all out of your bags! It's my new favorite thing. :p
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Okay - I am so going to have to try that. Thanks, both.
  13. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Hotbarring items is useful when you have a lot of the same items to place (as Katz did an excellent job explaining).

Right-clicking is all right, but I much prefer double clicking an item in your bags to place it :) As the Moonborne video showed, I often have to empty large loads of house items from my bags into a housing zone. I'm all about efficiency and speed with placement :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  14. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

So I entered the decorating zone, and what was supposed to be a short 15 minute clip about Battyrella's Belfryella turned into an hour... Only hunger stopped me from continuing!

This uses the circle tool and the rotate group around point features in combination with duplicate.

15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Uwk
    Enoibia likes this.
  16. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I would have gone on longer working on Battyrella's Belfryella, but there was some construction going on in the backyard... I have no idea if it was audible on the recording, but it was distracting ME!

Also, the video split in two, so there's a part 1 and a part 2 to it.

Part 1:

Part 2:
  17. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

More building Batty's tower! Half an hour working on FLOORS again!

18. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Wow! Lots of good stuff here! Thank you very much for the tutorials!
  19. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

As a new player very interested in decorating, I just wanted to say thank you for these videos. The tutorials are just what I was hoping for!
  20. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the videos!

This time, I'm working on the start of a fireplace. This has some of the processes I go through while decorating.