Was hoping it would be different this time..

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Teju, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Fetish Well-Known Member

There are games balanced for PvP. If that is what you want, go play them. The thing that always made EQ2 PvP different was that it WASN'T balanced for PvP. They took a great PvE game and simply switched on PvP. Do some things need to be tweaked? Sure. The PvE game has changed over time to be a bloated mess of numbers and imbalance. Why do you think people play on the TLE servers? To escape that mess.

What Darkpaw doesn't need to do it try to turn EQ2 PvP into some kind of overly balanced box of boredom. There are 24 classes. Some of them are very specific in what they do for the group/game. The tweaking needs to involve looking at how the PvE changes have affected the game (massive spike damage, world travel, lack of open world content), and mitigate those issues to bring back what made the EQ2 PvP servers so populated they kept crashing, and that is simple a vibrant PvE game with (sensible) PvP enabled. But instead Darkpaw just turns every TLE into a Krono grab...
  2. QuakeOne New Member

The people killing me are not all the same classes, I'm getting killed and fighting variety of classes.
    Some are just better 1v1 and others better in group fights.

The only unbalance thing I see is high levels mentoring and unattackable and they setup around you and they start the fight and usually win. If they are eventually going to be able to attack, should be able to attack them and not let them get setup first at the very least.

I looked at the leaderboards too recently it wasn't like 10 assassins and few others, it was all over the place with classes. In other games like ESO, GW2, the meta is usually a handful as well, so don't go assuming balance is not a problem in those games doing well with PvP.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

Teju you played on Nagafen and Vox so you should know how it is by now. It is always a gank fest. It is a jungle out there. Kill or be killed. Though this was probably one of tamest PvP server yet. No Harla Dar death squads this year. I have only died 9 times. Back on Vox it would have been a 100+ deaths by now.
    Frostfang likes this.
  4. Sunlei Well-Known Member

There are many different ways to play the pvp game. You're the experienced pvp player, next time make a plan for when a newbie friend/groupie dings into pvp levels. Have your scout/tracker watch for enemies in the zone, practice what the group will do when attacked. Have different strats, catch the enemy out alone harvesting.

You can also stop exp, turn it off at level 9 and just craft, harvest and level crafting to max. You can be a Baron of broker sales, do the daily overseer quests, harvest , go to high level zones, collect shinies and watch the pvp fights. Pester them!! :p Fill your journal with ready to complete quests, have multi collections ready for turn in. When you've had enough of the broker seller gravytrain turn on adventure exp, pop that exp pot you've been saving and ding many levels. So many different ways to play!! you do not have to play the I ding lvl 10 and am cannon fodder game at all.
    Picard, Frostfang and Siren like this.
  5. Badbigwolfe New Member

This is the problem with over reacting. Really how long was this an issue, just the 1st couple hours? I haven't seen a single full group of low teens greifing people. PvP isn't for the fragile egos. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE, get over it!....
    The game is ran by some little old lady, IDK why I expected anything different
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

So you think it would be a better game if it was run by a younger woman? Or maybe a taller woman?

After further reflection, it occurs to me that you might be implying something completely unacceptable. I mean a younger woman running the game? I guess. A taller woman running the game? Sure? But, asking for a woman to run the game that is both younger and taller? No! That's beyond the pale of what is acceptable in a civilized society.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  7. Magdaddy Active Member

This is hilarious because the die hard PvP player base is almost exclusively people with the most fragile egos that exploit anything they can to be able to kill somebody to camp to their alt of that faction and run their mouth like they were just crowned champion of Norrath.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The PVP servers in this game are hilarious because all it is, is a quick cash grab. Last server they came out with all that crap for people to make their characters better and then a month later the server was dead. Maybe even less than a month. Some people I met in game left after 3 hours.
  9. Trump New Member

Some category of people can not play 24/7. Main population of EQ2 players are 40 y.o. People +. Now after around two weeks a see a low population of people at 10-20 lvl. Yes of course if you play around 4-7 hours u can meet people for pvp at this lvl. But not a lot. So after 2 weeks I play at zarrakon I can say, around 10:00 p.m. by American time population of server is medium and people play, in our guild Synergy online in this time 15-20 ppl. We are going to max lvl, many ppl playing in Very powerful guild(exiled). So I cannot say server is dead maybe after 1-2 months yes, but I hope population will increase
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

I'm enjoying playing on the server occasionally but you're absolutely correct, the die hard PvPers are some of the strangest people I've ever run across. It's like a badge of honor to be the most non-sensical moron possible.
    Magdaddy likes this.
  11. Magdaddy Active Member

Yooo what's up Melt?! Hit me up if you play on Varsoon. Magmag/Pickles. <3

RIP live servers. Also, you playing a fury with me on my inquis is definitely a way we could get more healing. KEKW