Warden: Capable of MH?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-eq2NT, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

solo healing mmc as a warden is very vyre possible and very fun =) we did the entire flowing of the dark lord questline (except last step) with me solo healing in there just about every time we went in. All you need is a chanter and you're gtg.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

I wasn't trying to flame you and sorry if you took it that way. I don't need to research you. I just respond to what you yourself post. You are trying to make other people believe that 2 healers is no fun and people should not group with 2 healers. That a "real DPS class or utility class would be more beneficial". That's your opinion. I disagree with it. Other people can and do have fun with 2 healers. You don't and like you said if 2 healers are in your group you'll disband.
    Personally with 2 healers we just get more loose with charging rooms and taking everything down at once instead of pulling safer amounts or using CC. That's can be a ton of fun IMO. :smileywink:
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

we do the same thing =p my tanks are always charging around grabbing whatever they can (except in places like nizara/mmc.. hell even in nizara last time we did it tank wasn't exactly walking on eggshells through there and I was the only healer). I'm a healer.. meaning I don't want to kill crap.. I want to keep the ppl who do kill crap standing so they CAN kill crap. Honestly if they made things such that a single healer couldn't keep a grp alive on their own, then I wouldn't care one bit if I had another healer with me.. but when I can do it ymself, why should I want someone else there to do it for me cuz I can guarantee you if I can do it, any other healer that knows how to play their class can do it as well... the onyl difference is their heals take priority over mine leaving me with nothing but nuking which is quite frankly extremely mind-numbing and boring if that's all you ever have to do as a healer.
  4. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

Not only that but I took dps AAs and stuff so I can solo heal things and still dps. Like I said, this game is way too easy. In a zone like HoF I can hit 400dps and solo heal it np. I'll have to see how high I can parse while solo healing CMM now. That will be fun. Knowing when to tone down your dps to survive, when to hit sandstorm, when to go full out nuking, when how much to mix nuking with solo healing is the foundation of playing a warden well.
    That's why I don't get 2 healer groups. It makes no sense to me but to each their own. I like to play this game, not have a backup so people can afk or just chat in tells the entire time going through the motions. If I can do something like solo heal CMM, you bet the next time I do it i'll be pushing to see how much I can dps I can pump out next time while solo healing it. That's what striving to play your class to it's best is all about. That's why I play. If you don't play to play your class to it's potential then that's cool, we're just talking about different things.
  5. ARCHIVED-Badge Guest

I always did nizara with a bruiser tanking and I'm sure a guardian or something would have been better, but I can't imagine the difference being enough for solo healing to come anywhere close to "easy" (the last fight that is). Certainly harder than mistmoore.

Although I haven't done nizara since eof. It could be much easier now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

it IS much easier now... can we say cureable Flame Claw? =/ =( Took all the fun outta that zone
  7. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

so just don't cure it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rastaah Guest

I get extremely happy when another healer joins my group. And in fact I think it would be funny to try a full group of wardens and furies lol. Im just weird like that. We did some raids in WOW with all of one class, hunters, priests etc.

perty fun stuff.
  9. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

there was a time when sylph affected epics, and i proposed a 24-warden raid... :smileyvery-happy:
  10. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

*Wide grin* Ooooo...
  11. ARCHIVED-SeaDoo Guest

I swear people are sniff'in glue.

More DPS means you kill the little monsters quicker. Sooooo that means when the little monsters are dead, you stop healing quicker.

Then you rinse and repeat. - "Attack more monsters"

In most cases you want one capable healer , one capable Tank, and the rest DPS = "kill little monsters faster"
  12. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

SeaDoo wrote:
    I swear people are sniff'in glue.

More DPS means you kill the little monsters quicker. Sooooo that means when the little monsters are dead, you stop healing quicker.

Then you rinse and repeat. - "Attack more monsters"

In most cases you want one capable healer , one capable Tank, and the rest DPS = "kill little monsters faster"
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I think the glue sniffers are the one's that want to keep doing the same old healer tank senario through out the content never looking or caring to find new ways to get stuff done.
    12-20-200602:10 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

As said before, any class is capable of "main or solo healing."

If we're speaking of what class can deal with spike damage more than others, there is no question about it. Fury.
  14. ARCHIVED-Magius789 Guest

Faite and Ariel are hawt. Even though one is a freep. :smileyvery-happy:

Rangers rule!
  15. ARCHIVED-tiredangel Guest

My preferred method of doing instances is trio -- brigand tank, mage dps, and warden healer (me) for loot reasons. When we add extra dps, they go insanely fast -- but honestly, if it's more than trio, it's a group of friends so I don't care too much what the group makeup is. If there is a warlock or two, adding a defiler actually makes it go faster since the brigand can then pull multiple rooms, but if most of the dps do single target damage, then we pull fewer and a second healer is silly. There are only two instances I can think of off hand where either a second healer or a coercer is needed (and honestly, both are welcome). I have 92 AAs so not having the most efficient groups is working for me anyway -- not spending a couple hours trying to put together ideal groups is nice.

I don't think furies are better than wardens at dealing with spike damage in an exp group. Yes our heals have a regen component but those regens are going ALWAYS -- my big heal normally hits for about 1k anyway and then keeps regenning every second as the tank is still taking damage. And I can spam my heals for a longer time than a fury. It equals out.

For pvp, a group with both a warden and a defiler is pretty much unkillable. But warden IS very good at being a PvP solo healer -- with our high mitigation and resists, we're hard to kill.
  16. ARCHIVED-Bong_water Guest

yeah a fury can handel spikes better than a warden most of the time
    but the more i play i get used to how certine mobs fight and i can anticapate hard hits pretty well and i think thats the greatest skill for a HoT healer.
  17. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Agreed. Generally I run parse timers of 'big single target hits' not only AOE's, so I know whats coming and have tank as prestacked as it gets, while being able to hold onto every last bit of my power.