Info Needed Waiting for zone server.................

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jovie, Jun 14, 2023.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

I doubt that i am alone in the random zone issue where it says waiting for zone server and just sits there. Forcing me to crash the game and restart it.
    It isn't all the time, but it is frequent enough to be an iritant.

Please fix.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Sometimes the game just.... doesn't respond. it's been that way since the game launched. Zones "go to sleep" on the servers when they're not being used by *someone* in the game at the time. If you zone into a place that nobody has gone to in a long time, sometimes it fails to wake up and you have to exit the game and relaunch. It is what it has always been.
    SolarFaire, Breanna, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

I see this happen with a lot of special instances. It's happened to me in a duo quite a few times on Triad of the Elements, so it's not a question of non-use. One person gets in, the other goes into limbo.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, that does seem to be new... :-/

Uwk
    who also recommends that if you're bored with the "You [or someone] haven't been in this zone in the last 5 minutes?! Back to the end of the queue for you! :mad:" nonsense and want to do other things with your computer while waiting, DON'T immediately jump over to another program; that'll just make things worse :-/
    (and to think...back when I was on a WinXP box with dial-up, zoning would take, literally, 2.5 to 3 MINUTES...)
    Daryx likes this.
  5. Daryx Well-Known Member

Occasionally on the other instances I've had it happen (usually live event ones too!), if I minimize and then wait a second before restoring the program, it'll "wake up" the zone server. But that isn't working with Triad and I would have to say I've seen it about 10 times in the past 10 days, more often on some days than others. Maybe it's because there are too many people trying to zone at the same time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  6. Twyla Well-Known Member

Too many people would be my guess, since it seems to happen at certain times of the day going into the GH or personal housing. Too many people accessing the server(s) at the same time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks for the advice; I'll try that next time I'm in one of the older zones (or trying to get in...). :)

Uwk
    Lakataskeyi likes this.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

For us to investigate these types of issues, please PM me your character name, server name, what zone you experienced the issue in, and at what time you had this issue. Additionally, are you using the streaming client?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I do not use the streaming client, and admittedly this issue has ceased for the most part since the 64-bit update, but I've experienced multiple times across multiple zones-- overland, instances, even contested where the zone would not load up. Whenever it happens when I'm in a group, the others will usually say that I went linkdead, though.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even if only temporarily, or after you had to Exit and get back in again? :-/

Uwk
    who often comes back to one of those situations already "in" the zone I was aiming for (which caused much drowning in the approach to The Caves until they fixed it to where you came in onto dry land; thanks, SOE tech connections! :D)
  11. Jovie Well-Known Member

It has happened on loads of characters. Most of the time it happens when zoning into premium housing from the universal door in freeport, but on occasion it happens on the qeynos version.
    I do use steam.

Next time i get this to happen i will pm you the information right away.

Thank you for your reply!
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Jovie Well-Known Member

On the flipside, i never had this happen prior to the 64 bit client push.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I had, tons of times, but it was mostly with my Stone Knives and Bear Skins sorts of computers and connections. :-/

Uwk
    who still gets them occasionally, but very rarely...easiest way to get it is if I try to do anything else with my computer "too soon" after starting the zoning process (and especially trying to get into a Guild Hall straight from Character Select or direct login) :-/
  14. Jovie Well-Known Member

So i have messaged Ratalthor with precise information and gotten no reply. I find that this issue is still happening enough to be game breaking.
    Please. Find the problem and fix it.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

Info moved to page two so I can easily find it and update it.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From everything I've heard, it's more stable running via a downloaded, .exe sort of thing vs. streaming, but ymmv. :-/

Uwk
    Feara and Twyla like this.
  17. Feara Well-Known Member

Don't make me make sense!
    /chuckles
    I access the game via the LaunchPad.

The game client itself, EverQuest2.exe, is the "streaming client", not the LaunchPad.

Whatever.
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

That's not actually true.

The exe just skips the patcher. Whether you are streaming or fully downloaded depends entirely on whether you changed the setting on the launchpad (the patcher) to make it a full download, which is irreversible without installing in a new location on your system. (Or uninstalling and reinstalling in the same location)

Just to clarify.
  19. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I run on full-download mode, not streaming and still have this happen occasionally. Though for what it's worth the switch the 64 bit significantly reduced how often this happens.

Note: Every time it does happen the game shows to guildies/friends that I am now logged out, while I'm staring at the loading screen.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

Hey, I love clarification, it keeps me straight. /chuckles

So I really run fully downloaded not streaming. Thank you, I got it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taled like this.