Vuulak's Changes

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gaealiege, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Darkon I just did it not 2 minutes ago without cycling temps. It can be done. I have some seeded issue with aspects of the fight, most notably for Arhmatal there is no warning of where the flames will spawn, it's not a massive issue but just urks me for some reason.
  2. Treejay Active Member

3. Estred Well-Known Member

Haha, yes that's what we did. What I mean is I almost would rather the fire-fields be more, indicative of where they spawn with a harsher failure to move mechanic. That would be a different style of fight and the Devs built it this way, I may disagree with how it was done but it is what it is.
  4. Darkon Well-Known Member

Yeah it's really annoying dying to RNG fire. I've farmed it for 10 consecutive times first pulling every mob in the zone, then died 3 times to fire literally chain spawning under us as we try to move away from it. It's super annoying.
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

Would you mind sharing (here or in a PM) some stats about the fight? Like the overall heal parse and the incoming damage on yourself? (# of hits, total hits, average, etc.) Because i've done it with a better-geared guardian than you and there is no way i could keep him up without him cycling temps. If you're not using temps, the inc damage comes down to just being a gear/stat-check, so I'd like to better understand what's happening different in your fight than mine.
  6. Gaealiege Active Member

My favorite part is where the discussion devolved to people in fully Djinn Master, PK, Psyllon, Avatar gear doing their usual bit. "Herp we cleared it with our gear, why can't you?" Really guys? Let's stop being facetious idiots and put something productive in here.
    Estred and Vladislav like this.
  7. Skwor Active Member

The zone difficulty after the patch is too low now. I believe the gear should be modified to reflect how much easier this zone is to beat now. I beat this zone in all heroic gear and not full gemmed out with little difficulty, given the value of the drops in this zone.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

No, it really is fine. Unlike old Heroic X2's this zone does not contain any Best in Slot items. The EV charm is a choice for players not a clear-shot best they can wear. The zones difficulty is now in line with what it drops. The thing we as players should be examining now is how Potent is comperable to Energized.

3/3 Potent should be just barely above 0/1 Energized and it is. The reason everyone is saying Potent is better is because 3/3 Potent is much easier to acquire over 1/1 Energized. Dominion I feel is actually rewarding what it should now. Most groups will not slay Arhmatal, heck most probably won't pass Dagrin without a lot of time.
  9. Kcool005 Active Member

You don't need to Rotate blocks hardcore in this zone unless you don't have the right make-up or a weak healer, or if you're a brawler (well i did it prenerf on bruiser so dunno now) -- Check how you're gearing. i bet some you people are going in there with half DPS gear on and expecting it to be a cake-walk - It's suppose to be the hardest instance - Wear defensive gear if you have to.

First named: Tank/Spank don't need to cycle 1 thing.

Second named(Behemoth): Throw up your block when the fire builds, EVERY TANK HAS ONE. Furror, Tower of Stone, Stonewall, Etc --- Most die at this point because the sustained heals from the healer, or healer(s) starts to get interrupted or you get knocked out of range, other then that you should be fine.

3rd named(Wyvern thing) - watch the cast bar, when the mobs about to cast the spell that the Mage needs to cure pop a block, so your healers can catch up when its cured. Can also block when the add comes in if you're spiking hard.

4th named(mounted dude) - When you pull the mob in, you shouldn't need to use much of anything, if you're taking to much dmg, have the healer keep curing ur curse as it reapplies. - When he splits at 50% and your killing the add, you still shouldn't need anything, it's not till he comes back, - when he comes back throw something up, and then have your healers tell you if they get the detarget, throw another block up if they do, and you'll be fine.

Last named: This one you want to spread out your blocks more, and coordinate with your healer. This is ment to be the hardest Group mob in the game atm, so ITS GOING TO BE HARD FOR SOME LESS ORGANIZED GROUPS. -- Basically just spread ur blocks out, if you're geared correctly he wont 1 shot you anymore. - Try not to move as much as possible, a lot of tanks, like to run around like healers have infinity heal range, well every time you just run off, your sustained heals drop. Pay attention to where your healer is, and it should be fine.

The key issue i see with a lot of tanks that go into this zone is they aren't geared correctly.. I did this whole zone in Solo Gem 4 gear, and it was fine.. It wasn't as easy at it is now, but i also didn't have to break my back cycling.. This zone is suppose to be rough from what i understand.

Granted i run with some of the best healer's in game, it's still not that bad. and 10x easier then it was.

Hardest class to do it on is a bruiser imo, Easiest is a zerker.. but all plate tanks (if geared correctly) should be able to do it with ease, minus endboss - Depending on DPS, heals, etc.
  10. Treejay Active Member

Psyllon is one piece that a lot of people arent evne using, pk is one weapon that doesnt help survivability. avatars dont even drop gear anymore other than that neck
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Besides, only some Psyllon Items are even worth it anymore. Some still use Gen'Ra Jewelry for the unique effects but really you run SG-Challenge for the Hydra Helm and you run PK for the Weapons, that's about it.

Minor gripes about enjoyability and mechanics aside Vulak'aerrs Dominion is rather on point for it's rewards now in my opinion.
  12. Treejay Active Member

It takes 20-30 min and give some decent charm clickies, the EV one being baller (i think it drops in that zone i haven't even seen it lol) and the purse is great for dps. So I agree Estred its pretty much where it should be.
    Estred likes this.
  13. Rarespoon Member

All of your suggestions are when to use blocks, which are apparent and how I was able to do some mobs in there on my SK before the change.

2nd boss for example, Glacial smash only came every 20% or so, and the boss only hit for 500kish so I was able to cycle Furor and Divine Aura plus a death save or two and win. Now he hits for 800k, this means I only have Furor which last for 25 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown, Divine Aura is now useless because it only mitigates damage if the damage is less than 50% of my hps. Which means, with out bringing certain classes to help me mitigate damage then we can't do it. We don't have the luxury of picking and choosing what classes to bring, we grab guildies and go. Even with two healers and my SK healing over 80k hps, we can't stop double 800k hits or heal through it. That mob easily does 350k dps, and the defiler, well, 4 melee hits = 4 death saves = pointless, but I'd be happy to be able to kill razorwing again....

And maybe it is gear, I only have two more pieces of potent to 3/3 and honestly, don't see it making that much difference
  14. Kcool005 Active Member

Check your mit, and your uncontested block, - because nothing in zone was hitting me for 800k, you can max uncontested block, and get a huge amount of mit with solo gem 4 gear alone... Sony made gear so close this expac. - So raider / non-raider gear isn't much different (which i don't agree with, but w/e).. And remember this is suppose be the hardest instance YOU'RE SUPPOSE BE SOMEWHAT GEARED.

[IMG]
  15. Skream Member

If you can't be bothered (for whatever reason) to put in the time to set up an optimum group composition and give yourself the best possible chance to clear the zone, then you do not deserve to clear the zone. The same can be said for gear choice/adornments/aa spec etc
    Mountbatten and Estred like this.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Where can i find information on guardian temp ? I m sure that my tank friend is doing something wrong.
    I know paladin temps, but i have no idea about the guardian ones.
    I need to know to coordinnate my 2 DP and my cyclone. My mythical thorns are probably going to be useless
    since they just block 3 hits.
  17. Karnoz Active Member

The following list assumes 100% ability reuse speed and appropriate defensive AA's picked.

Last Man Standing: 7 stone skins, 30 sec duration, 150 sec reuse.
    Tower of Stone: 4 stone skins, 15 sec duration, 60 sec reuse.
    Perfect Counter: 3 stone skins, 24 sec duration, 120 sec reuse.
    Dragoon's Reflexes: 100% parry, strikethrough immunity, 20 sec duration, 90 sec reuse, drops when any CA is used.
    Block: 100% block, strikethrough immunity, 15 sec duration, 30 sec reuse, cancels after one blocked hit.
    Defensive Minded: 20% dodge, strikethrough immunity, 30 sec duration, 90 sec reuse, one stone skin ever time a hit is avoided.
    Guardian Sphere: 25% chance to proc one stoneskin upon taking damage (stoneskin lasts 10 sec and doesn't apply to the hit that triggered it), 20 sec duration, 90 sec reuse.
    Unyielding Will: one death save, heals 100% HP and applies 25% max HP buff for about 60 sec when triggered, 210 sec duration, 450 sec reuse.
    Hunker Down: Large mit buff, 10% Block Chance, and 13% DR, 45 sec duration, reuse 30 sec (starts when Hunker Down drops).
    Battle Cry: Large mit buff, 8 - 10% max HP, 3% DR, 50 sec duration, 45 sec reuse (i.e., maintainable).
    Unshakable Grip: 20% riposte, 18 sec duration, 90 sec reuse (note: does not confer strikethrough immunity).
  18. Treejay Active Member

I enjoy having to cycle temps.. back in the day playing a healer it was all me.. now it is in the tanks hands for the most part to stay alive and I like that. Trust me if you start raiding anything that means anything you'll realize healers still do a LOT.

/sigh i hate when im in my unadorned dps gear that i solo stuff in and my hp is so low in the sigh lol...wow.
    Estred likes this.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

This one needs some fixing though. I feel it should offer a trigger just like Stoneskins do now. Say after triggering the Block it keeps blocking for 5 seconds and maintains the Strikethrough Immunity for the full duration.

That's just what I personally would like and feel that would make this AA quite worthwhile again.

The Heroic AA confers .5% Max HP/Rank so it maxes out at 4-5% HP depending on if you put 8-10 points into it. Unless I am blind there is no way it could be giving up to 8-10% Max HP as you have stated.
    Karnoz likes this.
  20. Karnoz Active Member

You're right, of course.