Veteran Reward, 9 years.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-theriatis, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi!
    I hope it was not mentioned before (otherwise the Trolls will eat me for asking again), so:
    When will we get them and what will it be? (Don't know my exact Account Age, because i'm not sitting at home,
    but i enlisted in the first day of EQ2 and have every expansion).
    Regards, theriatis.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sylvellior Guest

3. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Ok,
    the only one day i didn't look into eq2wire...
    Head -> Desk.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

No xp potions oO wtfun? Health+Power-potions wthello?
    It only can get worse... from this on....
  5. ARCHIVED-EternallyConfuzzled Guest

Zergosch wrote:
    I suspect that the idea is if we get stuff that's actually useful from veteran rewards then we won't buy from the market place. Personally, I'd like to see badass mounts and appearance gear on the veteran rewards, but that's probably too much to expect on a regular basis.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Hachi@Nektulos wrote:
    Yes, that what i also expect, as it means we already payed 9 "greatfull" years our fees and all we get is a container and some pills? oO
    I mean.... the rewards before where better then this... well the collectorseditions before where also alot better....
    Gifts from SoE these days are more like... get use to use our things we sell.....
    The container is ok.... but the rest? I bet i never use those potions oO never ever .....
  7. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Umm ... 7x Unattuners and 50% lower Broaker Commissions ... you guys will complain about anything. Who the heck needs XP potions these days. If you're on a 9 year Vet account and you actually used all of the XP potions you've been rewarded in the past, then you have obviously 'struggled' to get to 92, IF your even that high, and more potions won't help you get to 95 next month.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    At least xp potions can be more fun or help than a few hp´s through a healthpotion ;)
    Mount, House, some cool fluff gear ^^ instead, i would prefer ^^
  9. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Zergosch wrote:
    XP potions are a waste to many people... the thing is that there are either WAY too many or WAY too few depending on the player consuming them, never 'just enough'. I have a dozen minus 1 (11) 92/92/320 toons and out of them 8 or 9 have left over /unClaimed XP potions just sitting there rotting. Other people have toons in the 50's with all XP potions long since used up.
    You could make the same argument with unattuners, but those are 'normally' used on highend high-level gear that get reused.
    The 50% less broker commissions is a huge deal. My 2+ and 3+ year old accounts have an impossible time be competitive on the broaker prices and I have to move all my high prices items to my older account to sell with the 10% broker reduction. The 50% one will put more cash in peoples pockets without a doubt.
  10. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

The health/power pots are stupid. Yay for 3 SC "consumables"?

Make them non-consumable and on a 1hr (cant be reduced) recast, and now were talking... kind of. heh.
    Overall, however, EXTREMELY lack luster vet rewards, again.
  11. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Well one can hope the devs still have the vet reward system revamp in their sights.
  12. ARCHIVED-naladini Guest

I really like the new vet case, looking forward to the claim. Happy Anniversary EQ2!
  13. ARCHIVED-SteelPiston Guest

I expect to be playing EQNext betime my 9 years comes around. I'm not going to worry about it.
  14. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

7 attuners is getting pooh-poohed?
    I guess the adage is true. If John Smedley personally sent out a $100 bill to everyone here, people would complain that it wasn't five $20's.
  15. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I would thank him for the $100 and ask him what his plans are to fix the game.
    Joking aside, I do think unattuners are the type of item that belong in a vet bonus. Vets (might) have alts. Alts (might) like hand-me-downs. It's nothing overpowering. It's just a nice convenience item for people who have been around.
    XP pots still unclaimed after the first 8 rewards. I do think they should come up with one title per year. That seems like a simple thing that has no balancing issues involved.
    (Side note: I did finally claim the 8 year rewards on a character today. I'd forgotten completely that it was available because there was absolutely nothing interesting about it. (Yes, I say that after saying that they should at least have a title.)) I think the vet display case is the last good reward (Vet call if it was reliable or needed at all any longer excluded) so I like that they added another, though I do think the quantity is a bit low.
  16. ARCHIVED-naladini Guest

I wanted 50 $2's. Definitely hard to please everyone with these awards, year over year, they're usually pretty good. Call of the veteran should simply be an ingame ability for everyone though. Porting people to your group should be standard nowadays.
  17. ARCHIVED-salty21db Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Yay Feldon. Why I continually say that no matter what is done to this game people will ALWAYS be unhappy. It is almost the entire reason that eq2FLAMES was made lol, because they were kicked off this forum for their idea of "constructive feedback."
    One of the main reasons I could never be a developer, there is so little positive feedback. The only true kind of feedback is the bottom line with the $$$$ in it lol.
    Negativity sprinkled with entitlement, the majority of humanity.
  18. ARCHIVED-salty21db Guest

naladini wrote:
    Game is easy enough and lacking timesinks more and more, please don't wish it to be even faster otherwise I have no reason to pay for it lol.
  19. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

salty21db wrote:
    Check your history again.
  20. ARCHIVED-salty21db Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    Been on the site plenty. In fact I got kicked off/ip banned from my "constructive criticism" of their "constructive criticisms." Most people can't handle what they dish out :p. It's a sesspool of internet scum :p.